PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about the Texans talking smack?

KingKevo
09-14-2004, 10:19 PM
I had heard on the radio today that the Texans were talking smack after being beaten by the Bolts. Something about they were the better team and they gave the game away. Anyone hear anything about this, it really ticked me off. The chargers forced 4 turnovers and just flat dominated them in the second half, and we kept it close the first half. Just wonderin what everyone else thought

Thunderstruck
09-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Scoreboard. They lost at home to a team that went 4-12 last year because they didn't take care of the football, and they got outcoached. How many games did the Chargers give away the last 1.5 seasons?

Good teams don't turn the ball over four times.

sanluischargerfan
09-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Well I think that if you look at who made the plays and who didnít then you can tell who the better team is. It also helps to look at the score board. It shows up real clear on THE SCORE BOARD.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

geekster
09-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Which is exactly what Dom Capers said after the game:
ďThe Chargers came in and beat us with the formula that we feel is the winning formula. They did not turn the ball over. They had 11 possessions and thereís a big difference if youíve got 11 possessions with no turnovers and if you have 10 and have four turnovers. You just donít give yourself a chance."

Take the second-hand smack you hear on the radio with a grain of salt, (particularly if you are hearing it from Lee Hamilton or Jim Rome)... They get paid to talk and stir the pot.

TrumpetDude
09-14-2004, 10:50 PM
The AM 610 sports dudes out of Houston were talking about the game and I did not get the sense they were saying the Bolts did not win the game. 4 turnovers are 4 turnovers which were worked for by the Bolts - not given. Somebody got a glove or laid a wicked whack to initiate the fumbles or INT's for the Bolts. I did not feel disrespected by their broadcasts but then the coincidence of a Power Outage was too freaky at the end. This is a sign man !!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif