PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite player and why ?

Duke
09-13-2004, 12:54 PM
I pick Fonoti. They say it all starts on the Line, so I choose Toniu. Plus I'm stoked we still have at least one charged up Samoan in our line-up !

Thunderstruck
09-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Gates is rapidly rising on my list. LT is still my favorite Charger, and I don't see any other player unseating him, but Gates is a bonafide star-in-the-making. I'm starting to feel positive vibes for Terrance Kiel and Shaun Phillips also.

rule12b
09-13-2004, 01:11 PM
This year, the team is my favorite player, period.

geekster
09-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Rodney "the hitman" Harrison and Junior Seau. Oh yeah - and some guy named LaDanian! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Rip
09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Beside LT, Its either Leber, Kiel or Reche

Boltdiehard
09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
I'va always been a fan of the underdog thus Eric Parker; I like Kiel quite a bit as well.

SanDiegoRon
09-13-2004, 01:19 PM
not necessarily my favorite (go #81), but...

I'll go with the "least" likely - a 7th round starter who's exceeding ALL expectations...

Thunderstruck
09-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by: rule12b
This year, the team is my favorite player, period.

Yeah...last year, by about game three, I already couldn't stand David Boston. Marcellus Wiley had more interviews than tackles.

I can't think of anyone on this team I don't like.

LIGHTNINGinc
09-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Favorites for this year are L.T. and Parker my alltime favorites are J Jefferson, J Seau, J Brooks

mdpttu
09-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I may be biased cause I went to Texas Tech, but I gotta say Welker. Ive seen him play numerous times and I know his potential. In due time he will begin to pick up more fans.

SDRaiderH8er
09-13-2004, 03:24 PM
It would be real easy to jump on LT's wagon, But I am going to say Igor, i think he is going to make our Line Rock Solid!

Plus he has a great name

spysnipedis
09-13-2004, 03:28 PM
donnie edwards, Gates, Brees, kiel, igor, phillips.

deerak
09-13-2004, 03:33 PM
I am going with the obvious choice in L.T. There is something about him besides a great back. He reminds me a lot of Tony Gwynn who had a dedication to the city of San Diego and didn't want to leave. How easy would it have been for L.T. to take off after his contract was up and go play for a winning team. That just says something about the guy and what he is in the game to do.

dgjock
09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Gates and Shaun Phillips. Gates because he can actually catch and make plays. Shaun because he is low profile and actually make plays

Riverwarrior
09-13-2004, 04:01 PM
I like Ball, the guy is a funny Wiley with more skills. Of course LT will always be my fav, as well as Rivers Rocks.

mercm3
09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Reche just cuz I love Wr's and I think when he puts it all together he's gonna be our best WR

michael
09-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Favorite?......who knows...most valuable to the team?...i believe LT is the obvious choice. My hero growin up was Dan Fouts

maverjoe
09-13-2004, 04:20 PM
LT is the obvious favorite...but after him.....hmmmmmm

I have to say a guy I am ALWAYS rooting for is Parker.
I really can't wait to call the big man IGOR my favorite...I just can't wait for him to show me somthing.

BUT my Favorite, besides LT, HAS to be Kiel. TK took like 4 bullets and was still ready to play. The man is as tough as you can get and he WILL be a force in the NFL for a long long time.

BlueNTrue
09-13-2004, 05:10 PM
O-L-S-H-A-N-S-K-Y.....reminds me of some of the old time greats of football.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll just go with the team, It's to hard to pick one guy for me. Kind of like picking one song that you think is the best, you know you'll always think of another.

SDRYANLEAF16
09-13-2004, 08:25 PM
JAMMER !!!!

ows4428
09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Jammer for me as well.

Leber, Welker, Brees and Foley are up there too.

brian

CoronaDoug
09-13-2004, 09:20 PM
DAN FOUTSi/expressions/SDG_Dan_Fouts.gif Beause I am still living in the pasti/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/beer.gif

isaic16
09-13-2004, 09:25 PM
I agree with all the Kiel fans. He has impressed me as much as anyone.

