PDA

View Full Version : go bolts

glamiskid
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
can the bolts beat the jets

RAYRAY37
09-17-2004, 12:20 AM
on any given sunday anything can happen. go chargers.

sanluischargerfan
09-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: glamiskid
can the bolts beat the jets

Yes!!!!!!!

rrogers
09-17-2004, 02:08 AM
The Chargers can beat anyone on any week if the chargers are playing their game.

HeHateACC
09-17-2004, 02:38 AM
thats why they play the games

run21lt
09-17-2004, 07:39 AM
IF Drew Brees has an error-free game...

IF LaDaininan Tomlinson has a huge day...

IF the Bolts "D" can get in Pennington's face and shut Martin down...

Then the Chargers will beat the Jets (which if you try to type it too fast comes out Jest).

GO BOLTS!

Bob Eccles
Carleton, MI

Shamrock
09-17-2004, 07:59 AM
QB pressure, and shutting down the run.

We need to see OLB Phillips early and often vs. the Jets. When he was inserted into the game vs. the Texans, the whole intensity of the front seven on D changed. We've seen very few "difference makers" on defense in recent years, but from what I saw of him on Sunday, he's already one ....

BEACHWALKER
09-17-2004, 08:11 AM
shamrock your amazin.........your so amazin, where did you play your football at..

foober
09-17-2004, 08:15 AM
The Jets are a very good team. But yes if the chargers play a solid game they can win.

Shamrock
09-17-2004, 08:18 AM
BW,
If you have a problem, maybe you should spell it all out for us.

Maybe you should also use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

By the way, if you don't like my takes, I really don't give a damn. If you don't understand that a forum is for the fans to express their OPINIONS, then you obviously should find another area for amusement.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-17-2004, 08:47 AM
I cant spell real good and I cant puctuate very well either, I guess it has something to do with the ADHD but I try my best. Anyways, I dont think the Bolts D is as bad as advertised. They really picked it up in the second half against the Texans, like shut them down. The Texans didn't forget how to play all of a sudden, they got beat. I believe we will see a stronger D this week, as they have gone over the game film and have corrected the breakdowns of the first half. Brees may have to step his game up this week, I think he will have to throw more to win this one, with Gates emergence, it should help thw WR's get open. A couple quick strikes and the jets maybe playing catch up and take Martin out of the game. Special teams must play better on coverage, With welker gone I hope we can still gets positive yards on the kick offs and punts.

Thunderhead
09-18-2004, 12:37 AM
An Opportunistic defense is what you want. Attack attack attack.

But watch the penalties.

boltzman3
09-18-2004, 12:49 AM
remember how seau used to crowd the line.and always seemed to get to the ball befor it was ahnded off or the qb could get rid of it.!.why don't we send donnie in like that. he's got speed and power. just athought

geekster
09-18-2004, 01:04 AM
The Jets will come into town and do their best to play their A game - and their A game is pretty darn good.

Having said that - their run defense while improved in week 1 against the Bungles is still suspect. LT is going to give it the absolute "stress test" this Sunday - no doubt.

Communications within their secondary remains a problem and was one of the concerns their coach tried to address this week - but you can only do so much in a few days before you jump on an airplane and fly 3000 miles. I understand they flew out this afternoon - they would have been better served to get out of New York a couple of days earlier just to escape their own "groupies" - soon to be boo birds again. (Whoops, sorry for the smack but I have a growing detestation for anything in New York that doesn't wear blue and gold with bolts on it here lately).

Their wide receivers dropped entirely too many passes against the hapless Bungles... Again, their Coach tried to focus on that area - but you can only say hang on to the darn ball so many times in one week. (Sound familiar?)... We "could" generate a turnover here, but it will come from great hitting/stripping or effective "tip drill" execution - I doubt we will see an actual "clean" interception of a Chad Pennington pass unless his receiver falls down, gets caught up in traffic - or suffers alligator arms from Keil and Jammer laying wood to them all day long. Pennington is one accurate son of a gun with a quick release comparible to the Morino's of the world.

One place where the Bolts just may be able to excel is on teams - our gunners are absolutely fearless and there is a definite opportunity to create another turnover here.

Seriously - no real smack intended here - I really expect this to be one heck of a game and the opportunities for a Charger "W" are there.

TrumpetDude
09-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by: Shamrock
QB pressure, and shutting down the run.

We need to see OLB Phillips early and often vs. the Jets. When he was inserted into the game vs. the Texans, the whole intensity of the front seven on D changed. We've seen very few "difference makers" on defense in recent years, but from what I saw of him on Sunday, he's already one ....

I never realized until I saw the tape of the game on the computer that those dudes were making a real difference. They did not get on game day Ball and Philips but Philips had the sack and the defense stiffened after half time and those dude were playing - hard. Those dudes are playmakers in my mind but after watching the replays....they brought it. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Shamrock
09-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Trumpie,

Dingle didn't do squat for us, and having him miss this game might go towards reshuffling the playing time on the DL. I really want to see DQ Scott for a whole game at DE (with Ball getting some reps). I'd also like to see Phillips earlier, and see Cooper play some. Cooper really gets after the RB from sideline to sideline, and we seemed to be missing that vs. the Texans.

boltman
09-18-2004, 05:16 PM
i think brees will have to have a top performance for the chargers to beat the pets i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

go bolts

TrumpetDude
09-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Cooper was a nightmare for the offenses in preseason. He needs more playing time - Ball and Philips. This defense needs to read the screens and blown them up. I bet the Jets throw screens galore at the Bolts this weekend. I would until the Bolts learn to blow up the play. I have high hopes for D.Scott but the fires are waning and am getting settled in the fact he might be better off the bench. Maybe his abdominal pull is still affecting his play. Dingle just doesn't bring it. Another off the bench kind of guy for depth only. Adding the speed of Cooper and Philips and Ball will definitely pinch down the end arounds for sure. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif I can not believe a week has blown by since our encounter at Reliant.

boltman
09-18-2004, 05:17 PM
and you know LT will get his yardsi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

go bolts

Doc!
09-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Boltzman,

You can not compare Seau to Donnie. They are not in the same vicinity of talent. Seau had that ability to intuitively know what was going to happen. As good as Donnie is he doesn't have that. Seau knew when to get in there and when not to.

cboltfan
09-18-2004, 06:55 PM
i.just.want.to.say.that.i.remember.when.we.were.6-1.and.they.were.2-5.we.looked.like.the.much.better.team.but.a.44-13.loss.made.me.realize.that.on.sunday.anyone.can. win.dont.lose.hope.charger.fans.

Rob.from.sd.only.using.periods.cus.my.space.bar.do nt.work.lol.

goin.to.the.game.tomorrow.hope.we.kick.some.ass.wa shin.my.babyblue.tomlinson.jersey.right.now

TrumpetDude
09-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by: cboltfan
i.just.want.to.say.that.i.remember.when.we.were.6-1.and.they.were.2-5.we.looked.like.the.much.better.team.but.a.44-13.loss.made.me.realize.that.on.sunday.anyone.can. win.dont.lose.hope.charger.fans.

Rob.from.sd.only.using.periods.cus.my.space.bar.do nt.work.lol.

goin.to.the.game.tomorrow.hope.we.kick.some.ass.wa shin.my.babyblue.tomlinson.jersey.right.now

Now this is a classic post. The Bolt brothers' space bar is not working on his keyboard but he finds a way to post ONE PERIOD at a time. Dude - Nails.

You get a free bloody Beer from Trumpet_Man in the parking lot - Section F-2. Go Chargers !!!!!! i/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Doc!
09-18-2004, 10:00 PM
C-Bolt that is charisma man. 3 BOLTz to you! i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

The more I think about it the more I think the wets are going to have their hands full. I am expecting a close game. This could easily be a blowout if our D shows up strong. Man I am getting excited. I am gonna force some bar to get this game on their TV's tomorrow.

SuperCharger
09-18-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm not ready for reality to slap this team in the face just yet. Let's go with the flow. Plus, this is way too much fun and 2-0 would be much better. My Sunday wish- I really want to see the 2 hawkeyes (Dwight and Kaeding) kick some butt tomorrow and Drew get even more deceptive out there.. This game should be a good one.. and a great test. I can't wait..

Lets go Charger D!! i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Doc!
09-19-2004, 01:12 AM
I like your avatar super. Nice. 2-0 would be great. I love walking around up here in KC with my CHAW GAWz hat on!