PDA

View Full Version : Giants 2005 First round pick

Capfan
09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
This is going to be one of the most enjoyable things to watch this year. They have a very good chance at losing 14 or 15 games this year.

They decided to put the "venerable" Kurt Warner in behind that awful offensive line. He's going to get killed. And if there's any way to cement a losing season, it's quarterback by comitee. They already are pulling him in favor of Eli.

They play Washington, Cleveland, Green Bay and Dallas before the "bye" week. No way Warner's still starting after week 5. I'd be floored if they're any better than 1-4 by then.

My bet is they'l go with Eli for the remainder of the schedule. That's one more game each against the Skins and Cowboys, 2 against the Eagles, and games against the Ravens, Steelers, Falcons and Vikings, mixed in with the Lions, Cardinals, Bengals and Bears. My bet is 2-12 on the season.

All this and they already hate their coach. #1 overall is ours....

SDRYANLEAF16
09-13-2004, 08:08 PM
yea...what also is great after all is done the trade we did with them is going to look way one sided.

3 starters

QB- Philip Rivers

next yrs 1 pick - Hopefully Mike Willliams / or a definately blue chip prospect

K- Nate Keading

Capfan
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Damn.

They had no business winning today. The Skins had 7 turnovers and were within a TD even w/ Brunell dinged. Next week they've got the Browns. Warner threw a couple of nice balls, but the 'skins turnovers were all the offense the G-men needed.

They still are going to give us a #1 overall pick.

HeadTrip
09-19-2004, 09:28 PM
well, maybe not last, but top 5 definantly. Thats not much different tho, since the #1 pick will most likely be a QB (which we dont need anyway). Just a thought.

dfouts
09-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Giants got lucky today. Maybe we can pick up a decent cornerback that doesn't get burned!

HeadTrip
09-19-2004, 09:31 PM
hehe... just posted this on another thread....

They wont draft a corner.

Capfan
09-19-2004, 09:39 PM
If Champ Baileys' twin was available I'd be happy to see them move Florence to FS, Davis to Nickel, and enjoy the best secondary in the league. But watching the Jets move the ball today behind a "proven" line brought home the point that the game is won in the trenches.

Pennington, Martin and Moss looked that good because they have a very good line in front of them.