TrabucoWR
09-13-2004, 09:39 PM
How about the guy who blocks for LT? Lorenzo Neal is awesome. And i love Eric Parker, if randy moss had Parker's work ethic then he would be the greatest of all time. not dissing moss though,
just saying.

ChargersfaninKansas
09-14-2004, 07:34 AM
My current fave's on the team are Olshansky, L.T. and Jammer. All time fave's include Natrone Means and his stiffarm, Stan Humphries (I held my breath when he chucked it deep), JR., Rodney, and Gil Byrd.

denverboltfan
09-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Too hard to pick one. I like Oben, Ball, Olshansky, Welker, Parker, Brees,and of course, LT. Hope they all keep the down to earth attitude when the team is successful. Never want to hear of them refusing to sign an autograph for a kid or worse yet, signing one and then taking it from the kid and ripping it up (ala a couple of ex broncos).

boltman
09-14-2004, 12:01 PM
LaDanian and JR

beltzaz
09-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Wes Welker, just for leveling the Texan's kicker. That was awesome!!

mdpttu
09-14-2004, 02:59 PM
What exactly happened to the kicker? I only caught a glimpse of the hit without sound cause I was at work trying to watch it. Does look like Welker popped him pretty good.

dave15
09-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Wes Welker will become he darling of the fans.... he is the consumate overachiever who never quitrs.... Rudy has nothing on Wes!

Wanders
09-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Current Favs are of Course LT and the the one i followed in college DREW BREES, and I like Gates.
on D is Dingle, Jammer and Keil

Old Timers, Fouts, Muncie, Joiner, Chandler, Alsworth, Seau, Harrison, Byrd to name a few...

Mutt001
09-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Another vote for Igor Olshansky. He's huge and fast and has loads of potential. He looked a little overwhelmed in the first game but once he hits his stride.....there are gonna be some broken people out there.

rupn
09-14-2004, 06:36 PM
DONNIE EDWARDS IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER. HE WAS MY FAVORITE WHEN HE WAS PLAYING FOR THE CHIEFS.

bigguy
09-14-2004, 06:36 PM
think were going to learn to love number 70 OLIVEA a winner wherever he goes..... he made claret a star...........look how he made LT a star after only one game.............hr'll save marty

Jcharger5525
09-14-2004, 06:54 PM
No body had made me happier than LT. He has the be the favorite. There are so many young guys that are going to be really good, that I am just happy to have them on the teamso we can develop into a threatning team.

Jcharger5525
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Seau is the only one ive met, i would also like to say im a Brees and Flutie fan.

Chargers
09-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Besides the usual LT and Brees...I'm a huge fan of David Binn - that dude is the man. Chatman is a madman too. He rocks.

NWBoltFan
09-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Shaun Phillips. Watched a tiny bit of college play, and was pretty stoked when we drafted him. He may end up being the best pick in our draft. Dude's got superstar potential...

SoCal4
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
JOHN JEFFERSON - No need to say anything else

Shamrock
09-15-2004, 06:03 PM
NWBoltFan,

You are right about Phillips. His speed off the edge is so much faster than anyone else I've seen. The Texans game changed while he was on the field.

All time favorites:
45 - Leslie "Speedy" Duncan
89 - Dwight McDonald (He was from SDSU and I knew him personally)
74 - Louie Kelcher

Current favorites:
21- LT
9 - Brees
23 - Jammer

That's my Texas Trifecta !!!

NWBoltFan
09-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by: Shamrock
NWBoltFan,

You are right about Phillips. His speed off the edge is so much faster than anyone else I've seen. The Texans game changed while he was on the field.

All time favorites:

45 - Leslie "Speedy" Duncan

89 - Dwight McDonald (He was from SDSU and I knew him personally)

74 - Louie Kelcher

Current favorites:

21- LT

9 - Brees

23 - Jammer

That's my Texas Trifecta !!!

