PDA

View Full Version : THIS MAN IS A WINNER ITS IN THE EYES

psuedo
09-25-2004, 07:49 PM
now go find a pic of Drewfus....my lord he is not a good QB. I have more compassion and patience(ive been a charger fan since 1980) than JC himself but Breeze is ice cold...a good backup at best, he just can not handle pressure.

But I believe Rivers will be great. Far better than Eli-

I just hope marty doesnt ruin him.

TrumpetDude
09-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Rivers is nails. He will power through whatever Marty has and doesn't have...Rivers is the real deal i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Chargeroo
09-25-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm also thinking Rivers looks like the real deal. Love his quick decisions and quick release. I'm also impressed with psuedobeing able to tell how good a QB is by looking at his eyes. You should get a job on ESPN pseudo. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

EMCFitch
09-25-2004, 08:34 PM
So was Ryan Leaf at the time. Wait until he starts his first season. I am not saying he will bust, but you never know. Looking at someones eyes means nothing.

TrumpetDude
09-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by: EMCFitch
So was Ryan Leaf at the time. Wait until he starts his first season. I am not saying he will bust, but you never know. Looking at someones eyes means nothing.

You have to come correct man. You say Rivers will not be a bust yet start your post with a Ryan Leaf blast. Why not say Brian Griese ?

The eyes are the windows to the soul and indeed you can tell by looking into someones eyes whether they are a warrior or a panzy when you are playing the game. Learn. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Bolts4Life21
09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I thought it was funny how Brees posted more yardage after his concussion than he did before it. Maybe it rattled his brain, and got him back on track. This sunday will make or break Brees. Go Brees!

TrumpetDude
09-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by: Bolts4Life21
I thought it was funny how Brees posted more yardage after his concussion than he did before it. Maybe it rattled his brain, and got him back on track. This sunday will make or break Brees. Go Brees!

That was pretty wicked to way Brees needed his marbles separated to produce. He had the proverbial out of body experience. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

HellsBells
09-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: EMCFitch

I agree, as of right now, Its all hype. I saw him during the preseason, and even against the backups, he looks uncomfortable...

Plefty
09-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
Rivers is nails. He will power through whatever Marty has and doesn't have...Rivers is the real deal

Plefty
09-27-2004, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by: Bolts4Life21

That was pretty wicked to way Brees needed his marbles separated to produce. He had the proverbial out of body experience.

Brees will be a free agent at the end of the season. Everyone knows he won't be back next year. So, get Rivers ready to start. He's the future.i/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gif

michael
09-27-2004, 03:49 PM
you see it in PRs eyes?

hmmm...ok..sure

wolfpack04
09-27-2004, 07:45 PM
First of all I am a die hard Denver fan, and a woman. Secondly, I am not an ACC fan in the least. Having in lived in Raleigh for the last 16 years has made me somewhat of a Wolfpack fan. I have watched Philip Rivers since he was a freshman, and now that he is with SD I have been obsessed with reading everything about him I could on the Chargers website. It's made me a bit of a Chargers fan.

You do have the real deal. He is that unknown factor that other teams haven't figured out. He was over looked as a finalist in the Heisman race, but I am confident that once he starts playing for your team full time you will have another Elway. He learns the playbook, he is quick, he's got the size. He loves the game. He has confidence, but not an out of control ego. He's a leader.

From what I read in the papers here, the contract that River's was expected to sign was simply ridiculous. It crossed my mind he is being punished for not signing.

I say get him off the bench and do it soon or you won't even be able to compete against the lowly KC Chiefs.

TrumpetDude
09-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by: wolfpack04
First of all I am a die hard Denver fan, and a woman. Secondly, I am not an ACC fan in the least. Having in lived in Raleigh for the last 16 years has made me somewhat of a Wolfpack fan. I have watched Philip Rivers since he was a freshman, and now that he is with SD I have been obsessed with reading everything about him I could on the Chargers website. It's made me a bit of a Chargers fan.

You do have the real deal. He is that unknown factor that other teams haven't figured out. He was over looked as a finalist in the Heisman race, but I am confident that once he starts playing for your team full time you will have another Elway. He learns the playbook, he is quick, he's got the size. He loves the game. He has confidence, but not an out of control ego. He's a leader.

From what I read in the papers here, the contract that River's was expected to sign was simply ridiculous. It crossed my mind he is being punished for not signing.

I say get him off the bench and do it soon or you won't even be able to compete against the lowly KC Chiefs.

Well first, welcome to the forum and your first post.

You have very solid points. I think it is way cool when posters step up and state what is on their minds about a player. I have learned so much about Rivers it is amazing.

I have a lot of faith in Philip to get the job done. I was very impressed with his games in San Diego. If he can stay healthy, I thiink we have found ourself a Q.B.for a very long time. Remember we just made our Running back LaDainian Tomlinson {LT} the highest paid running back in the NFL. He deserves it because he produces. LT is the best.

Rivers is not being punished by not starting. Brees earned the right to start until he screws up. Rivers time is very very close. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Riversrat
09-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by: wolfpack04

Very well said Wolfpack04!

