PDA

View Full Version : Team selects captains

joelbolt
09-10-2004, 05:00 PM
The following players were voted by their teammates captains for the season: LaDainian Tomlinson, offensive captain, Donnie Edwards and Jamal Williams, defensive captains and Carlos Polk, special teams captain.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Those picks for captain sound good to me.

SDRaiderH8er
09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Somebody else mentioned it, When is David Binn the long Snapper going to be able and go out for the Coin Toss?

Critter
09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
HAHAHA.

Carlos Polk.

Shammy is going to love that one.

Man I wish I could see the look on his face when he reads this.

Priceless.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SuperMatt
09-10-2004, 05:43 PM
After 20 years of longsnapping? This guy has been a Charger forever and he's always done a great job. I can't remember a bad long snap in a long time. He gets my vote!

compubolt
09-10-2004, 05:44 PM
This was expected, LT, edwards and williams deserve it, as for polk, I guess it is just a carry over from last year since no one has had a chance to out play him on ST.

WVBOLTFAN
09-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by: SuperMatt
After 20 years of longsnapping? This guy has been a Charger forever and he's always done a great job. I can't remember a bad long snap in a long time. He gets my vote!Oh no,I hope you didn't just throw him the jinx! LOL

WVBOLTFAN
09-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by: compubolt
This was expected, LT, edwards and williams deserve it, as for polk, I guess it is just a carry over from last year since no one has had a chance to out play him on ST.He is actually a good special teams player,but LB that's another story.

daygoCHARGERS54
09-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Those sound pretty good to me! I think Donnie Edwards should have that role himself though, no disrespect intended for Jamal Williams though.

rrogers
09-10-2004, 10:38 PM
POLK ARE YOU KIDDING. Am I missing something!

geekster
09-10-2004, 10:49 PM
The team's selections make perfectly good sense.

chargerfanjim619
09-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Polk better not be flag machine he was last year...other than that, good captain selections as expected.

shocku
09-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er
Somebody else mentioned it, When is David Binn the long Snapper going to be able and go out for the Coin Toss?

definantly a player underneath the radar that should be out there!.He's earned his way threw the trenches year after year.

Shamrock
09-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by: Critter
HAHAHA.

Carlos Polk.

A Kodak moment .......

If Marty can talk about his QB must not make mistakes that cost the team, why does he keep some guys on the roster at other positions who continually make mental and physical errors that cost the team? Carlos Polk is the prime example.

SDRaiderH8er
09-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by: rrogers
POLK ARE YOU KIDDING. Am I missing something!Just the snap count, and a couple of Tackles. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Critter
09-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by: Shamrock

HAHAHA.

Carlos Polk.

A Kodak moment .......

If Marty can talk about his QB must not make mistakes that cost the team, why does he keep some guys on the roster at other positions who continually make mental and physical errors that cost the team? Carlos Polk is the prime example.

I'm laughing with you Sham, not at you.

I know how you feel about the guy.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Shamrock
09-11-2004, 10:41 AM
I know.

I just can't believe some guys believe the hype about Polk, instead of looking at the tape.

SDRaiderH8er
09-11-2004, 10:43 AM

I know.

I just can't believe some guys believe the hype about Polk, instead of looking at the tape.
But if you notice on the Tape, he just got a Haircut, and he does look good.

MoveitMister
09-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Good choices.
Polk needs to set an example this year by not drawing those penalties.

MoveitMister
09-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by: SuperMatt
After 20 years of longsnapping? This guy has been a Charger forever and he's always done a great job. I can't remember a bad long snap in a long time. He gets my vote!
Did anyone get to see the Chargers Power Report this week.
I hope we can get a weekly transcript for the forum.

Anyway, David Binn was on it.
They questioned his relationship with Pamela Anderson.
He said they were just friends, they showed a pic of them together. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

conair103
09-11-2004, 11:36 AM
i dont think polk is that bad....didnt he lead the team in pecial teams tackles??
i vote NATE KAEDING!!!!!

SuperCharger
09-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Nice choice IMO.

Donnie and LT- Never say die.

Polk- He has good intentions. He means well. I coould forgive him for that early pounce he took on the QB during the preseason. Hopefully, he could contain that "marcellus wiley-coyote-dog" in him this season and just make team contributions. He keeps the LB corp crew tight from what I noticed at camp. i/expressions/devil.gif

Jamal.. way to represent. Kill 'em all my man! i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Y'all ready for some football?! :stoked;

NWBoltFan
09-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Alright Shammy, not only did he make the team, but won the captain's spot. I suppose his fellow players are "believing" the hype. When's dinner?

Shamrock
09-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: NWBoltFan
When's dinner?
I'll buy whenever we meet.

Polk sucks ........

i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Chargeroo
09-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Alright Shammy, not only did he make the team, but won the captain's spot. I suppose his fellow players are "believing" the hype. When's dinner?

I think you and I will just get together for dinner and send the bill to Shammy! I think that sound fair, don't you? We won't ask him to pay for the drink that we use to toast our ST Captain.

SDRaiderH8er
09-11-2004, 03:08 PM

When's dinner?

I'll buy whenever we meet.

i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif Chicken? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shamrock
09-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er
Chicken? No, but my routes aren't taking me to Oregon these days.

How 'bout I shoot Guffy Crow and FedEx him to y'all .....

Polk sucks .....

*edit*

Congrats to SDRaiderH8er for being the second "Veteran" (Evil Moderators don't count ....)

NWBoltFan
09-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Maybe Roo had the best idea... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Above my hope for dinner, is a hope that Polk convinces he's worthy of being on the field...

IgorUnchained
09-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Having Jamal on the list is a good idea. The other choices were obvious but I think Marty used his head when choosing Jamal. Give him a chance to become a leader on that defensive line. Nose Tackle is the leader of the 3/4 defense and I think Jamal can rise to the occasion.

KingKevo
09-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Id switch Jamal with Binn. Simply because I dont see Jamal as a leader and I feel Binn is very important to the team, and a constant contributor who works his butt off.

mocoloco
09-12-2004, 12:18 AM
L.T Offensive (TEAM) Cap....Yea
Donnie Edwards....Yea
Jamal....Must Be, Will Be...Defensive MPV
Polk...Yea