PDA

View Full Version : What Rivers needs to see is Heart and Commitment

flutiemania
09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
The only way from a rookie to learn is by watching a winner like Flutie, Flutie may not win more games than Brees, but he will teach Rivers how to make a true commitment to the game and imrove his mental and Physical condition. NOBODY can argue with that logic.

Brees is a whinner and he is a "selfish helmet thrower" that negative defeatist attitude transmits to the rest of the team.

Flutie has watced this team be unsucessful for the past 2 years with him on the bench, and you still see Flutie helping on the sidelines and carrying the clip board and helping call O-plays. He is genuinely committed to the game, even if Brees is younger he does not posess Flutie's commitment and vison.

Rivers need to learn from that example and also that every game can be won, regardless. That attitude that Flutie has is CONTAGIOUS....why let Bree's attitude contaminate the team like this and then "Poison" Rivers understanding of the game.

Give Rivers the medicine this team needs at this point in time and that is a true passion and love for the game, Brees just wants a job....he is not a true Charger, the rest of the Chargers see this. Even the coaching staff knows this. why do you think Flutie is still there at 42 years of age.

Also, wat advantage is there for Brees to help Rivers, its a compettion...lutie will be a coach one day and his career is amost over....he has every reason to want to leave a postive legacy through Rivers, think about it. Brees is in jeaprody of losing his job to Rivers. I would not be surprised if Rivers and Brees do not even talk.....you Know Flutie is helping that kid, because he is an anmazing human off and on the field....he has been a teacher his whole life, his child is autistic and that says a lotabout him as a father figure. Let Flutie help Rivers.

By the way did you know that Flutie had knee surgery this training camp, he did not get a full opprtubnity to win the startig job as he was rehabing his knee during most of the training camp.

But forget all of that, the writing is on the wall Brees is gone, othewise the Chargers would not have drafted Rivers...so let's get on with this future everyone talk about and put Brees to bed.

JNText

SuperMatt
09-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Flutie is a sparkplug off the bench, but at this point in his career, heck, almost all the way through his NFL career he has been nothing more than that. His small size makes it too difficult for him to throw from the pocket. He had his chance to take this team places and did not get it done. I love having him on the team and I love his heart and spirit, but he is NOT the answer to the QB question for the Chargers this year. I'm sorry.

He might even be a better influence to Rivers off the field, so he can help him break down what Brees just did and why it was right/wrong.

flutiemania
09-23-2004, 02:06 PM
I know you and I are die hard Charger fans, so we are on the same page....but we both know that Brees will not make this a winning year for the bolts, but at least if Flutie can show Rivers what it means to lead a team through example we have some hope for the future. Personally, there is no advantage watching Brees tank a season, flutie can do that without all of the negativity that comes with Bress being Brees.

Know what I mean, Brees is a bad example of "cool" under pressure or taking coaches decisions (ok Shotty sucks) but the coach is the coach....a good QB always accpets that and regardless of a bad decision like pulling Brees after a TD pass, he was right to do it, because Flutie gave the tea a glimmer of hope....what if that short kick worked? The Chargers could have won that game in a miracle....would Brees have done that? No way.

I know that Flutie can teach Rivers and probably is, but actually seeing Flutie being succesful will add to his wisdom that I know he is giving to Rivers.

I heard rumors that brees does not like advice from Flutie, that kind of arrogance is detrimental to the team. Hence the vigor that Flutie brought to the game last Sunday, the guys rallied around him, even though he may not have been exceptional, his intangible abilities and power of positivity made that drive (yes I admit it was in the soft zone) possible. But do you really think that they wanted SD to score, give me a break....they could have lost on the ensuing short kick, no coach or player wants to take that chance.....everyone wants to bury a team....besides CornerBacks always look for those easy late picks to pad the stats....nobody could catch Flutie, despite his wobbly throws, which oddly found their mark in crucial third down situations.

Brees will win no more games that Flutie....visa versa....so why not let Flutie teacher Rivers via example and not just words and advice, seeing is believing.

JN

Tomlinson21
09-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by: flutiemania
I know you and I are die hard Charger fans, so we are on the same page....but we both know that Brees will not make this a winning year for the bolts, but at least if Flutie can show Rivers what it means to lead a team through example we have some hope for the future. Personally, there is no advantage watching Brees tank a season, flutie can do that without all of the negativity that comes with Bress being Brees.

Know what I mean, Brees is a bad example of "cool" under pressure or taking coaches decisions (ok Shotty sucks) but the coach is the coach....a good QB always accpets that and regardless of a bad decision like pulling Brees after a TD pass, he was right to do it, because Flutie gave the tea a glimmer of hope....what if that short kick worked? The Chargers could have won that game in a miracle....would Brees have done that? No way.

I know that Flutie can teach Rivers and probably is, but actually seeing Flutie being succesful will add to his wisdom that I know he is giving to Rivers.

I heard rumors that brees does not like advice from Flutie, that kind of arrogance is detrimental to the team. Hence the vigor that Flutie brought to the game last Sunday, the guys rallied around him, even though he may not have been exceptional, his intangible abilities and power of positivity made that drive (yes I admit it was in the soft zone) possible. But do you really think that they wanted SD to score, give me a break....they could have lost on the ensuing short kick, no coach or player wants to take that chance.....everyone wants to bury a team....besides CornerBacks always look for those easy late picks to pad the stats....nobody could catch Flutie, despite his wobbly throws, which oddly found their mark in crucial third down situations.

Brees will win no more games that Flutie....visa versa....so why not let Flutie teacher Rivers via example and not just words and advice, seeing is believing.

JN

Amen to both of you guys for sticking to what your heart says and not putting stats, age or whatever...people like to think Brees is the next Trent Dilfer....NOT! I'll take heart and committment and that definitely is something Flutie has that is just admirable.

Guarantee you...we'll see a new QB in Week 4.

Tomlinson21
09-23-2004, 03:34 PM
You see Brees on the sidelines during timeouts??? His demeanor is so annoying (Helmet half off...using his squirt bottle to the very last drop as if he really broke a sweat handing off to LT all day...please. Only to get picked off!!!!!).

Thunderstruck
09-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Umm...Funny I don't hear Flutie complaining about his role or anyone else's. Only his fans complain about Flutie's role.

Tell me what Flutie has done since he's been with the Chargers to make anyone believe he would be any better than Brees. Let's see...he got off to a good start in 2001 and then faltered in the last ten games. He was benched in 2002. In 2003, he played very well against the Vikings, then did nothing else after that.

Flutie is a mediocre starting QB.

flutiemania
09-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by: Tomlinson21
You see Brees on the sidelines during timeouts??? His demeanor is so annoying (Helmet half off...using his squirt bottle to the very last drop as if he really broke a sweat handing off to LT all day...please. Only to get picked off!!!!!).

I do see that and the "helmet throwing" its embarassing.

I can tolerate someone like Jerry Rice throwinghis helmet because he does not get the ball thrown to him when he is open, he's a competitor....that is obvious.

But when Brees throws his helmet its just disgusting, he has ben given every cahnce in the book, enough already, the future is now.

Like someone said we will all be dead in the future therefore let's get on with it and put Brees out to pasture.

I am only saying this as a Charger Fan, I know for an absolute fact that my 30+ years of charger fanship is a lot more than what Brees offers...do you think he was ever a charger fan, no way. Its a pay cheque to him, and that is cool....but I want rivers to love the Chargers and the only guy that can make him love this team and play well is Flutie and his class. I am not delusional to believe that we will win the super bowl with Flutie, but we ALL know it won't happen with the lost cause that Brees is.

JN

Thunderstruck
09-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Give me a break dude. Anyone who spells it "cheque" is not a lifelong charger fan. You're a flutie fan. Don't try to hide it.

Sorry dude, but Flutie was given every chance to lead this team and he proved himself to be......mediocre. No better than Brees.

Brees may ultimately fail in this league, and Rivers is definitely the future, but please stop with this nonsense. Flutie isn't going to do any better.

flutiemania
09-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
Umm...Funny I don't hear Flutie complaining about his role or anyone else's. Only his fans complain about Flutie's role.

Tell me what Flutie has done since he's been with the Chargers to make anyone believe he would be any better than Brees. Let's see...he got off to a good start in 2001 and then faltered in the last ten games. He was benched in 2002. In 2003, he played very well against the Vikings, then did nothing else after that.

Flutie is a mediocre starting QB.

In 2001, Flutie broke Fouts passing yardage record for a single season....did you know that?

Yes, Now Flutie at 42 is an Average QB, which makes him better than 15 other starting QBs in the league, but Brees is last, so when you have two or thre choices, what do you do....?