Just got around to reading the power outage thread you wrote. Sounds like it was a heck of an opening game for you guys. Was Trumpet a coincidence? Guess I'll have to make it a point to meet him this weekend. As for your assessment on Ball, it's appearing he may get some extra reps in now as a result of Dingle's status, and you think that bodes well? Honestly didn't recall Dingle, OR Ball doing much, but was dealing a little more with the frustration of letting Texans march on underneath passes, it was driving me crazy DB's were backed off, but it's quite a bit more palatable considering your take on the gameplanning- taking away the deep balls. That's definitely one huge plus to seeing the game live, and seeing the field. Miss so much on TV, and I hadn't remembered CBS' goal-line hose job, until Xnet brought that up, also in the power surge thread. Brilliant camera work. I'm refusing to get my hopes up on Brees. I remember last year's opener, when Marty's brilliant post-game yap, talked up winning a super bowl with Brees considering the way he'd played (and he actually did play well considering the line was not blocking anyone), then I watched the kid meltdown as the injuries mounted... It sure would be nice for Marty's prognostication to fulfill- WHILE HE'S A BOLT!

rrogers
09-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Right now my favorite player is Leber but if Caldwell keeps having weeks like last week and Parker makes catches like he did in the endzone I have to take a WR.

nleobold
09-16-2004, 03:13 AM
That's an impossible question. I like all our players.

GO CHARGERS

BEAT THE JETS

Nic in Manhattan
#1 Chargers fan in Manhattan, New York City

nleobold
09-16-2004, 03:15 AM
All time? Oh, it's gotta be Dan Fouts and Don Coryel.

GO CHARGERS

Nic in Manhattan
#1 Chargers fan in Manhattan, New York City

Shamrock
09-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by: NWBoltFan
Was Trumpet a coincidence? Guess I'll have to make it a point to meet him this weekend.

As for your assessment on Ball, it's appearing he may get some extra reps in now as a result of Dingle's status, and you think that bodes well? Honestly didn't recall Dingle, OR Ball doing much...

....it was driving me crazy DB's were backed off, but it's quite a bit more palatable considering your take on the gameplanning- taking away the deep balls.
Trumpie let us know he bought his tix, and where he was sitting. We knew he was in the next section, so I made it a point to find him right after we got there.

Ball didn't really get to Carr, but he pushed the pocket deeper than Dingle did, and it seemed like he was drawing more attention that Dingle did. I thought DQ Scott got some good reps on the DL as well.

The adjustments made by the Bolts were more in personnel, than in scheme. It seemed like we blitzed different, but the primary adjustment in the second half was Phillips. When he started playing, the game changed. At the same time, Carr was looking to push the field in depth, but our CB's were still playing the same (giving the underneath) so Carr needed time to look down field with his deeper drop and longer routes. Having Phillips and company collapsing the pocket then forced Carr into throwing earlier, with less accuracy, than he wanted to.

inelaborateme
09-16-2004, 01:17 PM
My favorite is Igor. I think he is so hot.

Rivers2Peele
09-16-2004, 10:15 PM
By position:
QB: Rivers
RB:Tomlinson
WR:Caldwell
TEi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifeele
OL:Hardwick
DLi/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.giflshansky
LB:Wilhelm
CB:Jammer/Davis
S:Kiel

Chargeroo
09-16-2004, 11:19 PM
All time - Alworth, Fouts, Seau

This team - LT, Parker, Edwards

MoveitMister
09-16-2004, 11:30 PM
<---------------------He's right over there.

Earl Faison's Stats (http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/ID/04260076)

Faison Football Bio (http://www.conigliofamily.com/Chargers.htm#EARLFAISON)

Post Football Educator Info (http://www.aahperd.org/aaalf/template.cfm?template=minorities.html)

ed
09-16-2004, 11:46 PM
hands down L.T. after his career with the chargers He's got a vote for President here!

