PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Fan In ILLINOIS

forest1081
09-13-2004, 07:12 AM
As a Chargers fan who lives only 90 miles from Chicago, I was very impressed with how the bolts played Sunday and I am excited with how the season is starting out. I hope that they can sustain this for another 15 games.

Forest
Rockford, IL

coryhartford
09-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Well, I'm in Loves Park Il Forest. I thought I was alone! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I moved from So Cal 4 years ago but am still a Bolts fan! I hope that some decisions get made and quickly with this team. After the loss on Sunday I had a very similar feeling to the way I felt last year. When Winter comes I don't think I will be able to deal with alot of losses. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

chitownchargers
09-29-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm from Chicago Heights, about 20 miles south of Chicago, and have been a loyal fan since 1982.
Ahh . . . the good ol' days Fouts to Winslow, Fouts to Joiner, Fouts to Chandler!

Chargeroo
10-06-2004, 10:54 AM
I was born in Aurora, raised in Yorkville. Moved to San Diego in 1959. Moved to Oregon in 1996.

Boltfreek
10-27-2004, 08:52 AM
From Rolling Meadows here and also a loyal fan since the days of Air Coryell!

ChicagoBolt
10-28-2004, 10:36 AM
We sometimes go to Durty Nellies in Palatine.
They show all the games there.

Let me know if you want to hook up.

Rudy

Boltfreek
Anyone who wants to meet at Stadium Club in Rolling Meadows on Algonquin Rd,
let me know at

s121803t@yahoo.com

I could use another Charger Fan when they are televised next!

RAYRAY37
Welcom aboard Chicago. Wear your blue and gold with pride.

chitownchargers
Ooooh! I must be dreaming. If I didnt' have Comcast I'd be all over NFL Ticket. What are the places you go to watch Chargers' games?

ChicagoBolt
Hola all...

I am looking for fellow Charger fans in the Chicago area to watch games with. I have the NFL package with Directv and always have people over to watch the games.

I also know a couple of places that show all the games.

ChicagoBolt

GO CHARGERS!!!

Boltfreek
10-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah, lets hook up when the Bolts are Televised. Does Dirty Nellies have all the games or just the
mail ones? I live right in between there and Stadium.
My e-mail is: s121803t@yahoo.com - If you are going, e-mail me and I would more than happy to
meet up.

freeball131
11-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
I was born in Aurora, raised in Yorkville. Moved to San Diego in 1959. Moved to Oregon in 1996.

I too grew up in aurora been to every game in chicago and now live in ind and got tix to the colts game!

bajabum
11-30-2004, 11:38 PM
hey, I'm in Grayslake...Bolt games at Journeys End in Mundelein and Buffalo Wild Wings in Round Lake.
Been there all season!!
Transplanted Californian.
bajabum.

bajabum
11-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Yes!
bajabum57@comcast.net
calling all charger fans in chicagoland.

bajabum
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Lake County Charger fan... let me know about Stadium Club in Rolling Meadows!!
bajabum57@comcast.net

ryear04
12-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Born and raised in the beautiful city of SAN DIEGO! moved to Rockford, why? Well my wife drragged me out to her home town, I've got the Sunday ticket so I don't miss any games, drop a line your welcome to come over and enjoy the games

Giovanni815
11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
I need this thread started up again! I laughed when I read what some of you guys said in your posts, especially since it was a quote I use often, saying "I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!" LOL but Im glad Im not!!! I'm in the southwest suburbs (Lockport IL) but I'll be watching them BEAT DENVER IN SAN DIEGO at the STADIUM. My first game in San Diego....I cant wait!!

S.Dvl379
11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Im from San Diego but live in rockford il. now... still the charger will forever be my team.. I see there a lot of us il. charger fan here. GO CHARGERS!!!!

Bemmel
12-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm visiting Chicago for Christmas and I really want to see the game against Seattle on Christmas Eve. Where is the best place to watch it? I want to be with other Charger fans! Anywhere is fine as long as it has big tvs, lots of people wearing Charger colors, and food/beer.

BestRBisLT
01-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Making my initial post on the website. 36 yr old Bolt fan since 82 lookin forward to this Sunday. Bolts 34- Pats 14

mpilgerjr69
01-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey all Illinois Charger Fans, in all my years of living in Illinois(which is all my life) I have only known two other charger fans in my town, which is Litchfield, IL.

chicagoPRfan
01-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I will be pulling for the Chargers after the Bears game at Stanley's in Lincoln Park. I was trying to see if there was a "Official Chargers Bar" here in Bears territory (i.e. Steelers fans watch games at Joe's on Weed St) but no luck. If I'm missing something please let me know. Thanks and GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

mpilgerjr69
01-12-2007, 06:24 PM
:LightsOut: Lights Out for the New England Patriots

I believe that the Patriots will make it close, probably back and forth until the forth quarter when the defense and shawne:56: merriman will be lights out and close the door on the Patriots playoff run.:Helmet:

Sd dank
06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Holly crap I found it I just moved to tinley park in may and am looking for fellow brethren to watch the games with or maybe go to the bar.......
Please contact me if you want to watch the games...

LVChargergirl80
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Lookin for Charger Fans in Chicago...I am from Las Vegas and a regular over at Michael's Pub...but I will be in Chicago September 9-15. Will be in Shaumburg...looking for someplace where Chicago Charger Fans go to watch the game....thanks

kllrbs
06-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Not in Chicago, but close enough in Milwaukee. Almost got my arse rung at the Chargers v.s. Bears. Good thing Bears fans hate each other more than me that day.

LVChargergirl80
08-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey all....Where are all the Chicago CHARGER FANS??? As posted previously...will be in Chicago on September 9-14 (actually coming in on September 8) will be staying in Shaumburg.
Still looking to hook up with other Chicagoland CHARGER FANS to watch the CHARGERS make BEAR JERKY from those pesky BEARS!! :Bolt: Where ya'all at??? GO CHARGERS!!!!:Cheers:

Holler back either at glynndak@aol.com or www.myspace.com/chargergirl80 (http://www.myspace.com/chargergirl80)

ManchoviePizza
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I live in SD now, but will be going to northwestern university in the fall, so I'll be in evanston. I dunno what i'm going to do now in terms of watching games... oh yea AND my roommate is from new orleans and is a saints fan! So it'll be interesting.

UARuby
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
I would definitely consider getting together with other people that are Charger fans here in the Chicago area. I am in Glenview. BW3 in Skokie and Mt. Prospect are both about 20 minutes from me. Yardhouse in the Glen is also a great sports bar with a amazing beer list. I know where some other the other places mentioned are and most are within 1/2 hour of me.

ChargerChica
09-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi Chicago Charger Fans!!

I JUST moved here from California... and I definitely want to find a sports bar where I can watch my Chargers beat the snot out of the Bears!! That will be WAY sweet! I prefer a sports/pizza bar, so I can bring my 11 yr. old son w/me; he's a fan too. :D I'm in Elgin right now, but would gladly go to Shaumburg or Mt. Prospect... anything in that area. I really don't know the area yet, so I cannot suggest anything... but what do you guys say? Let's meet up!

:LightsOut:

GO CHARGERS!

Jubilation T. Cornpone
09-03-2007, 06:37 AM
As a Chargers fan who lives only 90 miles from Chicago, I was very impressed with how the bolts played Sunday and I am excited with how the season is starting out. I hope that they can sustain this for another 15 games.

Forest
Rockford, IL

Where did you go forest1081?
You started this thread 3 years ago and it was your only post.
Must have been no 50 rule then.
Hope you are OK, check back in.

LVChargergirl80
09-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey Chicago CHARGER FANS!! I have received a couple of replies about meeting and watching the CHARGERS MAKE BEAR JERKY out of those pesky Bears!! I hope they are serious replies. I will be in Shaumburg...I don't know the area but hope to find someplace close to my hotel or within a few miles or so. So if there are true Charger Fans in Chicago...email me by Friday and I will give you information on how to reach me...I love the Chargers and hate to watch the game alone! So, lets get everyone together and have a great Charger Time.
my email: glynndak@aol or if you are on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/chargergirl80

ChargerChica
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Man, it was WAY SWEET to walk into Bears territory and be wearing my LT jersey! I met LVChargergirl80 at the Chammps bar. We had SUCH a good time! It's awesome to be in enemy territory cheering on my Chargers. Sweet... WAY SWEET!!

Loves me some Chargers, baby.... LOVES me some Chargers!

ChargerChica
09-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Chicago Charger Fans.... WHERE ARE YOU???

Is anyone going to a sports bar (like Champps) to watch the Pats get the smackdown from the Chargers??

I'm in the Schaumburg area... there's a Champps on Golf Rd... anyone care to join me?? PM me and let me know ASAP!

:Helmet: :Helmet: :Bolt: :Bolt:

LVChargergirl80
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Gotta give out my PROPS to my new friend and Charger Fan ChargerChica!! We both had a great time at Chammps Sports Bar in Schaumburg watching the Chargers make BEAR JERKY out of those pesky Bears!! ChargerChica along with her great Mom and Son, Alex, as well as myself....we were the only Charger Fans in the house and YES, we had our LT JERSEYS on!! OH it was GREAT!! I am now back in Las Vegas and will be going to Michael's Pub to watch our Chargers trample all over the Patriots there in Boston.. I hope those Patriots have their swimsuits on, because after they get burned by the Charger's Bolts, they will be jumping into the Boston Harbour to cool off!!! GO CHARGERS!!
And all you Chicago Bolt Fans go hang over at CHAMPPS with ChargerChica, make it into a CHARGER BAR, cause we will be the CHAMMPS!!!!!!
Love to my new friend ChargerChica!!!

ChargerChica
09-18-2007, 11:24 AM
A special shout out to LVChargergirl!! What a pleasure it was to meet her and her mom. It's always great to meet a new friend... especially when they are rabid Charger fans!! :)

Any other Charger fans in Illinois???? Surely, I cannot be the ONLY one?!

pennywise151
11-02-2007, 12:22 AM
I want to start a Charger bar seeing that I just moved to Chicago. I am looking for people who want to meet up at a bar in the downtown area of Chicago, i.e.River North, Old Town, Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville etc. etc. In San Diego there is a Bears bar in PB so lets start one here

LVChargergirl80
11-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey Pennywise151~~That's a great idea....wish I was there to help you, but I live in Las Vegas!! Good Luck...see if ChargerChica might be able to help you out!!
GO CHARGERS....BEAT those Vikings!!

WTPDOSA
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Charger Fan here in Hyde Park...

mustangirl23
11-25-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm also in the Rockford area - where's a good spot to catch the games? everything aroung here is Bears/Packers!

kpoles
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
whose going to the game this sunday(1/13)? I live in chicago, but I'm driving to indy to see the game. Where are the bolts fans sitting. I'm still looking for tickets

ezdawg1
01-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Another great game. 1 more to the bowl.
Boston here we come.
Feel the Bolt Charge there way to the bowl.

GO CHARGERS!
:logo

UARuby
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I am also in Chicago. I found tickets on Ebay just a bit over face value. Does anyone in the Chicago area ever get together to watch the Charger games? What an unbelievable win!!! I will always cherish being there. :logo:56::helmet:Bolt:

UARuby
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I am all for starting a Chargers Bar. I have been a fan since 1980 even though I have always lived in Chicago. It was great being in Indy for the playoff game. What an awesome win!!!!!! Lets take down the Pats next. We definitely need to the Chargers viewing group started for 2008.

ltzrthecrwdplzr
08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
me and my wife are huge charger fans and are moving to downtown chi-town. Let me know if theres any charger fans in the area. maybe we can meet up and watch the bolts dominate this year. ALso any one know of a cool place to watch the gaems out there?

