PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Offense improving!

urlacher54
09-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Did anyone notice that drew brees is actually spreading the ball out more? I think cause hes actually got more time to throw the ball. He actually showed me he can throw a lot further than i thought today. Hmmm im a big Rivers fan but, it looked like Brees is the guy for the job FOR NOW. But I was very suprised he threw it deep a couple times and hit parker and caldwell. Nice job brees, Im gaining a little bit more of faith in you. Anyone else NOTICE?

mgpretzel
09-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Yea he wasn't just givin it to LT (like last year he only threw to LT) Antonio gates is his new favorite target and at the end of the game he found parker and caldwell i too am ganing faith in bress I still like rivers but think rivers should sit for a while till he gets caught up and as long as drew is protecting the ball and winning games im happy

Doc!
09-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Not too much different from last year. The difference is there were a lot more caught balls today. Immediately Brees looks better when the 3rd down passes are caught and he gets to play some more. Another key is the protection. Brees has more time to make his reads. you can see the confidence rising with every throw. Over on the ESPN board we have argued the pick up of Rivers. I still hold fast to us not needing him and wish we would have grabbed Fitz or Gallery.

Bolts4Life21
09-12-2004, 10:41 PM
I sure did, I just joined here today, but I've been saying it all along. The O-line is alot better than everyone thinks. All the analysts out there say the san diego O-line sucked and this year it may have gotten worse. I say thats b.s. they're a solid line and they're only gonna get better. Not the best, but they'll be consistent and give Brees time this year.

Bolts4Life21
09-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Hell yeah, we should've picked up Gallery. Rivers is awesome and all, but we need more depth on the line. That would've been a great pickup.

Triknique
09-12-2004, 10:46 PM
The confidence that Brees showed today sure is a 180 degree turn from the end of last season. Drew wasn't spectacular, but he did manage the game well. We saw him audible and look off receivers, things he didn't do too much in previous games. Hopefully the progress continues throughout the season.

Critter
09-12-2004, 11:06 PM
I was very impressed with Drew looking off the safeties today.

209 yards with 2 TD's and no turnovers.

I'll take that every week.

cabodog
09-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Drew did a great job today. A couple of wildly over thrown balls gave me concern, but its hard to know if that is him or the receiving routes. That only occured early on. The rest was great. I was really happy for him.

Doc!
09-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Trik,

I was talking about this all off season and during last year. How do you expect Brees to be confidence wise when you have receivers dropping everything thrown to them. Brees was still young last year and wasn't allowed much time in the pocket to make reads and lookoff cb/safeties. then to be pulled with not much better results from wildman. Who is to say Brees wouldn't have won those games instead of flutie?

Eowawa
09-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Key was Drew was given decent protection by our young OL most all game long. He was hit only once from the blindside blitz and yet he still managed to hold on to the ball. Oben, Fonoti, Hardwick, Goff are doing a great job for us. Olivera needs to work on keeping the holding penalties down and we will be cooking just fine. Receivers did a nice job catching the ball for Drew for a change. Let's whip those NY turkeys coming to town next week!!

Doc!
09-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Are you talking about Gates? he had 4 penalties on him. 2 holds and 2 false starts.

Eowawa
09-13-2004, 12:34 AM
No, on several of those Olivera was holding too and ref announced that but gave penalty to the TE. TVannouncers even commented that it was nice of them not to give it to the rook and lay it on the vet instead. Olivera was holding a lot...I saw it!! He needs to keep his hands more inside the shoulders and let go when he can not. He will get better and has a lot of po.

blackjack21
09-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Very pleased with the offense. The penalities were a worry, but you can do that when you have no turnovers. Drew was not pressured, the recievers caught the ball, and LT was . . . LT. Looking off the saftities, yes, that was great, showed a lot of maturity. Gates if just going to be fun to watch.

spysnipedis
09-13-2004, 01:24 AM
texans were really just prepared for LT, thats why the passing game worked well with brees.

goodcopy
09-14-2004, 12:01 AM
give the ball to L.T. more in the air,split him out wide ,in motion or more screens

bigguy
09-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I THINK EDWAWA MUST HAVE BEEN IN NAM WITH KERRY............................

Eowawa
09-15-2004, 11:47 PM
**EDWAWA WHAT DRUG ARE YOU ON......OLIVEA HAD A GREAT GAME NO HOLDING.....WHY DON'T YOU GO AND WATCH THE PADRE'S.............MAYBE THEY ARE HOLDING.........IT'S WOOWOO WAWA THE MORON.......................................RE: Big Guy

I was in Nam..3 tours and why don't you stop shouting. You don't know as much about the game as you proclaim.

Thunderstruck
09-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by: Eowawa
I was in Nam..3 tours and why don't you stop shouting. You don't know as much about the game as you proclaim.

He's what we refer to as a "troll." His sole purpose in existing is to ridicule those he thinks are better than him. Other than Raider fans, there's no lower form of life.

MoveitMister
09-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck

Originally posted by: Eowawa

He's what we refer to as a "troll." His sole purpose in existing is to ridicule those he thinks are better than him. Other than Raider fans, there's no lower form of life.2255pdt-------Runner terminated i/expressions/devil.gif

tdmasterz
09-16-2004, 08:44 AM
If the O line keeps doing as well as it did against the Texans and gives Brees time to throw then he should be as concictent as the rest of the QBs in the league, and that's all Sna Diego needs because then it will help spread out the defense and then LT can run all over the defense of anyone one they play, and we can easily get a winning season and maybe even get into the playoffs by geting a wild card spot.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-16-2004, 09:38 AM
One game and good stats dont make a season, I'll wait until the 4-5 game before i jump on the Brees bandwagon. That is of course if Brees is still here. Dont get me wrong, I like Brees I just dont think he has the "IT" that coaches talk about, I think Brees does what he does because he has some talent and a will to succeed, but lacks the "IT". I wish him well while with the Bolts and hope he proves me wrong, I will admit i was wrong, I aint no talent scout so that will be easy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif