PDA

View Full Version : Need info on internet broadcasts of SD games

NCStateguy
09-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone know of a radio station that has an internet broadcasts so we can hear the game on radio on the East Coast?

(You know, we don't have television yet, and Andy and Barn' really want to hear the games while rocking on the front porch after church. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )

kiwibolt
09-10-2004, 12:40 PM
NCState,
go to www.760kfmb.com
in the upper left hand corner there is a listenlive box....you can get the game there. I live in New Zealand and have to rely on it for coverage. there is dead air during commercials, so if you hear silence don't worry. the play-by-play guy is new this year and I think sucks, so hang in there. Good luck....I reckon your hoping to hear Rivers playing?

geekster
09-10-2004, 12:43 PM
If it hadn't been for Hank Bower I wouldn't have listened to 760 this pre-season... (In past years I carried a walkman to the stadium but won't this year).

foty89
09-10-2004, 02:17 PM
You know, you have to wonder how long we will actually be able to listen to the games for free. You use to be able to listen to the Padres games too, but no more. Now you have to pay if you want to listen to them. Already on NFL.com they try to get you to pay to listen to them. There must be some loop hole that you can still listen to them for free, for now.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

joelbolt
09-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I hate to say it but the loop hole ended with the last preseason game. I was told that the NFL didn’t realize 760 was doing the internet broadcast so it will probably not air over the internet this weekend.

If you want try NFL Field Pass (http://sports.guide.real.com/partners/nfl?brand=sd&pcode=nfl&rsrc=nfl&rnd=1094847468094&has-player=true&flash-version=6.0.12.872&src=090904partners_nfl_fieldpass2)

Shamrock
09-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by: NCStateguy
Anyone know of a radio station that has an internet broadcasts so we can hear the game on radio on the East Coast?

(You know, we don't have television yet, and Andy and Barn' really want to hear the games while rocking on the front porch after church. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )
I hate to say it, but everything requires you purchase a package nowadays.

Sirius radio is the official NFL radio broadcasters for all out of market games.

Direct TV is the official NFL TV broadcaster for out of market games with purchase of the "NFL Sunday Ticket."

Best bet is to find a friend with Direct TV (or get the system yourself), and y'all buy into the package. Then you can watch the game.

IgorUnchained
09-10-2004, 02:49 PM
That is horrible news... as a Bolts fan in Montana that was my only way of enjoying the games. I dont have a credit card so I am out of luck on the NFL Field Pass. In a day and age when we pay for water, dirt, and oxygen-- now we have to pay ten dollars a month to listen to a football game on the radio? AWESOME! They should hold out for a few months and see if they can get $11.50! Go Bolts!

WHITELIGHTNING
09-10-2004, 03:00 PM
The anouncers on KFMB suck anyways, get Direct TV and watch the games thats what i do.

kiwibolt
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Fantastic news.....what will they think of next? Don't they make enough $ from the ads and everything else? They're gonna start charging us per breath next. Guess I'm out of luck.

HOSSman
09-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
The anouncers on KFMB suck anyways, get Direct TV and watch the games thats what i do.

Tough to disagree with your assessment. Hank is a homer and I can tolerate most of his gameday spiel, but Dan Rowe is a jabbering nonsensical fool. I have heard him call so many plays and players incorrectly that it is nothing short of poor judgement not to terminate his services.

It is not like he has never called a Charger game, yet he blows more player identifications than anyone ramdomly selected off the street and shoved into the radio box. I watch the game live and listen to the broadcast, and those unfortunate fans that sit in my section can attest that I yell at that putz everytime he blows a call. (read every 10-15 minutes)

foty89
09-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Well, like I said, I knew it would not last. I guess the NFL has to get more money to pay for MORONIC kickoff specials and IDIOTIC Super Bowl halftime shows.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

geekster
09-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Sports radio talk shows and game broadcasts were once very good and very entertaining in San Diego - but with Hacksaw whining like a Manning - on-going poor play-by-play by the new "wannabe" - it just isn't THERE for me any more. Even Jim Rome's "routine" has gotten very, very old. I can't hear 1090 very well at all in East County without an external antenna due to their poor signal strength - so I've just about given up listening to all of them.

foty89
09-10-2004, 07:55 PM
You know, I really wouldn’t mind paying to listen to the games if it were reasonably priced. However, you have to buy the whole package, not just the teams you would actually listen too. I pay $10 or $15 for the season to listen to the Chargers, but I am not going to pay $34.95 for it. The NFL needs to get their heads out of their poop shoot.

Go Bolts!

Riversrat
09-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I tried to get NFL Field Pass and couldn't get it to work. It required that I down load Real Player 10, which hosed my system.

Until I actually get Direct TV, I "watch", using the term loosely, on NFL.com -> Scores. It's a play by play but it's written text. But it was better than nothing. I'm sure there is a delay in the posting but they do pretty good.

Riversrat
09-10-2004, 08:18 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: foty89
Well, like I said, I knew it would not last. I guess the NFL has to get more money to pay for MORONIC kickoff specials and IDIOTIC Super Bowl halftime shows.

Yeah, I'd rather go back to marching bands! Or better yet, a longer recap of the first half.

Thunderhead
09-10-2004, 08:40 PM
WHAT! NO KFMB.COM ? They delete most of the advertising. And you know it's buffered anyway.
Like 30 to 60 second delay. Realized that when I turned down the TV and turned up the computer
speakers.

I thought news, even delayed was free.

What killjoys. Somone should tell Arnold.