Give Flutie the forum to help Rivers and let Rivers and him share the season. It used to be the norm for teams to give a half to the young and old QBs...it helped develop a lot of players inthe 70's and it mightwork here, hell even if they start Brees and throw in the other two to put the other Defences off balance that might be a brilliant move....the Chargers would be really tough to prepare for wouldn't they.

By the way, nobody is suggesting flutie is the future, just a good eacher for Rivers....who is the immediate future of teh chargers...and should be.

I also do not believe that Rivers is the messiah, but we have to put our hopes elsewhere, as Brees is a BUST.

JN

flutiemania
09-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
Give me a break dude. Anyone who spells it "cheque" is not a lifelong charger fan. You're a flutie fan. Don't try to hide it.

Sorry dude, but Flutie was given every chance to lead this team and he proved himself to be......mediocre. No better than Brees.

Brees may ultimately fail in this league, and Rivers is definitely the future, but please stop with this nonsense. Flutie isn't going to do any better.

If you look in a dictionary "cheque" is as correct as Check you illiterate jerk.

Also I HAVE been a Charger fan for 30+ years and grew up watching Fouts.

A real Charger fan does not PUT-DOWN another Charger fan.....as if I had to choose a team why would I pick one that is losing the past several years.

Lighten up and stick to the issues.

Go Chargers

Thunderstruck
09-23-2004, 04:05 PM

In 2001, Flutie broke Fouts passing yardage record for a single season....did you know that?

Okay, now you're proving yourself to be ignorant. Either that our you're just lying. Fouts threw for over 4,800 yards in a single season at the peak of his career. Flutie only fell about 1300 yards short of that. Fouts threw for over 4,000 yards in a season THREE times. He threw for over 4700 yards TWICE. Flutie? Never. Not once. Fouts also threw for 33 TD's in a single season. Flutie? Not even CLOSE. Go to this link and look at 1979, 1980, and 1981. Then look at 1984 and 1985, and you'll see that even when Fouts career was winding down, he was STILL better than Flutie. Fouts was AVERAGING almost 300 yards a game passing for a LONG time.

Fouts Career Stats (http://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/foutsdan.shtml#stats)

Yes, Now Flutie at 42 is an Average QB, which makes him better than 15 other starting QBs in the league, but Brees is last, so when you have two or thre choices, what do you do....?

Brees is last? That's your opinion, and it isn't backed by facts.

Give Flutie the forum to help Rivers and let Rivers and him share the season. It used to be the norm for teams to give a half to the young and old QBs...it helped develop a lot of players inthe 70's and it mightwork here, hell even if they start Brees and throw in the other two to put the other Defences off balance that might be a brilliant move....the Chargers would be really tough to prepare for wouldn't they.

Now you're just campaigning. Waving the pom-poms.

By the way, nobody is suggesting flutie is the future, just a good eacher for Rivers....who is the immediate future of teh chargers...and should be.

If Rivers wants to learn from Flutie, Flutie is right there on the sideline, holding the main clipboard.

I also do not believe that Rivers is the messiah, but we have to put our hopes elsewhere, as Brees is a BUST.

Again, this is your opinion, and you're entitles to it. But don't make up records out of whole cloth. Flutie couldn't hold Flouts' jockstrap.

Thunderstruck
09-23-2004, 04:10 PM
If you look in a dictionary "cheque" is as correct as Check you illiterate jerk.

Sure...it's correct. In CANADA. Americans don't spell it that way.

Also I HAVE been a Charger fan for 30+ years and grew up watching Fouts.

Is that why you thought Flutie broke Fouts' single-season passing record in 2001, you ignoramus? Any Charger "lifelong" Charger fan would know that Flutie doesn't even begin to approach Fouts' passing prowess.

A real Charger fan does not PUT-DOWN another Charger fan.....as if I had to choose a team why would I pick one that is losing the past several years.

A real Charger fan would care more about the team than a single player, you schmuck. We all know you're here to bow before the Flutie idol.

Thunderstruck
09-23-2004, 04:32 PM
All you have to do is read the above 4 posts to see that flutiemania does not even have a vaguest recollection of how unstoppable the Chargers passing machine was when Fouts was QB. He just had his entire preconception of reality completely ROCKED by truth, and he can't handle it. I imagine he was thinking to himself, "I'll talk about how I grew up watching Fouts--that'll make these dumb-a55 charger fans think I'm a lifelong fan." But it's obvious he has no clue--probably couldn't pick Fouts out of a lineup. If you really did grow up watching Fouts, you would know without any doubt that Flutie does not, has not, and never even took the first baby steps towards approaching Fouts level of skill.

