PDA

View Full Version : Here in Philadelphia

PhillyFan
09-21-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm probably the only person, out of all the fans of football in general, who has two teams that he cares for on an equal level. The Chargers and the Eagles. As a matter of fact, I do have a hard time watching that matchup, because either outcome is kind of bittersweet. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to see a Chargers and Eagles Superbowl matchup though. Anyway, are there any Charger fans in Philly or am I it. I see alot of younger kids walking around waering Charger merchandise, but I'm sure tha only because of the style.

RAYRAY37
09-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Cool any Charger gear is better than none. Love to hear that people wear Chargers gear outside of SoCal.

HellsBells
09-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Two teams??

PhillyFan
09-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey, is there really any other sport worth watching.

Johndbr
09-23-2004, 08:44 AM
San Phildadelphiego

You get 2 points for creative spelling i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

John B.

PhillyFan
09-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Thank You, Thank You very much!

PhillyFan
09-23-2004, 11:18 AM
However, I still haven't heard if there are any Chagers fans in Philly, besides me.

Johndbr
09-23-2004, 02:54 PM
you should have never exported the Philly Cheese Stake sandwich, now the can live here {well realy there, I am in Santa Clara Ca. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif } and still enjoy it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

John B.

PhillyFan
09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey Johndbr,

Your making the Philly Cheese Stake sound deadly. Do you mean cheesesteak?

TheOriginalBOLTS4LIFE
09-27-2004, 05:31 AM
PhillyFan.

I lived in Philadelphia for 2 years and graduated from the Art Institute of Philadelphia.
Man, I miss those cheesesteaks. Jim's on 3rd. and South is the best!!!

Here in San Diego we have the Carne Asada Quasidia. It's like a cheesesteak in tortilla.

greg
09-27-2004, 07:49 PM
hey i'm a huge fan i live in horsham,i have been a fan for 25 years.
:bolt;

PhillyFan
10-04-2004, 12:49 PM
I became a fan in 94, the year they went to the Superbowl against the 49er's. I just remember watching the Chargers all season, and constantly hearing every sports commentator babble on about how the Chargers were lucky, and they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Every win, in my opinion, was an F You to all the Sports idiots. And, that's basically what turned me on to one of the best teams in the NFL.
I say one of the best because, I was born and raised in Philly, so of course I have a loyalty to the Eagles as well.

Chargersfan88
11-03-2004, 08:59 AM
MAKE THAT 2 CHARGERS FAN IN PHILLY HOME BOY

PhillyFan
11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: Chargersfan88
MAKE THAT 2 CHARGERS FAN IN PHILLY HOME BOY

Glad to hear it. What part of town are you from?

NarbRafe
11-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey, its good to know that there are at least 2 other Charger fans in Philly. I'v been a Charger fan all my life and havent changed to an Eagles fan yet even though its been 10 years since i moved here from San Diego.

PhillyFan
11-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm watching the all of the games up at Jillian's at Franklin Mills mall. I wear my CHARGERS hat and EAGLES jersey. Jillian's really is the only place that I know that I can catch all the games.

PhillyFan
11-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Hey! All you philly Bolt fans, come on up to Jillians this Sunday, there's a Raiders fan who works there, and he is typically there every Sunday. He hates everything about the EAGLES too. Also, the EAGLES and CHARGERS games will be on at the same time again. Which kind of pishes me off, because I like being able to focus on one game at a time. Oh well, twice as much fun for me, watching my 2 favorite teams beat the pants off of their opponents.

Thunderstruck
11-16-2004, 02:01 PM
So what are you gonna do if it's Eagles vs. Bolts in the superbowl this year?

Hey! It could happen! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PhillyFan
11-17-2004, 12:08 AM
I'll just sit back with a big smile on my face, and love every minute of it. However, and don't ban me for this, I was born in the town of the EAGLES, and grew up with the Birds, so I might find myself leaning towards them to win the game. Come on, 3 frickin years in a row, the prize has to fall eventually.
Besides, I'd absolutely be rooting for the BOLTS in next years SB. Yeah! They'll be there next year as well.