Sd dank
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Lets go Bolts we shall be cheering from all the way from Chicago

ChargerChica
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Hmmm... thinking... I live in the NW burbs. Obviously, I would prefer something near me, but the next best thing might be a family-friendly sports bar near Union Station. It would be easy access; easy to catch the Metra downtown. BUT... I've only lived here for one year, so I don't know all the places downtown. Anyone have some suggestions?? Or if anyone wants to come to Schaumburg, there's a Chammps sports bar/restaurant on Golf Rd. that's family friendly.

AKSwiftYupik
08-28-2008, 05:00 PM
hows the weather in illinois

smartalexander
08-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I moved out to Chicago from San Diego the weekend of the Super Bowl (2008). Am a diehard fan and eager to make some noise at a Chicago bar with other Charger fans in jerseys. Call or txt me to meet up for the opener Sep. 7th at 3pm. I live at Grand and Ashland and will work on finding a bar near the Ogilvie Metra Station. If this is of any interest to you, even if you can't make the opener, contact me so I can determine interest level

Go Bolts!
Alex
858-254-1185

ltzrthecrwdplzr
08-31-2008, 07:43 PM
im interested. I think all of us bolt fans should meet up somewhere out here in chi. were downtown but will go wherever. we should definitely establish a charger bar that would be sweet. :logo
Trevor

sunbiz1
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
OMG!...I go to Chammps on Golf Rd.

Small world!!...if anyone is interested in doing a Chammps outing please let me know. We can reserve the back section in the northeast corner. The manager there is very accommodating for groups on Sundays wishing to see a particular game.

Hmmm... thinking... I live in the NW burbs. Obviously, I would prefer something near me, but the next best thing might be a family-friendly sports bar near Union Station. It would be easy access; easy to catch the Metra downtown. BUT... I've only lived here for one year, so I don't know all the places downtown. Anyone have some suggestions?? Or if anyone wants to come to Schaumburg, there's a Chammps sports bar/restaurant on Golf Rd. that's family friendly.

sunbiz1
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Screw phoenix....BUMP

G-Mart
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM
If someone picks a sports bar this sunday I will be there. Someplace by the red line in north chicago would be nice. Ill be the tall kid in the Merriman Jersey doing the Lights Out Dance

Sd dank
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I live in the south subs (tinley Park). I usually go to a bar called morgans. It is located off of interstate 80 in Mokena. Believe it or not 4 or 5 other Charger fans watch the games there too.

jtdoom
09-06-2008, 02:31 PM
im interested. I think all of us bolt fans should meet up somewhere out here in chi. were downtown but will go wherever. we should definitely establish a charger bar that would be sweet. :logo
Trevor
Don't know if you found a bar to watch the game dowtown, but my wife and I are also looking for a place to watch the game. We moved here from SD 3 months ago.

Sd dank
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Ill be here if anyone is in the area. They have good food and show all of the games.
18700 Old Lagrange Rd
Mokena, IL 60448
2.59 miles from Mokena, IL 60448

ltzrthecrwdplzr
09-06-2008, 03:51 PM
hey guys,

we live in downtown chicago (just moved out here a little under a month ago) and are going to hit up either:

mother hubbards:
5 West Hubbard Street
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 828-0007
about two blocks south from the red line grand stop, and a few blocks east of the merchandise mart stop for the brown line.

or

kendall's in lincoln park
2263 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
the closest el stop is red/brown line fullerton stop

at the risk of creepers being creepy, my phone is 760.519.4933 - give me a call in the morning and we'll see what's up. go bolts go:logo
-trevor

boltheadtolbert
09-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey Boys,

I am trying to get all BoltHeads together on a regular basis to a bar in Chicago for all CHARGER games. I dont have a sponsored bar yet but lets meet at Durkins Tavern on Diversey and Halsted in the city this sunday vs. Carolina (3 dollar call drinks and decent food). I know a few bars that might be open to hosting our sunday games if enough of us show up. See you guys there!

35 is the new 41...

G-Mart
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Ok i see people picked a few different bars in the Lincoln Park area...i say we pick one and if it sucks we can go to another one....what time are people trying to show up?

ltzrthecrwdplzr
09-07-2008, 09:43 AM
someone needs to just pick one. and everyone flock.

pennywise151
09-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Lincoln Park is full of meatheads that remind you of the terrible scene on Garnet. There is a bar called the Field House that is much more low key then many of the other LP bars. But we should all agree to settle up at one spot and keep our numbers strong. Check out the yelp link

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-field-house-chicago#hrid:xL9pZ4_Br_H_OdanvHZJRQ/query:%22best%20sports%20bar%22

G-Mart
09-07-2008, 10:37 AM
ok im going to durkins. The other two bars are really close to that anyway. See you guys there. The Carolina Panties dont stand a chance. Ill be wearing the navy Merriman jersey and my real name is Geoff.

pennywise151
09-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Durkin's is a steeler bar in case you didn't know

camgordon1830
09-12-2008, 10:43 AM
where's everyone gonna watch the bolts embarrass the donkeys this sunday?

ltzrthecrwdplzr
09-12-2008, 07:13 PM
not sure someone pick a spot. Lets try to get a big group together. downtown or lincoln park.

pennywise151
09-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Lincoln Park was pretty awful to watch the game last week. I am going to McGinny's Tap where I used to watch the games last year. It is very mellow, quiet and a good place for a Chargers fan to watch in peace and quite.

313 W. North Ave In Old Town just a few block's west of Wells. Easy brown and red line service.

ltzrthecrwdplzr
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
we're thinking of trying out mcfadden's on state and division. maybe heading over there at halftime of the indy/vikings game:logo

G-Mart
09-14-2008, 11:09 AM
McGinnys is straight with me....ill be there if this hurricane weather doesnt kill me

heftyman19
01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey out there - I recently moved to Chicago for a job (and wife) and need to find some of my own kind. Originally from here and Bears are second but seriously... watching Chicago teams is like paying someone to kick you in the nootz - every year they're gonna "win it all"

Anyway, I'm in downtown Chicago. Near Beer Bistro, Third Rail, West End, Holiday, Addiciton... and about 10 other bars. Where do I go this Sunday?

Rod
01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Are you guys getting together to watch the Charger/Steeler game on Sunday? I'm a San Diegan who is here for school. I live in Downtown and was lucky enough to go to the Q to watch the game last week vs the Colts.

Sd dank
01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
The problem is for me I live in the "BURBS" I go to a local bar that has 2 sometimes 3 other Charger fans watching the games. I dont get into the city often. IF and I do say If we beat pitt I will take the metra into the city and watch the game with some brethren.

Rod
01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, if I lived in the 'Burbs' I wouldn't go to the city either. From what I read here there is no 'official' Chargers bar in the City, but I'm sure there are good football bars. I'm thinking that Wrigleyville would probably a good spot to go watch the game.

heftyman19
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Okay, so due to the lack of one I'm naming Beer Bistro the official downtown Chicago (West Loop) Chargers bar. I'm going to be there with the Chicago inlaws for dinner but am gonna have my LT jersey on.

I've already done a bunch of errands in the jersey and so far - not one comment either way. Suprisingly, not too many San Diegans leaving to come to Chicago... LOL

I got a table at the BB for 3:30 - on Madison and Washington

-Mark

sunbiz1
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Perhaps next year.

Okay, so due to the lack of one I'm naming Beer Bistro the official downtown Chicago (West Loop) Chargers bar. I'm going to be there with the Chicago inlaws for dinner but am gonna have my LT jersey on.

I've already done a bunch of errands in the jersey and so far - not one comment either way. Suprisingly, not too many San Diegans leaving to come to Chicago... LOL

I got a table at the BB for 3:30 - on Madison and Washington

-Mark

heftyman19
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
So the final game I DID go to Beer Bistro with my wife and her Chicago family. Sported the LT jersey and there was another guy there with a Leaf (kidding, Rivers) jersey on with a group that went to USD.

I will be more proactive next season in getting a city location together - Beer Bisto has tons of flat screens and as the name would suggest, a ton o beer options.

Hopefully the bolts can rest up and come back better next season.

-Mark

barro
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I live in the city and I found the best place to watch games is Casey Meran's by Wrigley. Tons of huge TV's. You can always get them to switch to the game you want and it is seldom overcrowded.

Borchaccio
03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone. I used to live in Hermosa Beach and have been back in Chicago for a couple of years now. Recently I was wearing my Chargers gear out to a bar and I ran into another guy with Chargers stuff on. Anyway, turns out he owns a bar called Dram Shop at like 3100 N Broadway in Lakeview (Chicago). It is a pretty small bar, but he has 4 42+ inch plasma's and has guaranteed me that he will be playing the Chargers games all next year. Not sure if he would be willing to set up some sort of drink special for all fans coming to watch the Chargers games, but he is originally from SD and is a fan as well. Anyway, its a pretty good bar to hang out with and avoid all the Sweet Lincoln Park Dudes that gather for football games in LP and surrounding areas. That's my two cents, I will be there for every game next year....so hopefully I'll see some of you all there. Exact address I believe is 3051 N Broadway...Dram Shop...ask for Larry and tell him you are a Chargers fan!

Here is to drafting an impact player in the first round in 4 weeks!!!

Jeff

ChitownKbolt
06-21-2009, 12:55 PM
To all CHARGER fans in the Chicago area,
I am trying to set up a fan club in the Chicago area where we all meet at a spot to watch the games.
Currently I have a small offer from a bar in Wrigleyville that will have the audio on and possibly some specials for us IF I can bring enough people.
If anyone wants to come down and cheer Bolts on with us please email me and I will give you all the details.

Lets go Super Chargers!

Kbolt

dupagecoboltfan
07-25-2009, 07:59 AM
All fans interested in watching Bolts locally, check out DJ Sports Bar - 222 E. Chicago, Westmont. Just east of Cass 1/2 block, south of Ogden:Bolt: North of Tracks.

Nice, cozy bar. NFL Direct. Accomodating staff!! All games that are not shown locally, pick them up here. I did in last season and it worked great, watched the great win in Tampa that wasn't on the local Chicago channels. Let me know!

Bill

Borchaccio
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
ChitownKBolt,

What bar in Wrigley are you referring to? I live pretty close to Wrigley Field and am trying to figure out where the other fans are going to watch. Let me know if he offers and drink/food specials, b/c that is KEY!

Thanks.

ChitownKbolt
08-29-2009, 07:29 PM
I live just south of Wrigleyville and I am trying to get all the Bolt fans to get together in one place for the whole season. I have a bar that is willing to play the audio if we get enough people to show up.
Rebel bar
3462 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60657-1610

We will be there representing and all Charger fans are welcome.
Hit me at scott_ken1@yahoo.com for more info or just show up.

This is the year baby!
Go BOLTS

Paydirt
09-06-2009, 01:28 AM
What are the places Chicago Bolt? If I am there on business, I would like to know where to go. THX.

pennywise151
09-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Did anyone ever set up a bar to watch the game at?? I am afraid with the Bears game this sunday at the same time we might be hard pressed to find audio anywhere, but name a place and I will be there

Magcharger
09-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey all, just moved from Long Beach, CA to Forest Park, IL for work and been reading through this thread to try and find where people plan to go for the game. I agree that it would be sweet to have audio, but might be difficult due to the Bear's game being the same time. At this point, I would be happy to be able to just see the game. Let me know where the rally point is for the game. Go Bolts!

Jmurns
09-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey all, just moved from Long Beach, CA to Forest Park, IL for work and been reading through this thread to try and find where people plan to go for the game. I agree that it would be sweet to have audio, but might be difficult due to the Bear's game being the same time. At this point, I would be happy to be able to just see the game. Let me know where the rally point is for the game. Go Bolts!

I'm in Oak Park. I went with Direct TV last year, trying to avoid the expense this year. Please post if you find a place, especially on the west side of town. Really don't feel like trekking up north to watch the damn game. I don't have much hope that any place on Madison will be showing anything but the Bears. BTW, first winter in Chicago? Mine was last year. Hated every friggin' second of it

Magcharger
09-20-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm in Oak Park. I went with Direct TV last year, trying to avoid the expense this year. Please post if you find a place, especially on the west side of town. Really don't feel like trekking up north to watch the damn game. I don't have much hope that any place on Madison will be showing anything but the Bears. BTW, first winter in Chicago? Mine was last year. Hated every friggin' second of it

Yo JMurns, good to hear fans are out in this part too.

I'm going to check with Healy's Westside to see if the game will be on (Madison and Circle) and also with Avenue Ale House in Oak Park. Both places have a lot of TVs and hopefully won't be too greedy and only show Da Bears. I'll fire back some information once I know more.

Indeed, first Winter for me here...so far, it's been nice and a bit reminiscent of San Diego, but I know that it will change and pretty soon I'll be cursing everything and everyone as I shovel the first snow from the driveway!

ChitownKbolt
09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Quit yer snivelin about the winters... and come join up with fellow Bolt heads.
I know of one bar that will always have the audio, The Dram shop on Barry and Broadway.

I have audio rights when the Chargers arent playin at the same time as the Bears at Rebel bar and grill in Wrigley.

My info is above so shoot and email if you want to meet up.
KBolt

Magcharger
09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Quit yer snivelin about the winters... and come join up with fellow Bolt heads.
I know of one bar that will always have the audio, The Dram shop on Barry and Broadway.

I have audio rights when the Chargers arent playin at the same time as the Bears at Rebel bar and grill in Wrigley.

My info is above so shoot and email if you want to meet up.
KBolt

Yo ChitownKbolt, good looking out. I didn't make it out to the bar this time as I wanted to check the local flavor over in Oak Park. I definitely want to make it out though and will during the course of the season. Nothing beats watching the game with our fans.

Jmurns, that Ale house in Oak Park is all right. They have a ton of TVs and label the TVs with some papers for games so people can sit accordingly. Met a couple of Charger fans (Connor and Taylor) who were solid peeps. Also, the bar hands out free jello shots when the Bears score. Been a hell of a long time since I've had a jello shot, but as I always say, I like booze...and booze likes me.

Tough loss today...we had those mofos...but that last drive's play calling for 3rd and 4th was just a killer. We just got to get it together and crush the Fish next week. Go Bolts!!!!!!!

Sd dank
09-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I am in Tinley Park which is somewhat close to Oak Park I believe. I watched the game at Morgans Bar and Grill in Mokena. Today they had a 20.00 dollar cover that included open bar and a halftime buffett. Thats only while the Bears are Playing though. Tons of TVs and usually alot of eye candy.

Sd dank
11-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Come on fellow SD transplants get your tickets to the Cleveland game in 3 weeks. Cleveland is only a 6 hour drive from Chicago and thats the nearest game to us this season. I got my tix off of ebay and there are tons available.

zackalacka
11-29-2009, 12:09 PM
i'm in springfield... woot?

jakep
11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
any charger fans going to cleveland for the game? coming from buffalo for it. let me know, meet up somewhere for tailgating etc.

Super.Chargers
11-30-2009, 12:04 AM
its good to see chargers fans all over the World

chargerboltz
12-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Im in milwaukee so anyone around here im down to watch some charger football (tired of the damn packer fans..but they respect) but willing to go to chitown to watch some charger football, hit me up!:layup

heftyman19
01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Called and confirmed the game is on at the Dram Shop - haven't been but still looking for a Chargers bar in/near downtown Chicago. Will be there sporting the LT jersey.

http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/DramShop/DramShop.html

-Mark

chargerboltz
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Since there is not many that post we should unite WI/IL and possibly meet somewhere to watch the playoff game?

heftyman19
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Okay, was at West End which was pretty fantastic. Had Charger towels, napkins, plates, etc to watch them beat down the Jets... no idea. Kaeding?!? Don't want to talk about it.