From another Wolfpack Girl.

TrumpetDude
09-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by: michael
you see it in PRs eyes?

hmmm...ok..sure

The eyes are the window to the soul. This is a very true saying. Believe it. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
09-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Rivers just has "IT", Brees never did. Nuff said.

Riverwarrior
09-29-2004, 10:10 AM
There are so many things that Rivers has that Brees doesnt. Yet what will set Rivers apart from the rest of the pack are his ability to take over a huddle and his inate moxie.

You can never underestimate the effect a field Marshal will have on his players in a huddle. To instill the type of confidence in your players can be the diference between success and failure. Then when the cards are down and your team needs a score and you need to drive the ball the length of the field in under a 2 minutes for a score, the moxie comes out. The greats have it and the normies long for it. PR has it and you can believe that the Chargers fans will love it.

Go Chargers!

TrumpetDude
09-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by: Riverwarrior
There are so many things that Rivers has that Brees doesnt. Yet what will set Rivers apart from the rest of the pack are his ability to take over a huddle and his inate moxie.

You can never underestimate the effect a field Marshal will have on his players in a huddle. To instill the type of confidence in your players can be the diference between success and failure. Then when the cards are down and your team needs a score and you need to drive the ball the length of the field in under a 2 minutes for a score, the moxie comes out. The greats have it and the normies long for it. PR has it and you can believe that the Chargers fans will love it.

Go Chargers!

One of the things which caught my joe football eye for Rivers is the command of the huddle and the "way" Rivers checked off. The first time I saw Rivers check-off a play, he did it con huevos. Not in a milk toast manner mind you ala Drew Brees. After Rivers did this a few times, I noticed Brees was checking off with a lil more huevos (conviction). The rookie is schooling the vet. I don't know if it is coincidence or if anyone else has seen this ? I don't think I am seeing things (again) so some of the tangible qualities in this Q.B. is starting to get my attention in real life. Oh well, some thought from the mental maze. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Drackubolt
09-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Trumpetdude.....

I have to agree... i've been reading for a while... and one thing that i have noticed is that when Rivers was in (even thought it was Vanilla) he was making his progression of reads. This is by far the most important aspect of a winning QB. The better QB's make their reads faster. From what i've noticed, and i'm sure others will agree, is that Brees focuses on one WR and does not check down. Sure we can always argue that he does not have enough time due to the poor line, but i believe this is not accurate. A winning QB will make pre-reads on the line while he is calling signals, every QB needs to read the defense to their best ability and know where and when to make a check down. Basically the play has to unfold in the QB's mind before the play even happens. The QB needs to run different scenarios in their mind of possibilities of what could happen, and make the best play out of those options within the designed play. This is what Brees is missing. We now need to move forward with our future, sitting Rivers will only delay his progression and development to make those reads.

riverhead
09-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Well stated all of you Wolfpack darlings.

Sit back and enjoy watching Phillip do what he does best. After he takes a few lumps he'll get it all figured out and eventually re-write the playbook.

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 08:26 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Drackubolt
Trumpetdude.....

I have to agree... i've been reading for a while... and one thing that i have noticed is that when Rivers was in (even thought it was Vanilla) he was making his progression of reads.

Vanilla is the base of a great hot fudge sunday!

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: riverhead
Well stated all of you Wolfpack darlings.

Sit back and enjoy watching Phillip do what he does best. After he takes a few lumps he'll get it all figured out and eventually re-write the playbook.

LOL! Remember the move when he took the snap, stepped right, passed it to TA under his legs for a TA TD?

Drackubolt
09-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by: Riversrat
[quote]

Trumpetdude.....

I have to agree... i've been reading for a while... and one thing that i have noticed is that when Rivers was in (even thought it was Vanilla) he was making his progression of reads.

Vanilla is the base of a great hot fudge sunday!

Riversrat....
i dont know y... but that just gave me a few thoughts that are not ment to be said in public....

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
[quote]

[quote]

Riversrat....

i dont know y... but that just gave me a few thoughts that are not ment to be said in public....

LOL, yeah...it sounds bad but it was a GREAT play! I did try to write that a little differently but...got to wordy! (FYI - just in case you don't know TA is TA McLendon)

touchdownsandiego
09-29-2004, 09:45 PM
We need to get Rivers in there. Let Brees back him up this year. Brees is out of here next year. Get Rivers in there and see what he can do. He may get rattled at the beginng but heck look at brees he's been here 3 seasons and he's always rattled. We need to get this franchise on the right track. Not next year or the year after. Start this year. Get Rivers in there.

touchdownsandiego
09-29-2004, 09:46 PM
We need to get Rivers in there. Let Brees back him up this year. Brees is out of here next year. Get Rivers in there and see what he can do. He may get rattled at the beginng but heck look at brees he's been here 3 seasons and he's always rattled. We need to get this franchise on the right track. Not next year or the year after. Start this year. Get Rivers in there.

Otis4411
09-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I have had the joy of watch Rivers here at NC State for the past 4 yrs and all I can say is if you ain't gonna play him, send his butt back!!! We need him!!!

Seriously brees seems to be a good QB, for some reason QB's just don't make at certain place's or sometimes at all. Phillip Rivers is better than he has ever got credit for. Once he get's in a comfort zone with your offense he will be a winner. I don't pull for the Panthers but when you drafted Rivers I went and bought tickets for the Oct24 game here. I would love to see Rivers burning the Panthers D. Put him in and watch the magic!

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by: Otis4411
I have had the joy of watch Rivers here at NC State for the past 4 yrs and all I can say is if you ain't gonna play him, send his butt back!!! We need him!!!

Seriously brees seems to be a good QB, for some reason QB's just don't make at certain place's or sometimes at all. Phillip Rivers is better than he has ever got credit for. Once he get's in a comfort zone with your offense he will be a winner. I don't pull for the Panthers but when you drafted Rivers I went and bought tickets for the Oct24 game here. I would love to see Rivers burning the Panthers D. Put him in and watch the magic!

Norm Chow said before the draft whoever got Rivers would be in the Super Bowl in 3 or 4 years guaranteed. I like that kind of talk about a player and my Bolts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

riverhead
09-30-2004, 04:18 PM
I'll always remember that one. It was magical. I tried to remember one bad game that he had a NC State and for the life of me I could not. Maybe one, but then it would stand out. By the way, TA is back!

Otis4411
09-30-2004, 04:46 PM

Norm Chow said before the draft whoever got Rivers would be in the Super Bowl in 3 or 4 years guaranteed. I like that kind of talk about a player and my Bolts.

You better go to USC and get Norm Chow for an offensive Cord. Then you just might see Rivers and the Bolts in a superbowl! I wish he had him back at State too! My wish list is growing eh?

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
You better go to USC and get Norm Chow for an offensive Cord. Then you just might see Rivers and the Bolts in a superbowl!

Norm Chow attended minicamp here in San Diego to see Philip Rivers. Ya think something is in the air ? i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Riversrat
09-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Norm Chow attended minicamp here in San Diego to see Philip Rivers. Ya think something is in the air ? [/quote]

I remember comments by Norm Chow - Was he ever an assistant at NCSU? Seems like he had contact with Rivers somewhere before.

shocku
09-30-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by: michael

you see it in PRs eyes?

hmmm...ok..sure

The eyes are the window to the soul. This is a very true saying. Believe it.

Trumpet, here is another very true saying: No matter how thin you slice the bologna, you can always break a window with a brick! belive it. = )

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 05:43 PM
I remember comments by Norm Chow - Was he ever an assistant at NCSU? Seems like he had contact with Rivers somewhere before.

Chow tutored Rivers for a year and installed that crazy offense the WolfPackers are running. Chow is really high on Rivers. I would like to see a reunion as Chow can further develop Rivers and give the Bolts a new offense or work as a Q.B. coach. Jeff Tedfords name is being bantered about as is Charlie Weis (who I like due to his exposure to the NFL vs. college coaches). i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Kwakothunder
09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Another thing that is missing from Drew's demanor is a lack of "FIRE IN THE BELLY". The only time I have see Brees show any fire in the belly is when Marty is in his ear and telling him to take a seat. On the field he just doesn't have that sense of command. The kind that leads by example.

You see other QBs in the league will take a few pounds off a WR's back side when he screws up a route, but Brees just seems to have this "oh well" attitude. Fouts would light people up when they screwed up. When Fouts was on the field, you knew who was in command. The QB is often called "The Field General" and I think we have some Jr Officer in command of our army.

JayDee
09-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Funny but true! Quit thinking and throw the damn ball! When he looks off the DBs it's a beautiful thing.

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by: Kwakothunder
Another thing that is missing from Drew's demanor is a lack of "FIRE IN THE BELLY". The only time I have see Brees show any fire in the belly is when Marty is in his ear and telling him to take a seat. On the field he just doesn't have that sense of command. The kind that leads by example.

You see other QBs in the league will take a few pounds off a WR's back side when he screws up a route, but Brees just seems to have this "oh well" attitude. Fouts would light people up when they screwed up. When Fouts was on the field, you knew who was in command. The QB is often called "The Field General" and I think we have some Jr Officer in command of our army.

Exactly man.Fouts ripped new orifice if people screwed up. There are clips of him laying into Winslow for dogging it on some pass routes. He told Winslow he was "tip toeing around" and to knock it off. He screamed this at Winslow. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Riversrat
09-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Chow tutored Rivers for a year and installed that crazy offense the WolfPackers are running. Chow is really high on Rivers. I would like to see a reunion as Chow can further develop Rivers and give the Bolts a new offense or work as a Q.B. coach. Jeff Tedfords name is being bantered about as is Charlie Weis (who I like due to his exposure to the NFL vs. college coaches). [/quote]

That would be sweet. Maybe he could get a hold of Tory and Terence Holt, TA, Koren Robinson, and Jericho...Well, that's my dream anyway. LT and TA what a pair that would be!