PDA

View Full Version : Chargers might have another Rodney H??

urlacher54
09-09-2004, 11:50 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20030814-9999_1s14chargers.html
(http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20030814-9999_1s14chargers.html
">"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href=)
</a>

CARSON Hanik Milligan plays strong safety for the Chargers, the same position Rodney Harrison manned for the last eight seasons. Milligan was a late-round draft choice from a non-BCS college, same as Harrison. And he loves to deliver hard hits to opposing players, same as Harrison.

Milligan even says he would like to be the team's next "Hit Man" "It sure is fun," he said of hitting but Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer would like to hold off on the comparisons for now.

"We're talking about a young man who's just trying to find his way through (his) first training camp compared to a guy who's been an outstanding player throughout his career," Schottenheimer said. "So I think it's hard to draw parallels between the two of them."

Hanik Milligan Scouting Report Fox Sports
Milligan is an aggressive, hard-hitting strong safety from Houston. He has good size, strength, and speed, though he does need to add weight to his frame to be an in-the-box type of NFL safety. He is extremely aggressive, always looking for the knockout blow. He takes good angles and is a fairly sure tackler. He will miss some tackles when he gets too aggressive and overruns a play. He has some coverage skills but his techniques are extremely raw. Milligan has the speed to cover in the NFL but needs to learn how to change directions better

I want to see some hard hits, scare the wide recievers ya know? What do you guys think i hope he has a breakout year like he did in my nfl2k5 franchise game lol.

Critter
09-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: urlacher54

what you guys think? He could have a great year lets hope! i want to see some hard hitting

He could have a good year but how is he ever going to be the next hitman?

Kiel is the starting SS and I don't see Milligan taking his spot away.

urlacher54
09-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Yea I dont know if he will get the start. He is on the depth chart after wilson. So I mean maybe he will be on special teams for now, but i just wanna see this guy develope into a great player...lets hope, the chargers have a LOT of great rookies this year

Critter
09-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Wilson is a FS, not a SS.

If Milligan is listed behind Wilson on the depth chart, that source you quoted has their facts wrong in regards to Hanik being a SS.

urlacher54
09-10-2004, 12:02 AM
on the chargers depth chart he is on both the fs and ss position, guess he can be in and out on a couple plays to give the guys a breather

SuperMatt
09-10-2004, 12:28 AM
I've always liked Miligan, he's got a nose for the ball and everytime I see his number, he's making a tackle. I'd love to see him get some playing time, maybe he can start to make a name for himself this year and wrangle a starting spot towards mid-season?

GdoubleE
09-10-2004, 12:56 AM
I'd like to see him get somt PT before I anouunce him another Hitman thats a bit ridiculous. If he becomes better than Wilson then move Keil over to his natural position at FS and have Milligan take over at SS I think Kiel may be too small to continue playing SS what he's like 5'11" 207.

1960BoltFan
09-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Before he got hurt in training camp last year Milligan was the talk of the camp. He has a ton of talent. Playing part time behind Wilson will be good for him, bring him along slow. I hope he turns into an all pro someday. I think he has the ability.

leodabolt
09-10-2004, 07:46 AM
With draft picks and young talent all you pay for is potential. I too, hope Mill is another Harrison...all Bolt fans do, but it is at least a year early to anoint him. Very few hit like the hit-man. In my early season ticket holdings in View section( nose bleed) , I could hear the Rodney hits like I had an amp plugged in. Like when he almost, perfectly legally mind you, hit Jerry Rice and nearly took his head off. You could hear that one from Oakland to San Diego...$129,000 later Rodney didn't quite hit the same...my opinion only here.

SouthPaw
09-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Rodney looked like his old self last night. He had at least 2 penalties & one was after a play was over. He was my favorite Charger & I was sad to have to retire his jersey. I would love for Milligan to develop into a starter & then move Kiel over to FS.

Boltdiehard
09-10-2004, 08:56 AM
How do these types of comparisons get started? ***?

BDH

SDwiretap
09-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Milligan will have a tough time taking Kiels job. Though he could take Wilsons.
I agree that the next "HITMAN" is on this team. Though like Harrison they will wait, and wait and wait to give him his shot on defense. His name is Carlos Polk! They need to sit square wheels Zeke Moreno and give Carlos the special teams animal a shot.
Carlos Polk is much faster than Zeke and plays with much more passion for the game. In a 3-4 scheme his speed would compliment Donnie, Foley, and Leber nicely.

PLAY CARLOS POLK!!!Text

geekster
09-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Every football team needs an "intimidator" like Rodney. Personally, I look for Steve Foley to take over that roll for the Chargers this year from the linebacker position. (Hope he can do so without all the 15 yard penalties the "hitman" gave us along with some great hits for so many years).

IgorUnchained
09-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Even if he isnt the second coming of Rodney, I do hope he continues to make the big hits. It's no big secret that the Chargers could use a little fire in their defense and while I doubt Milligan will emerge as the vocal leader of the group, I think that some good hard hits could keep the D pumped up, keep the crowd into the game, and keep the opponents WRs from being too bold.
Now that we have that covered.... When do we get the next Junior? or the old Junior again? sorry I was dreaming again...

Shamrock
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: SouthPaw
I would love for Milligan to develop into a starter & then move Kiel over to FS.
That's what I've been saying since last preseason. I feel that Milligan is more natural at SS, and Kiel will be a better FS.

That's the opinion of this old high school FS ......

WHITELIGHTNING
09-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Great D's have more than one imtimidator, The D backfield is where i like to see them though. Nothing like watching a hot shot WR being crumpled like a piece of paper, they grow alligatetor arms after a few of those.

compubolt
09-10-2004, 03:41 PM
I am wondering if we may see a strong nickle package that uses Kiel to line up with a WR and Milligan sets up in SS with Wilson as FS and jammer/Davis on the sides. I would like to see Kiel move the FS and have Milligan put some more weight on and play SS, Wilson has never impressed me. This may be the plan this year with Milligan backing both men up, they really want to get him on the field.

HBBoltFan
09-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by: SDwiretap
Milligan will have a tough time taking Kiels job. Though he could take Wilsons.

I agree that the next "HITMAN" is on this team. Though like Harrison they will wait, and wait and wait to give him his shot on defense. His name is Carlos Polk! They need to sit square wheels Zeke Moreno and give Carlos the special teams animal a shot.

Carlos Polk is much faster than Zeke and plays with much more passion for the game. In a 3-4 scheme his speed would compliment Donnie, Foley, and Leber nicely.

PLAY CARLOS POLK!!!Text

I would play Cooper over Polk any day. Anyway, Polk is backing up Foley who looks to be ready to do a great job out there.

SoCal4
09-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Lets just hope he wraps up and tackles... I loved Rodney too but he sometimes tried for the KO and receivers bounced off of him and ran for another 10 yards.... I do love how many balls Tim Brown dropped just hearing Rodneys footsteps though