PDA

View Full Version : Don't call it a payback!

benjee68
09-16-2004, 03:43 AM
brees...sayin there's a little payback in order for the jets embarrassing us a few years back on our yard!!

good. play with some ANGER!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20040915-9999-charge_scout.html
brees' payback video

rrogers
09-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Jets won't be easy because they do have an offense that could put up some points. If our secondary holds strong and Brees & LT have another good game I see the outcome going to the Chargers. I predict the Chargers 31 Jets 13.

benjee68
09-16-2004, 04:12 AM
our secondary i feel will be dependant on how well our dline and LB's pressure Pennington.

my main concern in this game; although, there are many, but my main concern is how well our dline and LB's are going to pressure Pennington. Sack him 3 times I'm hoping but more importantly getting in his face so he can hurry throws. our DB's are athletic enough to chase down there receivers and hopefully cause turnovers in doing so but applying pressure on pennington is the key i think. i'm not to concerned with stopping martin on the run. i'm thinking he'll run for about 65-70 yards on the ground. Pennington is more of a concern to me than martin.

on the other side of the ball...i'm eager to see LT run on this defense. they claim to be good...i'm sure they are...but i'm sure LT is ready and fired up and let's all hope brees lights a fire under LT's butt so he can run like the madman that he is.

we need 2 TO's and our dline and LB's have to be huge in this game. HUGE.

michael
09-16-2004, 09:57 AM
first and foremost...weve got to get in the habit of playing mistake free football. if we move forward from last week well be in good shape. no turnovers, very few penalties.

im the most gut wrenched with false starts, defensive holds, that kind of stuff. AFTER THAT, weve got to stop these NFL teams from moving the ball at will. its dibilitating. kudos to our D for making red zone stances last week on the clutch plays, but those plays we wont always come out on top of. weve got to do light years better at keeping them from getting that far down the field.

THE BIGGEST THING THAT MATTERS IS CONTROLLING BOTH LINES OF SCRIMMAGE.

if we win this game with good solid play, well start to see some of the respect were lookin for ladies and gents!!