PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the FL State/Miami Game?

Riversrat
09-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Slow game - incredible ending.

compubolt
09-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Just started to watch it for my dinner break, did I miss anything good?

Riversrat
09-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by: compubolt

Just the whole game!

It's in OT

Score was 10-3 FSU-Miami for most of the game. Miami tied it up with 30 seconds left.

compubolt
09-10-2004, 09:45 PM
I just wanted to know if I missed anything good i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

compubolt
09-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh well, it is over now. Rix messed it all up with that fumble

Riversrat
09-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Now it's my turn to ask...what did I miss. I walked out of the room for a minute.

compubolt
09-10-2004, 09:50 PM
On 4th and 4, Rix fumbles the snap, they were in range for a FG attempt but he lst the ball to Miami, then miami drives to the 30, Gore runs in for the TD

Riversrat
09-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Hate I missed it. Guess I'll catch it on the news.

rrogers
09-10-2004, 09:55 PM
What a meltdown by florida state. hahhaha

ftwbolt
09-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Not really, some watched it because of the offensive tackles on both teams .Winston(Miami) and Barron (Fla st). Mostly all defense, and mistakes on offense.
Originally posted by: compubolt

Shamrock
09-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by: ftwbolt
Not really, some watched it because of the offensive tackles on both teams .Winston(Miami) and Barron (Fla st). Mostly all defense, and mistakes on offense.

I watched the second half.

I wasn't impressed with either Winston or Barron. Neither was a force in run blocking. Both had trouble recognizing their responsibility in blitz pick ups. I was more impressed with Winston's footwork in pass blocking than with Barron. Last year, I wasn't overly impressed with USC's LT, Jacob Rogers, and I feel he is better than either the Miami or FSU left tackle.

Both teams will lose some games this year. Rix and Berlin make some real poor decisions with the ball, and it's going to cost them. Neither appears to have the usual assortment of great WR's at this point. They have some decent ones, but none that really stand out.

Both teams best players are DB's. Rolle and ??? (damn, I forget that CB name from FSU)......

CoronaDoug
09-11-2004, 06:31 AM
My Canes pulled that one out. Not real impressed by the running game. They miss McGahee

WVBOLTFAN
09-11-2004, 06:50 AM
I have seen a lot of great Miami defensive teams in the past,but this years defense looks like it is the best I've seen in quite some time.Florida St. would not have scored at all if it wassn't for the turnovers.
If the Miami offense can get better I don't see them losing at all this season,but that is a big statement seeing how bad their offense did play last night,but of course it was a very good Fla. St. defense they were playing though too.
We might want to use 1 of our draft picks the draft on Miami CB Rolle(sp?),that guy is a bigtime player and we need help in the secondary!!

CoronaDoug
09-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by: WVBOLTFAN
I have seen a lot of great Miami defensive teams in the past,but this years defense looks like it is the best I've seen in quite some time.Florida St. would not have scored at all if it wassn't for the turnovers.

If the Miami offense can get better I don't see them losing at all this season,but that is a big statement seeing how bad their offense did play last night,but of course it was a very good Fla. St. defense they were playing though too.

We might want to use 1 of our draft picks the draft on Miami CB Rolle(sp?),that guy is a bigtime player and we need help in the secondary!!

I hope we don't need to use a CB as a pick. I would like to see us get Roscoe Parrish but I am partial to the Canes.i/expressions/beer.gif

WVBOLTFAN
09-11-2004, 06:59 AM
Parrish seems to make too many mistakes IMO.I think Rolle would be a great pick!!I don't have too much faith in our CB Davis so if he doesn't prove he is the right guy for the job this season we need to think about looking to someone else.

CoronaDoug
09-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Roscoe did have a bad game but he is fasti/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif. If he comes out after this year he will be a third rounder. He would do good to stay for his senior year.i/expressions/beer.gif