PDA

View Full Version : You want to see strong


Johndbr
09-13-2004, 04:54 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/johndbr/3007236_7_2.jpg

Now that is f'ing stong!!! A one handed tackle, really it could be 3 fingers. Look at how the jersy is hanging out of the hand, he does not have a full grip. Now that is scary. When Igor gets down the pass rush, we will have a dominate D-Line at last i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

John B.

Hamburglar
09-13-2004, 04:55 PM
it looks like two fingers thats crazy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

foober
09-13-2004, 04:56 PM
I'd like for the chargers to get one more IGOR type d-lineman with one of the 1st rounders next year. THen we'll have a great defense. Not just a good one.

michael
09-13-2004, 05:08 PM
The caption should read, "Come here, i want you to see somethin."

madflabby
09-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Igor is my idol. As a fairly heavy weight lifter I can really appreciate the strength that man has. I want an Olshansky jersey for my collection! Has anyone seen them yet?

LIGHTNINGBOLTinc
09-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Seems he is pulling down the back and doing his one handed push ups at the same time. Not bad, Nice shot.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Dude is going to be uncontrollable in the future.

spysnipedis
09-13-2004, 06:01 PM
pretty strong

IronMountain1960
09-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Igor is going to be great, and right now he is a very good run stuffer. I thought he had the best game of all the Dlinemen. He was constantly making plays and pushing the O line around, what a great pick!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kiwibolt
09-13-2004, 06:21 PM
There was a kid who played for Colorado State last year and was in camp with the Colts and a few others as a free agent....he doesn't really fit into a 4-3 scheme, but at 6' and around 310, I think Bryan Save could help out the Bolts. I would at least bring him in for the practice squad. NT's are hard to find and I think the kid has the goods

Thunderstruck
09-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Good God, look at that arm! It's bigger than my leg!

MoveitMister
09-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by: Johndbr
http://home.pacbell.net/johndbr/3007236_7_2.jpg



Now that is f'ing stong!!! A one handed tackle, really it could be 3 fingers. Look at how the jersy is hanging out of the hand, he does not have a full grip. Now that is scary. When Igor gets down the pass rush, we will have a dominate D-Line at last i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif



John B.What do you expect from a guy that did 41 reps at 225lbs at the combine.
Pure strength coming from the son of a butcher. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Johndbr
09-13-2004, 07:45 PM
What do you expect from a guy that did 41 reps at 225lbs at the combine.

Pure strength coming from the son of a butcher. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/quote]


I have no clue what to expect, I never did it and he is the first one who I have heard of doing it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
but I do like what I am seeing i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

John B

cthelke
09-13-2004, 07:46 PM
I said since even before the draft that if Igor fell to us in the second round that we should take him and he might be the steal of the draft. I was elated when he did. Has anyone ever did 41 reps at 225? I have never heard of it before. And dude is only 21 or 22, how much bigger and stronger will he get?!!

geekster
09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, the kid from Hawaii did 42 or 43 at the combine.

maverjoe
09-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by: geekster
Yeah, the kid from Hawaii did 42 or 43 at the combine.

I thought Igor and Isaac Sopagoa tied with 41.

WrayLaw
09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I was SO pumped when the Bolts drafted Igor, and I still am.

Dude has EVERYTHING you're looking for in a defensive lineman, except experience. And he's getting that now. I truly think he has a higher ceiling than all but maybe 3 of the 2004 draftees.

Johndbr
09-13-2004, 09:56 PM
You guys weren't the only ones happy with that draft, the yahoo board has been raving about it since draft day, we even gave him his own thread you can check it out here. IGOR ( ME HUNGRY FOR QB'S BOARD) (http://sports.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=SP&action=m&board=4688418&tid=igormehungryforqbsboard&sid=4688418&mid=1&type=date&first=1)

We know that the game is won or lost in the trenches and have been angry that the Chargers have not fixed the problem effectively for years. It kind a makes me wonder what Rivers thinks when a D-Lineman gets more print than a QB, from those that count, the fans. Oh well I am glad they are both here.

John B.

IgorUnchained
09-14-2004, 12:36 AM
I too thought that Igor put the weight up more than anyone else... but I am often wrong. I think Igor will be able to open and close lanes at the point of attack, but I think that the linebackers get the bulk of the sacks in the 3-4. I think that if Igor gets a few sack this year, and you see the linebackers tfl and sacks go up, I think he will be well worth the second round pick we used on him. Potential with a capital P. Ball and Philips are both better than I expected and could make a big impact on D.


By the way, how would I use that awesome picture (or one like it) as my profile picture? are there any ways of shrinking them down? Any places to find the small player pictures? Whats with that "Git R Done" guy?

shocku
09-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by: IgorUnchained
I too thought that Igor put the weight up more than anyone else... but I am often wrong. I think Igor will be able to open and close lanes at the point of attack, but I think that the linebackers get the bulk of the sacks in the 3-4. I think that if Igor gets a few sack this year, and you see the linebackers tfl and sacks go up, I think he will be well worth the second round pick we used on him. Potential with a capital P. Ball and Philips are both better than I expected and could make a big impact on D.





By the way, how would I use that awesome picture (or one like it) as my profile picture? are there any ways of shrinking them down? Any places to find the small player pictures? Whats with that "Git R Done" guy?


I agree with this!! Igor is a monster I too have been more impressed with Ball and Phillips.Ball isn't the biggest linemen but he just knows how to put pressure on the QB.

Rip
09-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by: IgorUnchained
By the way, how would I use that awesome picture (or one like it) as my profile picture? are there any ways of shrinking them down? Any places to find the small player pictures? Whats with that "Git R Done" guy?

http://www.jpeghost.com/imagehost/55066417igorav.jpg

IgorUnchained
09-14-2004, 03:07 AM
Thank you Rip --

I appreciate the help!

Rip
09-14-2004, 03:07 AM
No prob

SuperMatt
09-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Dave Ball is just plain nuts. He gives more than 110% every play and the kind of reckless abandon he shows can be a force on the D-Line. I hope he plays out the rest of the year at starting DE.

Tomlinson21
09-14-2004, 09:32 AM
We need to come out with Olshansky jerseys out next year. I'll definitely get one.

Jcharger5525
09-14-2004, 12:57 PM
A future three man sack threat with ball philips and olshansky could do some damage. ESPN 2k5 gives him 99 strength.

Triknique
09-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Igor definitely has tremendous upside and strength. Once he gets down with the techniques and strategies involved with line play, combined with his strength, he will be a force and fixture on our d-line.

TemeculaMike
09-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: madflabby
Igor is my idol. As a fairly heavy weight lifter I can really appreciate the strength that man has. I want an Olshansky jersey for my collection! Has anyone seen them yet?

Yep. The Chargers Online store has jerseys for each of the players. All you have to do is select the "NFL Equipment San Diego Chargers Customized Authentic" jersey and a pull down menu is on the page for each player on the team.