DarkLager
11-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by: PhillyFan
I'm probably the only person, out of all the fans of football in general, who has two teams that he cares for on an equal level. The Chargers and the Eagles. As a matter of fact, I do have a hard time watching that matchup, because either outcome is kind of bittersweet. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to see a Chargers and Eagles Superbowl matchup though. Anyway, are there any Charger fans in Philly or am I it. I see alot of younger kids walking around waering Charger merchandise, but I'm sure tha only because of the style.

A friend of mine is an Eagles fan and I'm a Chargers fan. However, the Eagles are my second favourite team and the Chargers are his second favourite team. If both of them faced off in the Superbowl, it would be great! At least no media teams like Miami, Dallas or Denver would be in there.

PhillyFan
11-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: DarkLager

A friend of mine is an Eagles fan and I'm a Chargers fan. However, the Eagles are my second favourite team and the Chargers are his second favourite team. If both of them faced off in the Superbowl, it would be great! At least no media teams like Miami, Dallas or Denver would be in there.

Great to hear from ya, where ya posting from.

DarkLager
11-27-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by: DarkLager

Great to hear from ya, where ya posting from.
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

njjunior
11-28-2004, 10:20 PM
hey... your not alone... big chargers fan down here in deleware.

PhillyFan
12-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Alright all you San Phialdelphiego CHARGLES fans, let's here frrom you. Where are you watching the game tomorrow? You can catch me up at Jillian's at Franklin Mills mall, in the video cafe, sitting at the bar. I'll be the guy wearing my Dawkins jersey and my CHARGERS hat, along with my CHARGERS field jacket. IT'S GONNA BE A SWEET DAY! GO CHARGERS! GO EAGLES!

XKhalilX
12-07-2004, 07:15 AM
I live in FL currently, from NJ, and CONSIDERING BIG TIME a move to Philly to become a firefighter. I have loyalties with chargers and lions haha

PhillyFan
12-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by: XKhalilX
I live in FL currently, from NJ, and CONSIDERING BIG TIME a move to Philly to become a firefighter. I have loyalties with chargers and lions haha

Hey, back in 94 when I became a CHARGERS fan, I told a guy working in a sports store at the beginning of the season that the CHARGERS and the Lions would be playing each other in the SB that year. After the season was over, I found myself back in that store looking for CHARGERS merchadise, and the guy remembered me, and what I said. He tried to discredit me, then I reminded him how I was half right.

PhillyFan
12-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Okay, I'll do this again for any local San Philadelphiego CHARGLES fans out there. I'll be up at Jillian's at Franklin Mills mall watching the CHARGERS and EAGLES both win tomorrow at the same time. If you feel compelled to make your way there, you'll find me sitting at far right side of the bar wearing my EAGLES jersey and CHARGERS hat.

powderblue
12-18-2004, 04:20 PM
actually phillyfan, im from there TOO! i have been an eagle fan for so long and sat through the worst years ever. but i switched my fav. team to the bolts when they got flutie and lt.

guimcharger
12-20-2004, 04:26 PM
keep up being a charger fan.

greg
12-22-2004, 09:36 PM
i watch the games at the turf club in n.e. philly rosevelt mall . been a fan since 1978.... thick and thin lose or wini/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

georgehayes
12-27-2004, 06:20 AM
i'm from san diego originally, huge bolts fan, just moved to philly a few months ago. there are a couple guys from here that are probably flying out for the first playoff game, then (fingers crossed) driving out to pitt for the 2nd round. if any of you have myspace, join the charger fan club there http://groups.myspace.com/eastcoastchargers GO BOLTS!!!!

degeiso
12-27-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm a chargers fan in philly (west chester, pa) have been for over 15 years. I like the eagles too, but I'm die hard bolts baby! always will be! Anyone wants to chat let me know, degeiso@comcast.net
By the way, we should get people together for the chargers game here in philly next season! Let me know whos up for that, if I get enough people together, we can go in our chargers gear like a mob without fear of getting the crap kicked out of us by drunk eagles fans! haha

Luke

PhillyFan
01-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Well I got to have the best setup for Saturday nights victory over the Jets. I'll be watching it at a bonfire in Bucks County, PA. Actually, the bonfire will be outside, and I'll be glued to the tv inside.

GO CHARGERS! Can't wait to buy my 2004 AFC Champion merchandise.

georgehayes
01-06-2005, 02:14 PM
where are the philly charger fans watching the playoff game against the jets? anyone wants to watch together can call me 267-240-1112 or email georgehayesrogers@hotmail.com

powderblue
01-06-2005, 02:22 PM
pennsylvania is the greatest place on the earth.

PhillyFan
01-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by: georgehayes
where are the philly charger fans watching the playoff game against the jets? anyone wants to watch together can call me 267-240-1112 or email georgehayesrogers@hotmail.com

I'd invite you along to the bonfire, but other than being a CHARGERS fan, I have no idea who you are.
Sorry. Actually, it would be funny, because one of my friends who will be at the fire is a Raiders fan.
Yes, I am friends with with the person.

georgehayes
01-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Where is the Philly brotherly love??? I'm a diehard chargers fan, what more do you need?? Though a bonfire sounds like a weird way to watch the game. Unless there is beer there, preferrably to throw on the raiders fan if he makes a sound

PhillyFan
01-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by: georgehayes
Where is the Philly brotherly love??? I'm a diehard chargers fan, what more do you need?? Though a bonfire sounds like a weird way to watch the game. Unless there is beer there, preferrably to throw on the raiders fan if he makes a sound

Hey the Raiders fan was truly pulling for the CHARGERS yesterday, and he didn't even have money on the game. Oh there was plenty of beer, we even had a turkey dinner spread set up as well. YUM!

Donnie
01-11-2005, 02:03 PM

Really i like the chiefs chargers and packers the same also im from a suburb of philly

PhillyFan
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: Donnie

Really i like the chiefs chargers and packers the same also im from a suburb of philly

I'm living it up in Hulmeville.

PhillyFan
01-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey guys! Anyone have plans for the EAGLES game on Sunday. I might be a my usual watering hole again. That being Jillian's.

PhillyFan
04-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Now that we know the schedule, who's going to the Philly game?

njChargerFan82
04-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Not in Philly, but just across the river in Jersey. Been a huge fan since the Fouts days of 82. I will be trying to get tickets to the game at "The Link" and 2 weeks later up in Giants stadium against the Jets.
I'm glad to hear there are some Charger fans in this area :D

PhillyFan
04-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Not in Philly, but just across the river in Jersey. Been a huge fan since the Fouts days of 82. I will be trying to get tickets to the game at "The Link" and 2 weeks later up in Giants stadium against the Jets.
I'm glad to hear there are some Charger fans in this area :D
I'll be hitting the same games, and the Washington game(Which I might be able to get a free ticket to, I know someone, who knows someone).

As far as getting tickets to the EAGLES game, seriously, price absolutely does not matter to me. Hell, I've been to 2 CHARGERS home games in the past 4 years.

Jersey Guy
04-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Grew up in San Diego but have been living in South Jersey for 20 years now. Die hard Charger fan but can't stand the Eagles. Put them right up (or should I say down) there with the Raiders. Watch every game and hope to get to a few local games this season.

PhillyFan
06-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Just dusting off the old thread here.

Ack! Cough! COUGH!

sslane67
06-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Well I wish I could say the cavalry is coming to Philly in Oct 2005 to help all the Philly Charger fans but its not. Just a San Diego native (huge Charger fan) with 2 poor Philly fans. Can't wait for the game!! We have plane tix, car rental, housing but no game tix yet. If anyone is doing a Charger rally that day let me know, I will be there. My Philly fan friends flying out with me say that I will be killed at the game if I were all my Charger stuff, I laugh. I have survived many Charger/Raider games at the "Q" (or the Murph for us older fans) and in Oakland... bring on Philly.

PhillyFan
06-24-2005, 08:24 PM
$70.80 for one ticket in section 241 between the 10 and 20 yd lines.

I'M THERE BABY!:-()

Xnjgirl
06-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Well I wish I could say the cavalry is coming to Philly in Oct 2005 to help all the Philly Charger fans but its not. Just a San Diego native (huge Charger fan) with 2 poor Philly fans. Can't wait for the game!! We have plane tix, car rental, housing but no game tix yet. If anyone is doing a Charger rally that day let me know, I will be there. My Philly fan friends flying out with me say that I will be killed at the game if I were all my Charger stuff, I laugh. I have survived many Charger/Raider games at the "Q" (or the Murph for us older fans) and in Oakland... bring on Philly.
Hey, I am a huger Charger and Eagles fan, being from south Jersey, and you will be CRUSIFIED if you were your CHarger stuff at that game! THe Charger/Raider games are a walk in the park compared to what the Philly fans can do! Wish I were going to that game, it would be a blast! Good luck!

PhillyFan
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey, I am a huger Charger and Eagles fan, being from south Jersey, and you will be CRUSIFIED if you were your CHarger stuff at that game! THe Charger/Raider games are a walk in the park compared to what the Philly fans can do! Wish I were going to that game, it would be a blast! Good luck!

Being a fan of both teams does present a small problem........Who do I wear to the game?

Answer....I've already decide long ago not to wear any fotball gear to the game. I'm just going to enjoy the game. If the CHARGERS hapen to make some terrific plays, of course I'll cheer, to my inner self.

PhillyFan
06-25-2005, 07:28 PM
How about that, I just bought another ticket for the CHARGERS/Jets game at the Meadowlands in Nov. Anyone else going to this one.

chrg fan
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Flying from San Diego to Philly to watch the chargers eagles at the end of October and get togethers before the game?

timmynogimmie
08-02-2005, 03:08 PM

i am a hugh charger fan, the biggest fan pa. has those of you who claim to be charger / eagle fans....no such thing you cant be both...eagles fans are the worst fans in the country, they beat each other up at the games, and forget about the guys wearing opposing jerseys....you can have a colts jersey on at a eagles dallas game and they will give u #$%^. advice from a charger fan ........wear your gear, and in the parking lot you will hear all kinds of stuff from threats to possibly getting attacked by a tailgating drunk who doesnt know anything about football, he just knows you arent on his side ...once you get in the linc. if your sitting on the eagles side, you will get pummled by beer the whole game and especially if the chargers are winning, and if someone yells at you, i would ignore them because they are looking for reasons to fight...the chargers side of the field is ok, but your still gonna get a beer bath, and hear verbal threats....my advice dont wear your gear and celebrate quietly, or dont go....... i hate the fact that my favorite team is 4000 miles away but i will never sway from the bolts, i am a diehard for life, but as sad as it is, the bolts will be 20 mins from me in less then 2 months and i cant go enjoy watching them play live because im not stupid enough to pay 400 bucks to take that kind of abuse. p.s. i have lived in pa my whole life born n raised, and have always been a charger fan dating back to when i was about 10-12 years old and got interested in football. fouts to winslow, muncie, air coryell days. i have the best game in football ever filmed , on dvd..1982 chargers/dolphins playoff game......early prediction. chargers 24 eagles 17 goodluck if you go to the game.

Tycebrew
08-02-2005, 03:47 PM
i am a hugh charger fan, the biggest fan pa. has those of you who claim to be charger / eagle fans....no such thing you cant be both...eagles fans are the worst fans in the country, they beat each other up at the games, and forget about the guys wearing opposing jerseys....you can have a colts jersey on at a eagles dallas game and they will give u #$%^. advice from a charger fan ........wear your gear, and in the parking lot you will hear all kinds of stuff from threats to possibly getting attacked by a tailgating drunk who doesnt know anything about football, he just knows you arent on his side ...once you get in the linc. if your sitting on the eagles side, you will get pummled by beer the whole game and especially if the chargers are winning, and if someone yells at you, i would ignore them because they are looking for reasons to fight...the chargers side of the field is ok, but your still gonna get a beer bath, and hear verbal threats....my advice dont wear your gear and celebrate quietly, or dont go....... i hate the fact that my favorite team is 4000 miles away but i will never sway from the bolts, i am a diehard for life, but as sad as it is, the bolts will be 20 mins from me in less then 2 months and i cant go enjoy watching them play live because im not stupid enough to pay 400 bucks to take that kind of abuse. p.s. i have lived in pa my whole life born n raised, and have always been a charger fan dating back to when i was about 10-12 years old and got interested in football. fouts to winslow, muncie, air coryell days. i have the best game in football ever filmed , on dvd..1982 chargers/dolphins playoff game......early prediction. chargers 24 eagles 17 goodluck if you go to the game.

I think your OVER-exxagerating a little. I have been to the Old Vet stadium for a Chargers-Eagles game and it wasn't that bad. Yeah, I heard verbal lashings while wearing my gear in the stadium, but you will practically get that at most opposing stadiums. I did not get a beer bath, nor was I even close to getting in an altercation that could have resulted in a fight. I understand that the Eagles division games are more fierce, but so our ours (home and away).

I have been to games at Cleveland (twice), JAX, Oakland, Bears, Saints, Ravens, Carolina and never had anything more than a good old natured ribbing from opposing fans. And hey, anyone wearing a charger jersey who can make it out of Oakland stadium alive, can easily come out of a Philly game alive. :Beer:

PhillyFan
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Hey! All my fellow Philly CHARGERS fans, who's going to the CHARGERS/jets game? Trying to organize a CHARGERS tailgating party, on the lot, with fellow NY CHARGERS fans. So chime in, and let us know if you want in. Either here, or on the NY CHARGERS fans thread.

By the way, any of you Connecticut, and Delaware CHARGERS fans that may be going to the game are invited as well.

timmynogimmie
08-11-2005, 02:10 PM
I think your OVER-exxagerating a little. I have been to the Old Vet stadium for a Chargers-Eagles game and it wasn't that bad. Yeah, I heard verbal lashings while wearing my gear in the stadium, but you will practically get that at most opposing stadiums. I did not get a beer bath, nor was I even close to getting in an altercation that could have resulted in a fight. I understand that the Eagles division games are more fierce, but so our ours (home and away).

I have been to games at Cleveland (twice), JAX, Oakland, Bears, Saints, Ravens, Carolina and never had anything more than a good old natured ribbing from opposing fans. And hey, anyone wearing a charger jersey who can make it out of Oakland stadium alive, can easily come out of a Philly game alive. :Beer:

ok well then you sat in a good place, because surely if you sat at the vet in the 700-800 level which was the rowdiest of all eagles fans, they would have done more then just verbally abuse you, but let me also throw in : how many other stadiums in this country have a courtroom and jail built into their stadium? the linc is 1. and its not because fans are cheering or verbally abusing fans. i will admit, the linc is much calmer then the vet, and as i had said you will get more crap outside then you will inside, but enough about that, football season is upon us, tonight, pre season starts, chargers/green bay, time to watch the new guys perform , cant wait. go bolts.

PhillyFan
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey, just thought everyone might like to know where to see a CHARGERS jersey sighting this upcoming Friday night. I'll be at the Journey concert in Holmdel, NJ, at the PNC Arts Bank Center. What better place to wear the Jersey then right smack in the middle of Jets, and Giants fans.

booman55
08-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey! All my fellow Philly CHARGERS fans, who's going to the CHARGERS/jets game? Trying to organize a CHARGERS tailgating party, on the lot, with fellow NY CHARGERS fans. So chime in, and let us know if you want in. Either here, or on the NY CHARGERS fans thread.

By the way, any of you Connecticut, and Delaware CHARGERS fans that may be going to the game are invited as well.

Hey I got 4 tickets for the Jets game. I know a bunch more people from UT board are coming as well.

Go Bolts!

PhillyFan
08-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey I got 4 tickets for the Jets game. I know a bunch more people from UT board are coming as well.

Go Bolts!

Cool, check out the tailgating thread. You'll see that we're trying to organize a tailgate party at the Meadowlands. Gotta let the biplanes know who they're playing that day.

gmf46car
11-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Yo! just joined board, and live right outside Philly and most importantly a Huge Super Chargers Fan!

PhillyFan
11-26-2005, 07:10 AM
Yo! just joined board, and live right outside Philly and most importantly a Huge Super Chargers Fan!

Hey! Glad to read you. Welcome aboard, and GO BOLTS!, and EAGLES!

gmf46car
11-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey! Glad to read you. Welcome aboard, and GO BOLTS!, and EAGLES!

Go Bolts, but sorry, even though I grew up 5 minutes from the Vet, I dont like the Birds!

Its the Banner, Lurie & Reid thing I dont like

JERSEYCHARGERFA
11-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey philly fan

Have the same problem here is south Jersey

Am surprised that there is another Charger fan so close

PhillyFan
12-30-2005, 05:30 AM
To all of my fellow, philly area, CHARGERS fans,;

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

chargerbaby95
01-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Charger fan originally from Philly!!!

DIMEBOLT
09-08-2006, 06:26 PM
born in S.D:Bolt:
i lived in n.e philly for 5 years and still working in philly for the past 11 years.then moved to pennsauken(chargerville)nj. i wore my L.T jersey all week after eagles shut him down:Bolt:
i wore it on every billboard i climbed during the week.
that was the most respect i got from all my eagle friends:Bolt:
i remember how angry i was when all the wagon jumpers wore their L.T jerseys the week before the eagles game. then i barley saw any the week after.
philly charger fans send me a message.let me know what corner bar you guys hanging at:Bolt:

PhillyFan
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
At work in Newtown at the moment, but I will be at Casmiri's restaurant, and bar in Bensalem, PA before kickoff tonight.
Cheap beer, and a free halftime buffet. Only problem with the buffet is that I don't know which game they'll put it out for.

PHILLY BOLT FANS ARE BACK !

Thinking about picking up a Merriman jersey this year as well.

JERZEY SUPRCHGR
09-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Well Im in South Jersey I live 40 min from The Eagles stadium. Im not a Eagles fan but have nothing against them. I couldnt get good seats last year when we played the Eagles

PhillyFan
09-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Okay, the new season is well under way, and the CHARGERS are where the belong, On Top Of The AFC West!

So where do my fellow Philadelphians watch the games?

You can find me at Dave and Busters, up at Franklin Mills mall every Sunday. Not sure how much longer that will last though.

PhillyFan
11-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Well PhilaBOLTians, how have you been faring this season, so far. Hopefully just as good as the CHARGERS. I'm still hangin out at D&B's, and the cool thing is that another fellow BOLT fan has started to show up for the games as well. One fan at a time, we'll have that place rockin with midnight blue, and yellow soon enough.

Sunday nights are usually pretty dead up there even with the SNF game playing, so I might be the only one cheering as the BOLTS take another win.
If any of you care to journey up for the game, let me know in here.

Hell, I haven't ruled out just watching the game at home though, as I will have been at D&B's for 7 + hours by the time the game comes on.

ap181706
11-15-2006, 08:09 AM
I am originally from North Jersey. I started liking the Chargers when I was 7 because I started getting into football and realized that I didn't like either the Giants or Jets. I actually picked the Chargers randomly from a pack of trading cards (Courtney Hall, Topps 1991 to be exact). I have been a Charger fan, the only one that I know of from my area, ever since.

Last year I graduated from Saint Josephs University and I am currently there for another year getting my M.S.

I was at the Chargers-Eagles game at the Linc last season. That was rough; my fiancee, who is an Eagle fan from South Jersey, was upset that the Eagles were going to lose towards the end of the game. My Charger-sense of impending doom, which I think I picked up from buying a Ryan Leaf jersey after he was drafted, told me otherwise. As we all know, Kaeding's kick was blocked and an Eagle picked it up to run it back for a TD. Just to seal the deal, and to make sure the rest of my day was ruined, Caldwell subsequently fumbled preventing the Chargers from being able to line up for a potential game winning FG.

Oh well, now the Chargers are 7-2 and the Eagles lost to a team that lost to Houston twice.

PhillyFan
11-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I am originally from North Jersey. I started liking the Chargers when I was 7 because I started getting into football and realized that I didn't like either the Giants or Jets. I actually picked the Chargers randomly from a pack of trading cards (Courtney Hall, Topps 1991 to be exact). I have been a Charger fan, the only one that I know of from my area, ever since.

Last year I graduated from Saint Josephs University and I am currently there for another year getting my M.S.

I was at the Chargers-Eagles game at the Linc last season. That was rough; my fiancee, who is an Eagle fan from South Jersey, was upset that the Eagles were going to lose towards the end of the game. My Charger-sense of impending doom, which I think I picked up from buying a Ryan Leaf jersey after he was drafted, told me otherwise. As we all know, Kaeding's kick was blocked and an Eagle picked it up to run it back for a TD. Just to seal the deal, and to make sure the rest of my day was ruined, Caldwell subsequently fumbled preventing the Chargers from being able to line up for a potential game winning FG.

Oh well, now the Chargers are 7-2 and the Eagles lost to a team that lost to Houston twice.

Good to hear from you. It would be better if went easy on the EAGLES though. ;)

ap181706
11-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Good to hear from you. It would be better if went easy on the EAGLES though. ;)
Hey, I have to go easy on the Eagles, because if I don't my brother-in-law, my fiancee and my fiancee's entire family will stop talking to me!

PhillyFan
11-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Happy as a pig in pigstuff here in Philly tonight.

554ever
12-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't live in Philly I'm about an hour and a half north/northeast between the city and the Poconos.

I also follow the Eagles (NFC) and the Chargers (AFC) but I have to say my heart leans more to SD.

PhillyFan
12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
So! Philly fans, where are you hiding, I feel like I'm the one who has to keep this thread going. Please prove me wrong, and let me hear from you. It would be cool to get a group together sometime to watch a game. I know it's pretty darn late in the season to be talking about this now, but hell, there's still 6 games left.

PhillyFan
01-03-2007, 08:01 PM
So how's about a Philadelphia area CHARGERS tailgating party? Only problem I have at the moment is knowing when the game will be played, because I'm already going to a party next Saturday night, the 13th(Christmas Tree burning). So hopefully it will all play out next Sunday instead, and if anybody is interested we can do a takeover at some local bar, or entertainment center, and let everyone know who will be the Champs of SB 41.

faninphilly
01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi, I am originally from SD but lived in philly for the last 4 years. I'm in Center City right now and I have been looking for a bar to go to where there might be chargers fans but have yet to find one (surprise surprise).

This season just been going to the fox and hound to watch games not on national TV but definitely looking for a bar to go to for the playoff games where there might be some chargers people.

PhillyFan
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi, I am originally from SD but lived in philly for the last 4 years. I'm in Center City right now and I have been looking for a bar to go to where there might be chargers fans but have yet to find one (surprise surprise).

This season just been going to the fox and hound to watch games not on national TV but definitely looking for a bar to go to for the playoff games where there might be some chargers people.

Don't know if you feel like driving up to Dave and Busters in the Franklin Mills Mall, but that is my normal hangout. This season has been pretty dead up here, and considering the fact that the EAGLES play Saturday night, D&B will really be empty come Sunday afternoon. So if any other CHARGER fan from the area want a place to have free reign over then come on up. I'll be the guy wearing my #21 jersey at the bar.

kutsie2
01-09-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm a chargers fan in philly (west chester, pa) have been for over 15 years. I like the eagles too, but I'm die hard bolts baby! always will be! Anyone wants to chat let me know, degeiso@comcast.net
By the way, we should get people together for the chargers game here in philly next season! Let me know whos up for that, if I get enough people together, we can go in our chargers gear like a mob without fear of getting the crap kicked out of us by drunk eagles fans! haha

Luke

Born in West Chester myself!! Went to Westtown Thornberry until my family moved out here in the late 70's. Switched my natural born allegance from the Eagles to the Chargers in the 80's (once I was old enough to understand these things!!) and have been a devout Charger fan ever since but do keep the Eagles as my "backup team"!!

chargrgrl55
01-10-2007, 12:38 PM
All you Philly Charger fans need to come to PIttsburgh on Sunday for my Charger Playoff Party ;P

civicmon
09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey I'm going to resurrect this thread and ask:

Where are my Philly-based Chargers fans watching the games these days?! I see the hats and jackets on occasion, so I know some of you are out there. This thread is from 2007 but trying to see if there's anyone active here on the forums in Philly.

njjunior
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
What's going on to all my dearly beloved Bolt fans.... I'm here on the east coast and can not find any other Charger fans to watch the game with ... HORRIBLE... TRULY HORRIBLE... Is there any Charger fans anywhere close from Baltimore to Philly??? Or does anyone know of a bar that some of us might get together at ????

JerrodL
09-29-2009, 06:20 AM
I am here in South Jersey. I moved here from Hawaii 7 years ago...I like the weather. Any other Bolt fans want to get together and watch games in the Philly or South Jeresy area, I am all for it. :helmet

civicmon
09-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Dave & Buster's on Columbus in Philly has the games, as well as the Fieldhouse by Reading Market in Center City, Philly. I saw the Ravens game there and they have a ton of TVs. Taylor's in Cherry Hill, NJ should also have the games on when the Eagles are not playing.

I'm down to go to the Fieldhouse again to watch some games with some fellow Bolts fans. They have a ton of TVs and showed every game at 1pm, even with the Eagles getting destroyed by a former Bolt gone very good.

It's just north of Market on Cuthbert, I think, between 12th & 13th. This game is nationally televised, but I'm down to go. This place isn't extremely cheap though, $5 pints of Yuengling. Anyone down?

PhillyFan
11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Time to bump this whereabout thread. It's been a long time since the Philly area fans have spoken around here.

PhillyFan
11-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm finding myself up at the Hulmeville Inn(Just north of Bensalem, PA) these days, due to the fact that the corporate bars(Dave and Busters), have raised the beer prices higher than I care to pay.

The huge downside to the Hulmeville is the smoking. It's a great bar, but It will get extremely cramped during the games, and a great majority of the patrons smoke.

But, heck, for a couple of weeks now, I've just stayed at home, and followed all the games on the Red Zone channel.

PhillyFan
11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
HEY PHILLY! Who's going out to the game this weekend?

BlackwaterNYC
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm in for any and all mid-atlantic philly get-togethers. Been in philly for a year now and miss the "in enemy territory" comraderie.

bolt for life
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I am a Chargers fan here in Philly! (Bolt for Life Ride or Die!) Actually heading to San Diego tonight for Eagles-Chargers this sunday. I wear the Bolt loud and proud and was at the Meadowlands last sunday vs the Giants (Eli Sucks!!!) what a great game if you were a Chargers fan and there was plenty!:helmet:logo:17:

PhillyFan
11-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I missed the Giants game, but yesterday's game was a thrill. I loved hearing the silence of EAGLES fans after the game, and waiting for the trolley.

scalepasser
11-29-2009, 09:27 AM
been charger fan 30yrs and loving it

TiggersMom
12-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Hey Phillyfan!

Yep, I'm here too! I live about an hour away from Philly, near Quakertown. Being a San Diego girl in Eagles territory isn't easy but in my house, we proudly represent our home team San Diego Chargers!

I love my BOLTS :logo

Donna

bolt for life
08-24-2010, 10:17 PM

I live in philly and am a Huge Chargers fan. from time to time i also go to Fox & Hound but i also travel to NY the watch with the NYC Chargers Fans Club which will be watching games at Metro 53. You guys should come to check it out.:17:

jerseyboltfan
08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Sorry Bolt For Life, Metro53 in NY barely lasted 1 preseason game. It's back to MJ Armstrongs this year, but that's a good thing.

ChargersNJ27
12-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Die hard Chargers and Phillies fan! I live right outside of Philadelphia my uncle in SD got me hooked on the Chargers by sending me a new jersey every year for xmas since I was 4.. I'm trying to like the Eagles more but its so hard when you already love a team!