Chargeroo
09-23-2004, 04:52 PM

JN
That's a complete fabrication. Flutie passed for 3,464 yards that year. Fouts did better than that in five different seasons. Fouts holds the team record at 4,805 yards. Flutie wasn't even close.
In fact, the guy that you seem to hate so much, Brees, passed for 3,284 yards in 2002, that was his first year to start in the NFL and he was only 180 yards less than Doug. Your perception of the QB situation is warped by your interest in Doug.

As for Rivers learning by watching Doug - I can't see how Rivers could ever be the same type of QB that Doug is. Rivers is more like Dan Fouts was, stand in the pocket and fire it with a lightening quick release. Doug could do Rivers more good by talking to him about what defense he sees at the snap and telling him why the play did or didn't work. When Doug goes in he scampers around and runs with the ball in a fashion that Rivers will never be able to do.

As for your statement about how Doug and Drew get along - you're wrong on that too/ There have been numerous articles about them being friends. In fact, Drew said when he and his wife became engaged, the first person he called that night was Doug. He looks on Doug as kind of a big brother.

You're probably a nice guy but you really aren't very aware of the Chargers situation at QB. I expect all of these Brees or Flutie arguments will soon be old business because Rivers will be taking over soon and he'll do more for this team than either Flutie or Drew ever did.`
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here they are, hating each other -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/woodtr/DougnDrew90.jpg

Threadkiller
09-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I know you and I are die hard Charger fans, so we are on the same page...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This guy has been a "Charger fan" since Dougie signed with us. "30+ years" my ass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

dgjock
09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif funny thread

Shamrock
09-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Brees is a whinner ....

There's no "h" in winner.

Where did you cut and paste that from?

Johndbr
09-23-2004, 07:02 PM
OMG are you new here? Number one flutieflake? Brees has shown more hart and commitment than this team has seen in YEARS. Knowing he is being dogged by a number one pick in the draft and that the coaching staff would prefer Rivers to him, he still never gave up. He came in and worked doubly harder than any other QB here, including Flutie and Lemons. He even stuck it out here during rookie camp, when not only did he not have to be here, he could not even practice with them, but Rivers saw him everyday. Not in practice I grant you, but well within eye sight. Always working out and honing his skills, gearing up for the QB competition that he was sure to come during camp. Who knows what would have happened if Rivers signed on time and made it to camp, but he didn't. Between his agent playing high ball and AJ playing low ball, he missed the entire camp and handed the Job to Brees and where was Futie during all this? Playing sick bay commando, recovering from surgery. And why did need surgery??? Did he throw out his arm with a hail mary saving a close game? NO, did he hurt himself in a desperate scramble for a first down to keep a drive going in the last minutes of a tied game? NO Was he even double stuffed by one of leagues top defenses trying to save a game for the clutches of defeat???? HELL NO!!! He got hurt in training camp during none contact drills. Why do you keep trying to get flutie to start? do you really hate him that much? Flutie is only good off the bench for a quick spark and his exp. Even then we are playing with fire when we let him in the game, one good double stuff and he could be crippled for life. Do you really want that? God I hope not.

Brees had one bad game folks, how about giving him a real chance before trying to drop kick him into the Arena League? He has earned the chance and is trying to make it work with a totally revamped team. Momma said there would be days like this, deal with it.

John B.

HellsBells
09-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Brees or Flutie arguments will soon be old business because Rivers will be taking over soon and he'll do more for this team than either Flutie or Drew ever did.`

How exactly do we know this? College and the NFL are two WAY different leagues. I don't believe that you can assume who will be great, and who won't. I still can't see myself wearing a Rivers jersey in two years...

My opinion...

TrumpetDude
09-24-2004, 12:07 AM
The only way from a rookie to learn is by watching a winner like Flutie, Flutie may not win more games than Brees, but he will teach Rivers how to make a true commitment to the game and imrove his mental and Physical condition. NOBODY can argue with that logic.

Brees is a whinner and he is a "selfish helmet thrower" that negative defeatist attitude transmits to the rest of the team.

Flutie has watced this team be unsucessful for the past 2 years with him on the bench, and you still see Flutie helping on the sidelines and carrying the clip board and helping call O-plays. He is genuinely committed to the game, even if Brees is younger he does not posess Flutie's commitment and vison.

Rivers need to learn from that example and also that every game can be won, regardless. That attitude that Flutie has is CONTAGIOUS....why let Bree's attitude contaminate the team like this and then "Poison" Rivers understanding of the game.

Give Rivers the medicine this team needs at this point in time and that is a true passion and love for the game, Brees just wants a job....he is not a true Charger, the rest of the Chargers see this. Even the coaching staff knows this. why do you think Flutie is still there at 42 years of age.

Also, wat advantage is there for Brees to help Rivers, its a compettion...lutie will be a coach one day and his career is amost over....he has every reason to want to leave a postive legacy through Rivers, think about it. Brees is in jeaprody of losing his job to Rivers. I would not be surprised if Rivers and Brees do not even talk.....you Know Flutie is helping that kid, because he is an anmazing human off and on the field....he has been a teacher his whole life, his child is autistic and that says a lotabout him as a father figure. Let Flutie help Rivers.

By the way did you know that Flutie had knee surgery this training camp, he did not get a full opprtubnity to win the startig job as he was rehabing his knee during most of the training camp.

But forget all of that, the writing is on the wall Brees is gone, othewise the Chargers would not have drafted Rivers...so let's get on with this future everyone talk about and put Brees to bed.

JNText

This take is soooo far off the radar that we will need to invent a new radar system. The cancer and poison and other takes are just way wrong and the kind of stuff the Boston Globe reporter last weekend tried to spew. We put her in her place as she was way off base trying to create animosities where none existed for her own pure sadistic and rumor mongering pleasure. Wow. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
09-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Wheew, why did i read all that.i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

optout
09-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Wow FlutieMania. You hit the target dead center. Brees may have shown some commitment, but I don't see any real heart. Brees might show some on the outside, but this mofo has to dig deeper. Slamming your helmet around crying, ranting and raving, concussion or no concussion is not the way to express it nor show it. I am really surprised that alot of the veterans in here look at this topic with one eye shut. C'mon how much more opportunity do you need to be a successful QB in this league? You either got it or you dont!

radwang
09-24-2004, 10:21 AM
OMG are you new here? Number one flutieflake? Brees has shown more hart and commitment than this team has seen in YEARS. Knowing he is being dogged by a number one pick in the draft and that the coaching staff would prefer Rivers to him, he still never gave up. He came in and worked doubly harder than any other QB here, including Flutie and Lemons. He even stuck it out here during rookie camp, when not only did he not have to be here, he could not even practice with them, but Rivers saw him everyday. Not in practice I grant you, but well within eye sight. Always working out and honing his skills, gearing up for the QB competition that he was sure to come during camp. Who knows what would have happened if Rivers signed on time and made it to camp, but he didn't. Between his agent playing high ball and AJ playing low ball, he missed the entire camp and handed the Job to Brees and where was Futie during all this? Playing sick bay commando, recovering from surgery. And why did need surgery??? Did he throw out his arm with a hail mary saving a close game? NO, did he hurt himself in a desperate scramble for a first down to keep a drive going in the last minutes of a tied game? NO Was he even double stuffed by one of leagues top defenses trying to save a game for the clutches of defeat???? HELL NO!!! He got hurt in training camp during none contact drills. Why do you keep trying to get flutie to start? do you really hate him that much? Flutie is only good off the bench for a quick spark and his exp. Even then we are playing with fire when we let him in the game, one good double stuff and he could be crippled for life. Do you really want that? God I hope not.

Brees had one bad game folks, how about giving him a real chance before trying to drop kick him into the Arena League? He has earned the chance and is trying to make it work with a totally revamped team. Momma said there would be days like this, deal with it.

John B.
================================================== =================
Johndbr,

I agree with you. We need to give Brees some quality time, besides he should not be the only one to blame. The defense will need to step up and not give up. It's just one bad game, hang in there folks.

BELLAI
09-24-2004, 11:18 AM
i have watched flutie in the usfl, the cfl (hall of famer all the way) with buffalo,
brees or rivers, listen and watch him he lives by example. help yourselves
to his buffet of talent, skill and experience. he is willing to share as a pro and
a great humanitarian, take your bowl of flutie flakes and grow into the winners
you can be.be quick because this is limited time offer. salary cap and age will
force the gm to move him or lose him. go charger go.