Anyway, I'm assuming no one will post anything until August but I'd like to organize something.

ChargingBolts
02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I am from Joliet! 3 years ago I was the first one to say get rid of L.T. and keep Michael "the Burner" Turner, unfortunately the Bolts didn't and we are where we're at now. I say resign L.T. on the cheap. He knows the system, and has a lot left in his tank. There is no one out there better. If Thomas Jones who is older than L.T. can still do it than so can L.T. Imagine what L.T. could do behind that Jets Offensive line! It is the offensive lines fault that they would rather pass block than rush block. L.T. had a great game in Denver this year and could do that every week if the O Line felt like run blocking. I say get rid of Darren Sproles and go and sign Garret Wolfe of the Chicago Bears, same size, same player, yet 3 years younger and about 7 million cheaper. If L.T. never played for the Bolts and he was a free agent, why do I have the feeling they would try to sign him?! I am a Charger fan from the early 80's and feel like they are just a small move away from winning it all, and am afraid by losing L.T., Merriman, Sproles, Cromartie, will take us several steps backwards.

rickysandiego
07-14-2010, 04:01 PM
:21:Hey all Illinois Charger Fans, in all my years of living in Illinois(which is all my life) I have only known two other charger fans in my town, which is Litchfield, IL. Now you known 3. I just moved from San diego 3 months ago. Im living in evanston, Il. Im 100% die hard Bolt fan!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to pay 45.00 dollars a month, Just to watch da Chargers...win:LightsOut:Lights out chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knkaustin
07-14-2010, 04:30 PM
:21: Now you known 3. I just moved from San diego 3 months ago. Im living in evanston, Il. Im 100% die hard Bolt fan!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to pay 45.00 dollars a month, Just to watch da Chargers...win:LightsOut:Lights out chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I moved from California last winter and still have my season tickets but would love to find a local bar where the Charger faithful could plan a couple of outings this season to watch some games...any thoughts?

:17:

Chargers Road Games Attended:
Atlanta
Buffalo
Dallas (new stadium)
Denver
Green Bay
New England
NY (Giants)
Oakland
San Francisco
Wembley

Attending in 10'
Cincinnati
New Orleans
Seattle
St. Louis

superchargertom
08-20-2010, 11:31 AM
"My name is Kevin Koss and I manage a bar called Mahoney's Pub and Grille out here in Chicago, IL. We are currently planning on becoming a Charger bar here in the city and I was writing to inquire about how many transplanted Charger fans are in the area, if you know and if there is a good way to get in touch with them. If there is some kind of fan organization in Chicago, that'd be great to get a hold of too, as we would like to collaborate with true Charger fans on how they want the look and feel of the bar on Football game days for them. Please let me know and any information on the Chargers that you think we should know about would be most appreciated.

Kevin Koss, KKoss51@msn.com (http://us.mc810.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=KKoss51@msn.com), 402-730-2485"

Sd dank
08-21-2010, 11:57 PM
A good mexican buffet for halftime would be AWESOME. Where is this bar located? Raised in SD for 22 yrs Die hard Charger bar?

xCharger Carlx
08-22-2010, 02:13 AM
I need a place to eat and watch football on sunday in chicago

zackalacka
08-22-2010, 08:16 AM
i'm a good 4 hour drive from chicago, or i'd be interested in hitting that place up for sure

Magcharger
08-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice! the Illinois thread flat lined for a while, but looks like we're picking up steam again. Where is everyone catching games for this season?

ChargerChica
08-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Long-time Charger fan in the NW Burbs, here... close to Schaumburg. Anyone get together in this area??

Daddy Hobo
10-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Hello people of Chicago. I am a long time chargers fan coming up for the game in November. Does anyone want to go to the game with me? Hit me up if you do, I have not bought my tickets yet...rogerphanafin@yahoo.com

NYCmari
04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
they meet at Crossroads Public House in Chicago. Look for the Facebook Group: Chi Town Charger Backers for more information