PDA

View Full Version : Brees Sucks

oneofakind
09-26-2004, 04:56 PM
I hope Marty Schottenheimer reads this. Brees sucks. Yank his sorry butt and put in Rivers. Brees is finally consistant at sucking it up, Flutie is to old, and who knows why you kept Lemon. Rivers is obviously the wise choice at QB. He can only learn from expirience. He cant possibly do worse than brees these days. Its worth a gamble.

LAGrrrl
09-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I notice that none you you mention the penalty on our kick return or drew's final rushing first down called back because of a holding call. Or your hero LT sidestepping the defense to allow a hit on brees (remember the one that caused the fumble) or the fact that drew has been hit more times in one game than most QB's get hit all season. You want Brees gone? I hope he goes so you can have another 1-15 season and realize you cant blame it on one man. Chargers T-shirt 2004- At least we beat the Texans!?

TKBOLT
09-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Brees
SUCKS!!! So many overthrown passes...Too damn indecisive, YANK HIS A$$ OUT NOW!!!

foty89
09-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Thank you Mr. Purdue.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

foty89
09-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Breesí hot and cold play today is just baffling. Which Brees is going to show up? While I donít think Brees is completely at fault for the loss, he certainly could have turned the game around if he had hit some more passes. He did miss some easy, open receivers that would have gone for good gains. And many of these were with no pressure on him.

At the same time though, I donít think Rivers has had the reps with the first team to step in. True he could learn on the job, but this could also hurt his development.

I know that Flutie is not a spring chicken, and not durable enough to start an entire season anymore, but I think he may be out only option for the short term. Start him for a few games while splitting the practice reps with the first team evenly with Rivers. Then in a few weeks when Rivers is more prepared, he can start, if Flutie is not doing so well.

I hate to give up on Brees, but I canít stand to watch his horribly inconsistent play anymore. The Chargers could easily have be undefeated if he could play reasonably well for an entire game.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

bajasean
09-26-2004, 05:29 PM
yes brees sucks he can't pass to our own guys he throws to many interceptions.when he passes he is to obvious who he is throwing to.he either throws over the recievers head or under throws or throws an interception.im tired of people making excusses for brees he's just not starter material he would be a good third string quarterback or maybe a starter in the cfl but not with the chargers.

wikimama
09-26-2004, 06:25 PM
WHY ARE WE STICKING WITH THIS GUY? HE HAS NO FUTURE WITH THIS ORGANIZATION AND IT IS TIME FOR DOCTOR PHIL TO STEP IN!

Freddy1
09-26-2004, 06:30 PM
I would have to agree with you all. I do like Brees for hanging in there these last couple years and he does work hard. But, in this day on bigger men, 6-0 does not cut it in this league. He's gotten his chance for the last 3-4 years and STILL has not progress. Pre-season doesn't count either. The regular season has killed him and he has always looked like has hasn't had complete control of the offense and the huddle. Todays game was the perfect example. It was like watching the games, we watched for the lasst 3-4 years with him. NO CHANGE AT ALL! I really feel bad for him but we need, or I mean the coaches need to do something fast to save LT becoming a bruned out back like Earl Campbell.

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by: foty89

Breesí hot and cold play today is just baffling.

It will not be so baffling after Oct. 19th, 2004. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

TheOriginalBOLTS4LIFE
09-27-2004, 04:56 AM
Most of his passes are either overthrown or in the turf.
Those deep passes to Dwight today were Gawd Awful!!
Any average QB would have completed those passes!

Bress has heart but no arm!

bobbledick
09-27-2004, 11:50 AM
I like Brees but I want to win and I don't think we can do it with Brees. We need Rivers and a better pass rush. And what the hell was with the play calling?!?! Everyone and there uncle knew it was going to L.T. If we don't get a passing game established with a few more threats other than L.T. then we may as well just hang it up. I'm so sick of losing that I am about to start rooting for the Raiders. Yuch! Just saying that word leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I would like to know what it feels like to win for a change. Come on Marty wake the hell up!

brees2gates
09-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by: LAGrrrl
I notice that none you you mention the penalty on our kick return or drew's final rushing first down called back because of a holding call. Or your hero LT sidestepping the defense to allow a hit on brees (remember the one that caused the fumble) or the fact that drew has been hit more times in one game than most QB's get hit all season. You want Brees gone? I hope he goes so you can have another 1-15 season and realize you cant blame it on one man. Chargers T-shirt 2004- At least we beat the Texans!?

brees2gates
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: LAGrrrl

you are obviously in some way related to drew or you wouldnt be talking the way you are. im not saying rivers will take less hits than brees has but i know this. given the oppurtunity to hit a wide open timmy dwight or erick parker im pretty sure he would connect for six twice. im not interested in the breakdown of pass protection the entire game, im concerned with the two chances we had to win the game and fell to the lack of skill and accuracy by our current qb. PUT RIVERS IN NOW!!!

Bolt Believer Forever!!!

davidphogan74
09-27-2004, 03:04 PM
With this coach Rivers isn't going to start, Brees is going to have terrible playcalling, and we'll continually see these same clock management, discipline, and offensive errors.

I've been watching football for close to 20 years and that was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen. I'd love to see the Chargers do well, but Schottenheimer is over the hill and prone to bad decision making. That he was continually beaten with the Chiefs back when he had a great team should prove this.

I know the Chargers don't have the manpower to win the AFC this year, but it'd nice to see them do better than 6-10 which seems unlikely with Marty around.

Dave