PDA

View Full Version : Jammar and Davis

urlacher54
09-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Quentin Jammar and Sammy Dizzle where both 1st rounders in the past 4 years. I really hope they do well this season, they sure have the potential to do so. Jammar made a bet with Donnie Edwards that he would get more ints. LOL, we'll see what happens, I think Jammar will make Pro bowl, what do you guys think of these 2? Should we keep them for a long time?

Bolts4Life21
09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
I forget who, but someone here brought up a point of Jammer possibly not doing as well in a 3-4 because he might not be as physical. I think he'll do fine with adjusting to it, and I think if he gets more physical he'll be a top dominate CB. Davis still has to prove himself a bit more, however, he is showing good improvement. The Texans wouldn't throw his way today for starters. Don't know if that means anything, but he has proven he can make plays, so I don't know if he really has to prove himself I guess, he just has to progress and just keep getting better. They'll continue to develop and become a solid DB corps with Kiel improving as well. Go Bolts!

mgpretzel
09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
They could be one of the best CB pair in the NFL if not this year than definitly next in fact are entire secondary next year will be relly good i think. they are young and still learning. it is scary to think what they will be like once they all hit their prime.

Doc!
09-12-2004, 10:36 PM
B4L,

I was refering to Wade not putting Jammer on the line so that he could physically abuse the receivers. He is a bump and run corner being forced to cover 10 yards off the ball. A misuse IMHO.

urlacher54
09-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Maybe move Jammar is FS? in 3-4 defense? He can put big hits lol

Doc!
09-12-2004, 10:48 PM
no I dont think we should move JammEr to FS. He just needs to be in bump and run coverage more.

Rip
09-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by: creepydarkwing
no I dont think we should move JammEr to FS. He just needs to be in bump and run coverage more.

Exactly!!!

chargerfanjim619
09-13-2004, 09:54 PM
"Big Hits"? You see him try and lower his shoulder on Andre Johnson...he bounced off. Dunno if it's the scheme or him, but the secondary...with the exception of the new super Jerry Wilson...and Keil who always seems to be around the ball....really..really..scares me. Jammer does not Jam and I don't see the weight Davis put on. Drayton always bites on the first move. Dunno, gonna give 'em till week 8 before I start to panick. Who knows? By then something else could begin to worry me.

tupacalot
09-13-2004, 11:27 PM
It's all about the pass-rush. The Chargers didn't have one the last two years. Yesterday, the pass rush was not to be found in the first half, hence the major yardage. However, in the 2nd half, there was more pressure and less yardage allowed by the secondary. Coincidence? I think not.

kiwibolt
09-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Any secondary in the league looks scary if exposed... If the front 7 get decent pressure on the opposing QB, Jammer and Davis have the speed to cover any pattern that can be run during a 3 and 5 step drop. If Pennington has time to sit in the pocket this weekend....well then forget it, because very few CB's can stay with a receiver for more than 3 seconds or a double move.

Basically, I think there are only about 2 or 3 absolute shut down corners in the league. It's nice to have one of them, but if we get sufficient pressure, I think Jammer and Davis have all the tools necessary to be very good CB's.

goSDgo
09-14-2004, 01:58 AM
I hope they do pan out, and make me eat my words. I just think that maybe we have put to much hope into these guys, and perhaps expect a little much. All the secondary needs to get back to fundamentals when it comes to tackeling. I love Huge hits, but wrap you stinking arms around the guy as you do it. I also saw alot of ankles being broken. I was always taught to break down, watch the belt, head up and hit and drive. These kids now days just want to throw their body, or an arm and hope you fall down. But like I said I want to eat my words so SAMMY, QUEINTIN lets D-up baby.
GO BOLTS!!!

shocku
09-14-2004, 02:11 AM
They'll be fine but sammy does need to put more weight on.If he ever has to go against a big reciever he's in trouble.

Electron
09-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Quentin and Sammy should do well. They both have the physical attributes and as time goes on Sammy will pick up some size. CB is a tough position and it is easy to see the mistakes because they are so isolated. Quentin should settle in this year and be solid. Sammy is further away but will make some good strides this year. IMO it takes time for CBs to develop into solid players if they develop at all. We need to be patient.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Jammer bites on the fake deep route, the WR breaks off the route and automatically has a 3-5 yard coushion, the only good thing is Jammer keeps his man in front of him. Jammer is getting better at looking back at the play but he's a little late on it. I havent seen Davis isoed to much just yet, so i cant say to much anout him.

snajones
09-14-2004, 05:49 AM
Jammer didn't look to good vs the Texans.

IMO he is the most over rated CB - aside from Deion - in the league. Everytime Jammer's guy got a catch - no defenders were even on the screen - that is how wide open they were....

I agree - a guy with a name like Jammer - needs to be in bump and run coverage - not a 5 yard cushion every play.

Sammy has impressed me tho. He seems a solid cover guy and he will come up and make tackles. (Jammer is a good tackler as well)

Right now Jammer has not earned his money in my book and seems - from Sunday's game - to be the weakest link in the secondary.

smindrick
09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
bOTH PLAY WAY TOO FAR BACK! GOT KILLEDTHAT WAY ALL LAST YEAR AND LOOKED IDENTICLE FOR FIRST HALF VS. TEXANS!

AlBundy
09-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Jammer has always been touted as being physical, yet I don't see the Chargers using him that way. He should be on the line disrupting rythym because he doesn't seem to have confidence in his ability to keep up with good receivers. Sammy seems to be the opposite. I didn't see it on Sunday, but last year he played a little like Deon Sanders although inexperienced. He would let people get a step or two on him and then close the gap when the ball was in the air. He may not have the weight, but he definately has speed. I will say I was a little dissappointed in our tackling. I saw Jammer go for a big hit on the sideline and just used his shoulder - didn't even attempt to wrap the guy up. Good thing we are swarming to the ball because at this point, it looks like it will take 2-3 of our guys to wrap somebody up.

AlB