PDA

View Full Version : Why did Mattos get cut?

RaiderHaterNyourMouth
09-12-2004, 01:41 AM
Why did Mattos get cut?

MoveitMister
09-12-2004, 01:55 AM
That's a question a good deal of Mattos fans would love an answer to.

CoronaDoug
09-12-2004, 01:57 AM
To make room for Dwight on the injured list.i/expressions/beer.gif

RaiderHaterNyourMouth
09-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Didnt Mattos show real promise last year?

Rip
09-12-2004, 02:04 AM
im guessing its because he is slow and marty thinks he wont be able to get seperation when not playing againt 4th stringers

WrayLaw
09-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by: Rip
im guessing its because he is slow and marty thinks he wont be able to get seperation when not playing againt 4th stringers

Ding!

That is correct, Sir!

Is medical science sophisticated enough to transplant Mattos' hands on to Reche's arms? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SDRaiderH8er
09-12-2004, 09:23 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of........

Does not possess the skills required to Play in the NFL on a Weekly Basis.

xnet
09-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er

I was thinking more along the lines of........

Does not possess the skills required to Play in the NFL on a Weekly Basis.

Bah-!

The guy has better hands than every other guy on the team. He'd make a great possession guy. He is a little slower, but all he needs is 11 yard quickness, which I think he has. I don't remember Chandler being all that fast.

SDRaiderH8er
09-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO

Bah-!

The guy has better hands than every other guy on the team. He'd make a great possession guy. He is a little slower, but all he needs is 11 yard quickness, which I think he has. I don't remember Chandler being all that fast.But Chandler knew how to get Open, he knew how to get that seperation, because if you dont have speed, what good does it do to have great hands, if you cant get open

MoveitMister
09-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Charlie Joiner wasn't the fastest guy on the field, but if the ball came his way he'd grab it in traffic.

I'll take the guy who'll grab it in traffic, given the new enforcement of the old rules this year, instead of the guy who can get loads of separation, but can't seem to keep his confidence up to catch the balls out in the open.

generalsdaughter
09-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Has he gotten picked up by anyone?

IronMountain1960
09-14-2004, 02:24 PM
Mattos and Gilliam were two of the wr's who would get open and always catch the ball, unfortunatly they didn't make Lofton's criteria for an NFL receiver, which are great speed and great speed.i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

SuperMatt
09-14-2004, 06:05 PM
I loved watching both those WRs in the preseason, but don't you think if they were really that good that somebody would have them at least on their roster? I'd like to see Mattos get a shot, but not more than I like having Parker, Osgood, Caldwell and yes, even Dwight.

Boltjolt
09-14-2004, 08:08 PM

Probably the closest to the truth.

Comparing Charlie Joiner to Grant Mattos is pretty darn funny. Joiner still was faster than Mattos and Joiner ran good routes. Something Mattos not only does not do, but he runs then rounded and slow.
When i went to training camp, he didnt impress me a bit. The DB's were always right on him.

You guys need to remember that Mattos NEVER played against first stringers in preseason in 2003 . Not even 2nd stringers for that matter. He looked OK against scrubs for which he is himself .

Boltjolt
09-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: IronMountain
Mattos and Gilliam were two of the wr's who would get open and always catch the ball, unfortunatly they didn't make Lofton's criteria for an NFL receiver, which are great speed and great speed.i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Considering that Micah Ross who runs a 4.6 forty beat them out....id say they suck. Correction...Gilliam didnt even get an invite.