PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Practice

yodafro
09-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Words of advice... Don't plan on trying to watch the Chargers practice. It makes the front office uncomfortable. I work at FedEx and discovered this really great spot overlooking the Chargers practice facility. So I decided to check it out today during lunch. Bad idea... Apparantly they like to keep a lid on their practices. I guess can understand why, for all they knew I might have been a scout working for the Jets. I'm just a fan that was hoping to get a glimpse of what to expect this Sunday. Clinton Hart looks solid, he has some speed. From what I've heard he can also make great open field tackles. I was disapointed I didn't get to see more of Wes Welker but maybe he didn't fit well in our system. Anyway, our team looked sharp in practice today. I'm very impressed with all the adjustments that have been made during the offseason. I think this might be the year we take the AFC west.

dgjock
09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
good to hear i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

PedroOFSD
09-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Good call on the use of the i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif in the title of your post...... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

yodafro
09-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Bond...James Bond

foober
09-16-2004, 04:37 PM
the chargers should be very careful of scouts scouting the team. I noticed in the game against the texasn last weekend that it seemed the texans knew just how to attack both the offense and defense of the chargers in the first half. Don't underestimate other teams using scouts information on how to attack the chargers.

geekster
09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Funny, I was thinking this morning that its too bad the Charger practices are closed or I'd go down and get a look at our "newest Bolt".... Thanks for the report yodafro - it makes me feel a bit better about this aquisition.

yodafro
09-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I think they made a solid aquisition getting Hart. The Chargers have been lacking at Free Saftey. This guy is the kind of shut down Safety we have really missed since Rodney Harrison departed. I hear he's a project though because he's still a little raw like Gates is but is very coachable and a natural athlete. He's got allot of upside plus he can probably make an impact right away on special teams.

geekster
09-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Looks like Hart has excelled at FS - and that is where I'd like to see him kept. I let a comment pass about moving Keil to FS - just too uninformed to bother responding to.

When you spotted him - was he lined up at FS or SS???

yodafro
09-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Free Safety

bluehair
09-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by: foober
the chargers should be very careful of scouts scouting the team. I noticed in the game against the texasn last weekend that it seemed the texans knew just how to attack both the offense and defense of the chargers in the first half. Don't underestimate other teams using scouts information on how to attack the chargers.

No. Other teams have always known how to coach against us because of our past play calling and stale schemes. RUn RUn pass, run run pass. run run pass. run run pass. run run pass.