PDA

View Full Version : If you live in SD

benjee68
09-16-2004, 03:47 AM
if you live in SD, this is a good opportunity to support the boltz...i along with madphlab try to make it down to 1 or 2 games per year and we live in the Central Coast! so my point is...if you live in SD, don't whine about the blackout...go to the game for crying out loud!

GO TO THE GAME, BE LOUD and SUPPORT THE BOLTZ!!!!

GO GO GO!

Boltman29
09-16-2004, 07:09 AM
I live in Illinois and can only wish that I had an opportunity to go to the Q to cheer on my boys. It sickens me when I watch a "home" game on Sunday ticket and hear more cheering for who we're playing than for us!!! C'mon SoCal Bolt fans- ROCK THE Q!!!

Jcharger5525
09-16-2004, 08:12 AM
I live in Charlotte, NC. I completely agree. I make it too plenty of panthers games, even though i dont like them nearly as much as the chargers. Black outs could ruin the franchise.

Ill be at the home panthers game vs the chargers

going for the chargers of course

IronMountain1960
09-16-2004, 10:12 AM
I've been buying 4 season tickets now for 34 years, I figure I could have had part ownership in the team if I had put it all down at one time. There is always a great seat and view at the stadium, and you can yell for the Chargers, and the neighbors won't think your nuts, its a lot of fun.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Duke
09-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Hey Bengee, do you have a media-center computer ? I was wondering if it's possible to record the game on your hard drive and download it to us over here. Maybe even as the game is being played. Wishful thinking I know but... Ya never know !

HBBoltFan
09-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Ok, I am a 11 year season ticket holder. This year with money being tight I split the tickets with a friend. He only wanted 3 of the regular season games and I figured I could handle that. Guess what? I can't. I love watching the team win or lose. So this past Tuesday I got tickets to this game and will probably end up going to the other two also. This team is my vice. I am happily addicted to it.

benjee68
09-16-2004, 10:38 AM
right on HBBoltfan...right on.

Duke...i can't. i didn't even know i could do such a thing with media-center on my computer. have no idea how or what that is.

i actually go to a local sports pub here...it's like Seaus'. Big screens and has all the games and a ton of diff fans. screaming and hollering every other minute. lol it's fun.

Duke
09-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by: benjee68
right on HBBoltfan...right on.

Duke...i can't. i didn't even know i could do such a thing with media-center on my computer. have no idea how or what that is.

i actually go to a local sports pub here...it's like Seaus'. Big screens and has all the games and a ton of diff fans. screaming and hollering every other minute. lol it's fun.

The new computers with media-center have tv cards already installed and you can record television with your hard drive. It was just a thought. Sounds like you got a cool place to hang up there during the game.Enjoy the underdog Chargers victory over the Jets !!!

Flowsomuch
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Seriously...real charger fans need to stop whining about the blackout because you need to get your butts to the Q and support OUR team. And if you don't get to watch, well, head to seau's and watch it there. Support the chargers no matter what! Peace!

benjee68
09-16-2004, 11:21 AM
That's cool Duke. Unfortuantely i just bought a new computer earlier this year. 21 inch viewsonic monitor and a speedy computer i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

besides, the game won't be televised up here...unless it's against the niners or the raiders.

and i ALWAYS enjoy rooting for the underdog boltz i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif it makes a victory even that much sweeter! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

WVBOLTFAN
09-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by: Flowsomuch
Seriously...real charger fans need to stop whining about the blackout because you need to get your butts to the Q and support OUR team. Support the chargers no matter what! Peace!Couldn't have said it better myself!!

RAYRAY37
09-17-2004, 09:36 AM
it's true we all should sell out the Q and show rams and raiders fans how to support your team. i'll be there.

yodafro
09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Blackouts are great. Without them the fans on the fence would have no incentive to go to the games. Right?
Problem is most people are unwilling to pay for something they are not accustomed to paying for. Well times have changed. I think as soon as this team turns the corner (were very close) more people are going to come in support of the Bolts. Think 94' That kind of enthusiasm. That would be great.

Triknique
09-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: IronMountain
I've been buying 4 season tickets now for 34 years, I figure I could have had part ownership in the team if I had put it all down at one time. There is always a great seat and view at the stadium, and you can yell for the Chargers, and the neighbors won't think your nuts, its a lot of fun.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Just like IronMountain, I have 4 season tickets as well (although not nearly as long). We started with two. and have graduated to 4. I am in total agreement that the whole game day experience supporting the bolts is awesome. For those of you on the fence, I definitely encourage you to get to a game or two. If you do get out, head over to section B2 in the parking lot to have a drink with us.i/expressions/beer.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
09-17-2004, 11:34 AM
I'd park my hindparts in a seat at the Q if I could, I loved going to the games when I lived in the Cajon Zone. I had season tics for quite a few years also. Now being back here in good old NC, I had to get season ticket. When I would go to the sports bars, I would be the only Bolts fan in the place. Unless i could get a tv of my own I still couldnt see the Bolts. IM glad I was able to get season ticket, now I can watch them in the comfort of my own home.

tarballed
09-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Anyone here have the ability to record bolts home games?

I used to be a season ticket holder. Four years to be exact. But recently, my work scheduled changed and I now work Sunday-Wednesday. On top of that, where I work, we have zero access to the internet or any radio for that matter. Before, it was easy. I could use record the game, Not so anymore.

As much as I wish I could go to the home games, my schedule does not permit me too. However, that will change by early next summer, when my project ends and I go back to Monday-Friday schedule.

I was hoping I could find someone to record the game for me. As time goes on, that is looking more bleek.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

doublej
09-17-2004, 01:40 PM
we'll be watching in florida. looking for a win and #42 to do us proud. we will be in SD for the first time ever soon, we will definatly need some advice on the night life!!!

Doc!
09-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Doublej.

You need to go to PB.

Please SD start selling out the games and treat our visitors with the respect they deserve in OUR HOUSE "the MURPH" ....................... NONE. Make it unbearable for an opposing team's fans to come to our house.

doublej
09-17-2004, 01:48 PM
PB?

Doc!
09-17-2004, 01:50 PM
oh shoot sorry. Pacific Beach. Cruise to point loma and hit Hard Rock and Mission Beach is a good place to go. Depending on your love for history and the time you will be in town there are a zillion places you need to see. But for a good time .... hit the beaches.

doublej
09-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info, will keep it in mind.

Doc!
09-17-2004, 01:55 PM
anytime

Thunderstruck
09-17-2004, 01:58 PM
I think most of the blackout complaints I've heard center around people living in the L.A./Riverside market who are still subject to the blackout rules (even though we don't get Charger games even if they do sell out.)

That being said, I'll be there Sunday with my brother at Plaza level 5 in Row 1...screaming our butts off.

shocku
09-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I would love for us to start saleing out all our games like in GreenBay and when that happens the games will also be on t.v.

p.s.for those who were talking abot recording games why don't you get Tivo??

buck35
09-18-2004, 02:30 AM
We are new comers as far as being Charger fans. Living in Monroe oHIo its tuff getting to any home games.
We did make it to Cincy game last year and had a great time at the Q and a little sports bar on Coronado island.
The owner was very accommodating to the four of us he opened early so we could watch the Buckeyes play rival Meatchicken. (Michigan) Needless to say the bloodymarys and screwdrivers were flowing that morning.
It was a sad ending for both teams that weekend but what the hell we had a great time and meant alot of nice folks that made us feel welcome being Bucknuts from oHIo.
We do catch the games at a local buffalo wings & rings restaurant. The place has big screens and smaller sets with all the NFL games so give us a wave Sunday and be loud.
See ya at Indy in Dec.
Bucks & Boltz fo life