PDA

View Full Version : NFL networks pick for the game

shocku
09-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Well, I just watched NFL networks playbook preview and when it came to our game they were just talking about the Texans and how they improved and when it was our turn they just laughed.I just think it's so funny how everyone says we are the bottom dwellers of the league.F*#K!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to go count to ten before I go kick my dog!!

Boltdiehard
09-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Don't kick your dog.

BDH

SanLuisFan
09-10-2004, 10:05 PM
No respect. That's probably because the Chargers haven't earned it. They'll earn it, starting Sunday.

compubolt
09-10-2004, 10:07 PM
It will take a few good seasons to help erase the charger hating that goes down in the media. Most of these guys don't even do thier homework, they don't even care what each team has done, they just go with the popular team to win. Right now the chargers are not popular in the media

geekster
09-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Gee - then I guess since THEY have already decided the outcome then our boys don't have to take that flight tomorrow after all? BWAA HA HAAAA!

As I type this it is 36 hours and 26 minutes to game time - but who is counting!!!

GO CHARGERS!

IronMountain1960
09-10-2004, 11:32 PM
The media is so wrong on the Chargers, they don't have a clue, they base everything on last year, and they don't have a clue on the personel changes, coaching and scheme changes. The Chargers had the same record as the Texans last year, had a great draft, got rid of a clueless DC, and will be the better team on Sunday. I partially blame the UT and their reporters who are too negative on the articles they write, and these are what the idiots in the media get there misinformation on. According to Canepa, we have no D line, no O line, and no DB's, the guy is an idiot, but because he is the home teams newpaper idiot, the rest of the dumb media types read a few of his articles and think the Charger stink.

I can't wait for the game, I am sure the Charger will give a great effort, and if the breaks are even, this will be the first of many winsi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Critter
09-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Every single person over at Bristol University (ESPN) picked the Texans.

Not one of those hosers took the Chargers.

Oh well. We going to have to start winning before we get any respect. Should it really be anything less?

shocku
09-11-2004, 12:17 AM
I would never kick my dog BD.I just hate it when we get a bad review, so it's safe to say "I'm mad alot".plus I think all three of them would gang up on me and tear me apart....lol

WHITELIGHTNING
09-11-2004, 04:54 AM
Until, Sir Don Coryell took over in the Bolts it was the same thing, except the local sports writers were a little better to the Bolts back then. When Don brought the Bolts to new heights, the National media couldn't get enough. The debates were on, this was great for the team and the city. AAAAHHHHH what great memories those Bolts teams gave us all. So for all these sports media outlets to pick the bolts last, how can you blame them. Remember it's been since 95 that they have won anything, it takes winnig to erase the past and it starts this Sunday, 09/12 in Texas.

akiva96
09-11-2004, 05:52 AM
I think that it's even better when no one gives us a chance and then we prove them to be idiots. Hopefully we don't prove them right! Seriously, though I think the Charges defensively will be much improved over last year and Brees looks to be making better decisions so far. Can't wait for tomorrow to see axactly how much we've improved...

WVBOLTFAN
09-11-2004, 07:04 AM
So what if none of them picked us?Screw them all!! We are going to win on Sunday! BOTTOM LINE!!

1960BoltFan
09-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
Remember it's been since 95 that they have won anything, it takes winnig to erase the past and it starts this Sunday, 09/12 in Texas.

I have a pet peave. Everybody says we haven't had a winning season since '95. I think that is media term that is wrong. We had two 8-8 seasons. We won 8 games both seasons. We won 1/2 of our games. I know we lost 1/2 too, but they were not losing seasons. 500 is ok.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Chargeroo
09-11-2004, 10:24 PM
People all talk about the 4 win season of a year ago but they don't talk about the good draft picks we got because of that dismal season. They seem to have forgotten that the year before that this team was 8-8. If not for a bad call in KC, we could have been 9 -7 and in the playoffs just two years ago. If the changes to the defense allow us to pester the QB and if the new o-line plays well, we'll be a much better team than we were a year ago.

The Texans won there opening game in their first two seasons based mostly on being sky high as an underdog, well this time they aren't the underdog. This time the Chargers have that underdog role. We do have an awful lot of youth and that will probably be our biggest problem this season. Still, I think this is a game they can win. We'll now soon enough!

KingKevo
09-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Tom Jackson said that the Chargers are the most underrated team in the NFL.

scottbbo1
09-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by: shocku
Now I have to go count to ten before I go kick my dog!!

I used to count to ten before kicking my dog...now they run away whenever I start counting.