PDA

View Full Version : What the heck?

tupacalot
09-16-2004, 11:05 AM
I was just watching ch. 8 and they just ran a quick add advertising the Chargers vs. Jets at 1:00 PM on local Ch. 8. It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I hope they've sold out or something.

RAYRAY37
09-16-2004, 11:07 AM
IF THAT IS TRUE, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. ALL OF SOUTHERN CAL. WOULD BE WATCHING THE CHARGERS. YES

benjee68
09-16-2004, 11:10 AM
hey what's up tupac.

i heard the there was a time restriction on buying the remainding of the tickets...so i'm assuming alot of people went and bought them before the deadline.

why aren't you going to the game? i hear scalma and a few others are going. Little Charger should be going to. in fact every charger fan should go to the 1st game if your living in SD i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

RAYRAY37
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I'LL BE THERE FROM CORONA. GO CHARGERS.

tupacalot
09-16-2004, 11:12 AM
I would benjee, if I wasn't in such crunch right now. I'm in the process of starting UCLA though and there's been too many expenses. Oh well. Once I'm there at least I won't have to deal with this crap.

xnet
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
My friend Steve went to get tickets a few days ago and he said that there wasn't much to choose from. Hopefully that means that it's a sell out. Now, if only Charger fans would come to the game in a sea of blue. That's one of my biggest annoyances... Charger fans that don't show up in Charger colors.

Also... if you're a charger fan and you're bringing a date, and your date is Charger clueless... better let them know that we're blue and gold!!!!

tupacalot
09-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO
My friend Steve went to get tickets a few days ago and he said that there wasn't much to choose from. Hopefully that means that it's a sell out. Now, if only Charger fans would come to the game in a sea of blue. That's one of my biggest annoyances... Charger fans that don't show up in Charger colors.

Also... if you're a charger fan and you're bringing a date, and your date is Charger clueless... better let them know that we're blue and gold!!!!

Yeah that's the wierd part. I was considering buying tickets about 3 or so weeks ago and only the crappy ones were left (at least in the 60 dollar range). Do they replay the games?

Flowsomuch
09-16-2004, 11:16 AM
season ticket holder right here! see you fans at the Q. And i'm pretty impressed to meet charger fans out of san diego. You got more props from me than the busters here in SD that are other team's fans. Peace yo!

Chargers2112
09-16-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm coming from Riverside, I'll be in the parking lot eating by 8:30!

xnet
09-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by: tupacalot
I would benjee, if I wasn't in such crunch right now. I'm in the process of starting UCLA though and there's been too many expenses. Oh well. Once I'm there at least I won't have to deal with this crap.

You can watch the game at McCabes Bar & Grill in Santa Monica. Over 11 Charger fans there last time (didn't get an exact head count).

McCabe's Bar & Grill
2455 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404

(310) 264-9704

tupacalot
09-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO

You can watch the game at McCabes Bar & Grill in Santa Monica. Over 11 Charger fans there last time (didn't get an exact head count).

McCabe's Bar & Grill

2455 Santa Monica Blvd

Santa Monica, CA 90404

(310) 264-9704

Unfortunately I don't think so

http://www.directvsports.com/asp/active/Blackout_Info.asp?ZipCode=90404

tupacalot
09-16-2004, 11:28 AM
BTW, *** is up with the thursday deadline. Is the NFL too uncapable and stupid to extend the deadlines all the way until Saturday. I think so.

JonSD
09-16-2004, 11:44 AM
According to Scott & BR this morning (ok ok Bulldog and BR) there are still 14,000 tickets out there and the game has to be sold out today by 1:15pm. It doesn't look good for those that aren't going to the game... But for those going I'll be there with...

Originally posted by: Flowsomuch
season ticket holder right here! see you fans at the Q. And i'm pretty impressed to meet charger fans out of san diego. You got more props from me than the busters here in SD that are other team's fans. Peace yo!

Denace my man whats up!

psych0girl
09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Most likely it's the FCC. From what I heard, the FCC implemented alot of this crap and the NFL pretty much goes with it. But ya, that is pretty crappy!

SDRaiderH8er
09-16-2004, 11:59 AM
BTW, *** is up with the thursday deadline. Is the NFL too uncapable and stupid to extend the deadlines all the way until Saturday. I think so.The NFL is huge, and this policy has been in place for a very long time.

When the City had the Ticket gaurantee going, people complained how much the City was spending

Now that the Chargers and the City have taken the gaurantee away, people complain.

Buy A ticket and go to the Game, that way you are gauranteed to watch the Game

JonSD
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Amen RaiderH8er, ironic how things turn out isn't it.

psych0girl
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
exactly. Spend your money on the game, not the city's money. I'm a poor grad student and I scrounged the cash together for tickets. It's possible

blackjack21
09-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Loan, that is

blackjack21
09-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Darn, that was my excuse, well, poor college student anyway. More like I have to pick and choose my games, or just use my student load for charger ticketsi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TemeculaMike
09-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: psych0girl
Most likely it's the FCC. From what I heard, the FCC implemented alot of this crap and the NFL pretty much goes with it. But ya, that is pretty crappy!

FCC has nothing to do with the Blackout. This is an NFL policy that effects all NFL franchises. If the NFL wanted to it could eliminate the rule. The NFL owns TV broadcasting rights and completely dictates how and when its product will be shown on TV.

If you don't want to go to the game and sit in uncomfortable plastic seats and drink $7.00 beers, fly/drive to Vegas and watch the game at a sports book. Heck, bring your wife and make it a weekend - depending on your gambling skills it may even cost less i/expressions/wine.gif

SDRaiderH8er
09-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by: psych0girl
exactly. Spend your money on the game, not the city's money. I'm a poor grad student and I scrounged the cash together for tickets. It's possible
Beleive me I feel for each and everyone, This is the first Year I am not able to make my Season Tickets, this would of have been my 25th Season.

In May my Wife lost her Job, and I was and am still unable to make any further Season Ticket Payments.

So I to am unable to watch my Team at Home. I feel your pain, as I too suffer the same Heartburn, heartache, headache, and any other pain you feel.