Chargeroo
09-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by: HellsBells

Brees or Flutie arguments will soon be old business because Rivers will be taking over soon and he'll do more for this team than either Flutie or Drew ever did.`

How exactly do we know this? College and the NFL are two WAY different leagues. I don't believe that you can assume who will be great, and who won't. I still can't see myself wearing a Rivers jersey in two years...
My opinion...
Ok - there is some wishful thinking and some "I'm trusting AJ" involved in that statement. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Believe me, I'm well aware that many college QB's never cut it in the NFL. I hope and trust that Philip Rivers will remind us of Dan Fouts though. - Nothing wrong with a little hope and trust.

For now though, Brees is our QB. He had one decent game and one bad one so far this year. Let's see what he does in the next few games before we bring in the hangman. I doubt he can do any worse against this Denver team than Flutie did last year - that was a disaster.

toalsonj7
09-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Some of you guys make me laugh so hard. We are talking about a 42 year old qb. How many hits do you think his old body can take behind that unproven charger line? Flutiemania claims, "The only way from a rookie to learn is by watching a winner like Flutie, Flutie may not win more games than Brees, but he will teach Rivers how to make a true commitment to the game and imrove his mental and Physical condition." With that logic, why would you pull your starting qb if you have already admitted that he may not win more games than Brees. Secondly, what makes flutie this huge winner that you keep speaking of? Third, your cognitive distortions suggest that because Flutie is committed, he should play. I bet that all the third string players in this league love that logic (I am committed, therefore I should play). We aren't talking about a Troy Aikman type qb, who still had some game in him before retiring......we are talking about a guy who really got famous for one pass (the hail marry at BC), coupled with a successful career in Canada. Correct me if I am wrong (which I could be), but wasn't Flutie the one who got beat out by Rob Johnson in Buffalo. That makes more than one coach who doesn't think he can cut being a succesful started in this league. Give up on it already. You are a fan of Flutie; that is great. However, you have to recognize that this conversation is stale already and it is only the third week of the season. Why don't you use all that energy to support who we have in right now.

BELLAI
09-24-2004, 12:35 PM
true dude. rob did beat out flutie. but is he not the water boy for ganon
in oakland or is he waiting for his unemployment check in the mail. second
the head coach in buffalo at that time was an offensive genius mmmm.
what was his name? oh ya he just got the defensive coach position in sd.
the only thing i want is to put a couple of wins on the board 8 for 2004, 11
in 2005, and division champs 2006, super bowl rings for all chargers 2007.
rivers will be the one , brees will help and flutie can teach them as qb coach.
lets not beat ourselves up. maybe we can clone fouts by then. toon in
on sunday and support our bolts. have agreat weekend i'm out

HellsBells
09-24-2004, 12:43 PM
If Brees didn't start, I would rather see Rivers over Flutie.

SuperMatt
09-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: HellsBells
If Brees didn't start, I would rather see Rivers over Flutie.

Same here.

Not that I have anything against Flutie, I respect how he has carried himself throughout his Charger career and I love watching him run around trying to make something happen in a one-sided game. However, the upside with Doug seems very little, he's in the twilight of his career and has not had overwhelming success as a QB in the NFL (winning-wise). He has led some nice comebacks when he comes in as a relief pitcher, but when teams have time to prep for him, they shut him completely down.

Rivers is our future. Everyone knows that. I'd rather see him gets some relief experience if it's required after week 6 or so.

BradinRaleigh
09-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Just checking in from Raleigh, where Phillip Rivers gave us 4 amazing years and enough highlight reels to fill a bus. Phillip knows how to win. After he has spent a few weeks in the system, watch him take over! He's the future, all right, and all of us in Raleigh,North Carolina will become Charger fans when Phillip takes the controls. Be prepared to be winners in SD!!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

HellsBells
09-24-2004, 09:09 PM
I didn't say he would be great though...

TrumpetDude
09-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by: BradinRaleigh
Just checking in from Raleigh, where Phillip Rivers gave us 4 amazing years and enough highlight reels to fill a bus. Phillip knows how to win. After he has spent a few weeks in the system, watch him take over! He's the future, all right, and all of us in Raleigh,North Carolina will become Charger fans when Phillip takes the controls. Be prepared to be winners in SD!!!

We are more than ready. I want to see Rivers NOW !!!!!! i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif