PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Expected to Miss Chargers Opener

CoronaDoug
09-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Dwight missed seven games last season, six due to a partially collapsed lung and one with a knee injury. He also missed six games in 2001 with a collapsed lung.

This guy needed to be cut.i/expressions/beer.gif

RideTheLightning
09-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Maaaannn, Timmy must have some kind of photos with Marty or AJ in very compromising situations.

This reminds me already of the Stephanie issue last season. We were all screaming from them to cut him before the season started, but NOOOOOO, they carried his crippled butt all season.

I love Tim Dwight, but the sad truth is that he just can't stay healthy.

SDRaiderH8er
09-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by: RideTheLightning

This reminds me already of the Stephanie issue last season. We were all screaming from them to cut him before the season started, but NOOOOOO, they carried his crippled butt all season.

I hate to say it, but I am with you 1000% percent on this one. His heart is Huge, and I love his enthusiasim, but the Body is just not willing.

GoldPlatedNails
09-11-2004, 09:58 AM
I am shocked Dwight is going to miss a game due to injury.

Threadkiller
09-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Marty should release him now, and give Tim the opportunity to go to another team's disabled list.

HOSSman
09-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by: Threadkiller
Marty should release him now, and give Tim the opportunity to go to another team's disabled list.

When you think about it. Making another team's disabled list is vastly overrated.

RideTheLightning
09-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by: Threadkiller

HAhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaa!!!!!!!!

NWBoltFan
09-11-2004, 05:58 PM
One of the best things that could have happened. Never have understood the bashing Richochet gets when Timmy drops just as many...

Electron
09-11-2004, 06:08 PM
I have to agree with you guys on the next Alexander thing. Tim is a true player but he is starting to become a perminent fixture on the injury list. My thoughts are that Tim will be released and Floyd will be moved to the active list. Floyd was having a great TC before he was injured. And the Chargers spared him from the IR list. He should be well enough to start practicing again with the team. Too bad though because Tim was fun to watch when he is healthy, which is becoming less and less as time goes by.

Tomlinson21
09-11-2004, 06:24 PM
exactly...how many times have I seen it happen where the ball would just bounce right off their jerseys??? Dwight and Caldwell have to step it up this year or we're definitely going to get a #1 WR in next years draft..no doubt about it.

Boltdiehard
09-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by: Tomlinson21
exactly...how many times have I seen it happen where the ball would just bounce right off their jerseys??? Dwight and Caldwell have to step it up this year or we're definitely going to get a #1 WR in next years draft..no doubt about it.

I don't want a WR in next years draft; I want PROVEN TALENT at that position via free agency. Easier said than done but I don't feel like waiting for some rookie to develop.

BDH

Tomlinson21
09-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by: Boltdiehard

Originally posted by: Tomlinson21

I don't want a WR in next years draft; I want PROVEN TALENT at that position via free agency. Easier said than done but I don't feel like waiting for some rookie to develop.

BDH

I guess youre right on that Corona....but we did have one with David boston last year. Pick your poison really. But as long as he's not a nutcase like Boston..I'm good. But there's always that risk when you go free agency as opposed to draft prospects.

Boltdiehard
09-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah but we knew going in that Buston had "issues" and sure enough that's what we got.

I remember Tim Dwight; he had a big catch for us a couple years ago in Oakland in overtime. I wonder what happened to that guy?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

BDH

geekster
09-11-2004, 07:46 PM
I still think Curtis Conway was the best WR free agent signing the chargers ever did. Somebody tell me again why he had to go? Oh - "salary cap" - right....

Tomlinson21
09-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Tim Who???
But I'm telling you...you get a big time Free Agent WR...your bound to get EGO's in the way. Examples: TO, Johnson (Dallas), Boston, Moss, etc.

I think we had the right idea trying to get in Dyson...but if we could get a McCareins, Morton, Peerless Price, Eric Molds, Driver....great players on the field who puts team first -- then I'd agree with you.

DwightGurlee
09-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Peerless Price... too late on that one... The Falcons already have him... hahaha but seriously... Tim does stay injured a lot.... he just needs to stay healthy or he will be cut.

Critter
09-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I like the guy but the bottom line is he really has not contributed in quite a while.

If we weren't so thin at WR he would have been cut already.

mocoloco
09-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Tim Dwight is the type of player who will run full throttle into a brick wall...trouble is he's done it too often. He should invest his money into a good investment opportunity/education and the Bolts should just move on. If they hold onto this busted up relic of what was a good player, it's an indication of the Bolt's leadership flaws and why they are in the situation they are. Come on now....do the right thing!

RaiderHaterNyourMouth
09-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Lets face it, Tim Dwight is only hurt all the time because he's a gamer... This guy runs hard everytime, dont you ever see this guy return a kick off only to run head on with the tackle? It's like two trains slaming together... think about it... tim is die hard...

shocku
09-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Garanteed! mark my words! If tim isn't returning punts next year "he's gone" cause he will not be in the recievre rotation next season.With the riseing of osgood and Parker there going to get one phenom "like williams" with there first pick next draft.Will not be any room for him next season,plus it's costing them too much $$$ to see him do nothing like raymer,Wiley & Alexander.

Tim........it's been real, it's been nice......but it hasn't been realnice....bye!

punkitty
08-13-2005, 04:02 PM
So, youre saying I should hold off on buying my Dwight jersey?