Wanders
09-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Rivers shouldnt be on anyones favorite Chargers cause what has he done, MY PONT EXACLY , NOTHING>>> oh wait he held out of Camp, an idiot and a putz....

buck35
09-17-2004, 03:21 AM
56 Matt Wilhelm Your time will come hang in there.
70 Shane Olivea " Who says size doesn't matter"
See ya in Dec. at Indy guys.
Go Bucks

goSDgo
09-17-2004, 03:33 AM
LT is the man, and at the top.
Brees because he's got class
Igor because of pure power
and my under dog is Osggod. SDSU Baaby

All-time
Junior, Rodney, LT, John Carney, Dan the man and Stan.

LETSGOJETS
09-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Chad Pennington beacuae he is a true leader to lead his team to battle and come up with an easy win in SD this weekend! Then CMART is gonna outrush LT
Drew is gonna throw a few picks
Ellis will have a few sacks
Moss will have a few TD's
Chrebet will have a few 3rd down catches
Ohhh man I can not wait!

Wanders
09-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by: LETSGOJETS
Chad Pennington beacuae he is a true leader to lead his team to battle and come up with an easy win in SD this weekend! Then CMART is gonna outrush LT

Drew is gonna throw a few picks

Ellis will have a few sacks

Moss will have a few TD's

Chrebet will have a few 3rd down catches

Ohhh man I can not wait!

You got it wrong Pennington will have picks, Brees will get 250 yrds 2 TD LT wil score and run for 150 yrds.

Jets D will crumple like always...

Chargers will win 27-24

steven
09-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Dude, you're dumber than dog droppings!!! Get out!!!!

Doc!
09-17-2004, 05:40 PM
I would have to say LT, for his loyalty. Then Seau, He wouldn't have left. All time favorite is Ronnie Harmon, MR. Third Down.

HARTFAN
09-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Hartfan....my name says it all!

TrumpetDude
09-18-2004, 03:37 PM
All Time : Alworth - Fouts - Jefferson - Joiner - Winslow - Louie Kelcher

Now: LT - Rivers - Gates - Jammer - Kiel - Igor - Shaun Philips (this kid is special)

TrumpetDude
09-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: NWBoltFan

Just got around to reading the power outage thread you wrote. Sounds like it was a heck of an opening game for you guys. Was Trumpet a coincidence? Guess I'll have to make it a point to meet him this weekend. [/quote]

It was pre-planned and it was indeed a blast. I am Trumpet_Man at the SOSD forum. Same dude. Less than 24 hours to kick-off. Woohooo... A Home opener ! Go Chargers !!!i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/beer.gif

Wanders
09-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Chargers have a knack for some of the stanger names...

Means, Butts, Leaf, Brees, Rivers, Byrd, Jammer, Seau, Keil.....

Just to name some....

Names That at times used as ad campains

SD Means Bussiness or theres no if ands or Butts about it, or SD gonna turn over a new Leaf, SD cna brees to the playoffs when Jr hits you it Seau.... and so forth

cooperfan54
09-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Cooper because hes awesome and young. he will be a pro-bowler some day.

HARTFAN
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Hart will be a pro-bowler this year...just my prediction! when he starts, there will be no stopping him!

DwightGurlee
09-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Well we all know who mine is..... TD baby!!! But I like Nate too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chargers12
09-23-2004, 12:53 PM
I have to agree with DwightGurlee, my favorite player is Tim Dwight. He is one of the most underrated WRs. He is very fast, and is a great kickoff return guy.

DDFBOLTS
09-23-2004, 01:59 PM
LT hands down or this team has no identity, and i miss ronnie harmon and his 3rd down skills!!

DDFBOLTS
09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: cooperfan54
Cooper because hes awesome and young. he will be a pro-bowler some day.

yeah, i like him a lot too, he's bigger than i thought also