PDA

View Full Version : pain and confidence

SDynasty
09-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Everybody that wants PR in the game now or soon maybe over looking the fact that the speed of the game is faster than he is used to. Is our Oline and pass cathcing crew any better now than when Drew got here. If you think so...then you aren't comparing apples to apples give Drew the chance to work with a good line and somebody that can catch.

If PR takes a lot of hits early in he can get busted up and if you aren't getting busted up, you are running for your life. You will be prone to hurry because you are thinking about getting popped. When you hurry bad decisions aren't far behind. Enough bad decisions and you have no confidence, a player that could have been the savior now needs to be saved.

What we have here is a mess, for a # of reasons Bethard, the salary cap, free agency, the Spanos' Marty, Cam. Will we ever just committ to winning and build an organization?

minion
09-23-2004, 11:54 PM
speaking of getting popped i hope we all saw Eli Manning get the *!&% kicked out of him in week 1

man i don't think that tape could ever get old

SDynasty
09-23-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll drink to that

TrumpetDude
09-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Now what happens when Drew gets traded in Week 6 and Rivers has not even sniffed a regular season game and neither has Cleo Lemon. We are forced to start Flutie and having a $60 million dollar Q.B. with NO regular season reps. Doesn't that make you a bit nervous ?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

minion
09-24-2004, 12:16 AM
we arn't trading brees

i think Marty said and please correct me if i'm wrong that we are sticking with drew for the season

and i think if we trade anyone it will be flutie

Thunderstruck
09-24-2004, 12:29 AM
I don't think Marty has made any sort of commitment to Drew for the year. And it doesn't make sense for the Bolts to carry 4 QBs. Flutie is very cap-friendly now, and Brees will be a UFA after this year. The Bolts won't be able to justify keeping Rivers on the bench for long. All the signs point to Brees being the guy on the block.

TrumpetDude
09-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by: minion
we arn't trading brees

i think Marty said and please correct me if i'm wrong that we are sticking with drew for the season

and i think if we trade anyone it will be flutie

Marty never made this comment. A.J. made a very tell tale comment in the Union about the Q.B. situation at 4 on the roster. Flutie is cap friendly for 3 years. If we do not trade Brees by the 6th week of the season, the Chargers will get nothing in return. I would rather get something than nothing and let Rivers and Flutie battle it out.

i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

flhayz
09-24-2004, 02:16 AM
Brees: Hit the road jack.
Rivers: Time to get broken in!

Bolts4Life21
09-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Minion, you can't honestly say that you believe the words the come out of Shotty's mouth can you????

foty89
09-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I donít know that I would really be in favor of starting Rivers soon. My concern is that he be ready when we put him it, at least to the point that he knows the players he will be playing with.

I donít know for sure, but how many reps with the first team can he be getting as the third stringer? He needs these reps to get everything down.

I think that if Brees is traded, which is still possible, Flutie will start a game or two while Rivers continues to get up to speed. There is logic to this view. Flutie has played for a long time and knows the team pretty well already. He could easily split practice reps with Rivers and still be ready, while allowing Rivers to get up to speed with the first unit.

Brees has not shown any real improvement over last year. Yep, nice preseason followed by exactly the same performance as last year. We won the first game, no turnovers. We lost the second, four turnovers. Breesí hand was involved in three of them.

The team might not be great, but a consistently average quarterback could win with what we have. Instead Breesí average is to be inconsistent.

I wish him well and wish him success, but it is not going to be with the Chargers.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

TrumpetDude
09-25-2004, 12:44 AM
After Week 6, the Chargers play all of our divisional opponents. Start Rivers NOW so he gets the reps and if the Rookie gets in trouble - throw Flutie in the mix. Flutie is better off the bench than startiing a game. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif