PDA

View Full Version : 05 Draft Preview - the9/18 edition

SanDiegoRon
09-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, here I am again for this weeks 05 Draft Preview… the weekend looks to be the precursor to the SEC title game with both East & West divisions on the line… Again, I’m targeting players that may be of interest in the Bolts future for DL, OL & WR, although I’m intrigued by this weeks CB & LB lineup…. So for starters…

Fri Uconn v Boston College 5pm ESPN2… well by now you guys are tired of me touting Mathias Kiwanuka DE 6-8 250 from BC… what should make this worth a few minutes of your time, will be watching Uconn’s Dan Orlovsky QB 6-5 225 throwing at BC’s Will Blackmon CB 6-0 200 while evading “kiwi”… Orlovsky is getting decent reviews and perhaps may make a rd 1 candidate… (some one may wish to trade up to get him)

Sat SDSU v Michigan 9am ESPN… we should have our VCR’s on for this one, it could be the “greatest” win in SDSU history, and it will showcase a couple of guys we’ve talked a lot about on these boards…Morrison & Edwards are obvious must sees, but a couple of other guys are worth mentioning for MI: Dave Baas (left) G 6-5 325 will likely be an early pick, a 2 time all Big 10… Pierre Woods OLB 6-5 245 will make for an interesting comparison to Morrison & McCoy… and Marlin Jackson CB 6-1 200 is in with the top 5 cover guys on the boards… all this talent and yet, although heavy underdogs, my money is on SDSU….

LSU v Auburn 12:30 CBS… Now, the first half of the SEC showdown, Western title hopefuls and THE game to watch… we saw LSU/OSU a couple of weeks ago, so it will be interesting to see how Whitworth, Wilkerson, Spears, and Webster do against a really good Auburn squad that features two of the best RB’s in college… Auburns’ “Cadillac” Williams & Ronnie Brown are expected to give LSU’s defense a real “run” for the money… we’ll get to see Marcus McNeil yet another very good OT 6-9 325 lead the way for them… also, take a peek at Carlos Rogers at cover corner 6-1 195… this is expected to be a close game/nail biter…

Oregon v Oklahoma 12:30 ABC… well, it’s easy to see why OK’s rated #2, they could be an NFL expansion team – just loaded… of note for Oregon, is one of Chargeroo & Foober guys - Haloti Ngata DT 6-5 345, is this Jamals new backup – could be… the list for OK is seemingly endless: Jamal Brown 6-6 320 ROT, perhaps the consensus #1 tackle on the board…Wes Sims LOT 6-5 310, perhaps a 2/3 rounder… Mark Clayton WR 5-11 190, the consensus #1 WR on the boards… Dan Cody 6-5 260 DE and Jonathan Jackson 6-3 238 DE are solid, and Cody would look great in a bolts uni… Vince Carter C 6-3 290 is the current #2… Lance Mitchell ILB 6-3 245 is projected high… Donte Nicholson S 6-2 210, should be something to watch, he could be the first S to go – great size and speed… and if that’s not enough, Antonio Perkins CB 6-0 190, perhaps THE best return man in college… but the “real sleeper” is Chijioka Onyenegecha CB 6-2 210, the top JUCO in the country and perhaps the best cover corner in America… we saw A.Rolle last week – this should be a great comparison… omg, is OK loaded or what… Carter v Ngata = special interest…

Florida v Tennessee 5pm CBS… the other half of the SEC showdown,, Eastern title hopefuls… this should be just too much offense for Florida to handle… look for Cedric Houston RB 6-0 220 (#5) and Mike Munoz LOT 6-6 315 to dominate Florida’s young DL… I know we have a lot of Munoz lovers on the forum...

So, this week we get to see some more players of interest… for me: “Kiwi”, of course… Morrison & Edwards… Whitworth, Wilkerson, and Marcus McNeil… Haloti Ngata against the cast of thousands… and Mike Munoz (if he can stay healthy)…

Rivers2Peele
09-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Demetrius Williams (WR) is another stud to watch for my DUCKS.