PDA

View Full Version : Drew only plays QB

talbitz54
09-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I will be laughing my butt off when PR gets in and we totally get drilled. Drew doesn't play DB he plays QB. He doesn't play O line, WR, TE. All of you Drew bashers/haters and you know who you are, tell all of fans out in Charger land what you are going to say when PR gets in the game and gets his head torn off. Makes bad decisions and throws a bunch of pics.

We are much worse than a QB, and unfortunately you and all of us will have to watch it together. I am afraid the only hope is the team gets sold to an owner who wants to win and will resign players to keep cohesion and unity. Sell the team,get Jimmy Johnson as the coach and take Mike Williams with our highest draft pick neat year. ps bring back the original baby blue uniforms every one thinks they rock!

smelltheglove
09-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Check the thread on don't Blame Brees for arguments against this matter.

attila
09-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by: talbitz54
I will be laughing my butt off when PR gets in and we totally get drilled. Drew doesn't play DB he plays QB. He doesn't play O line, WR, TE. All of you Drew bashers/haters and you know who you are, tell all of fans out in Charger land what you are going to say when PR gets in the game and gets his head torn off. Makes bad decisions and throws a bunch of pics.

We are much worse than a QB, and unfortunately you and all of us will have to watch it together. I am afraid the only hope is the team gets sold to an owner who wants to win and will resign players to keep cohesion and unity. Sell the team,get Jimmy Johnson as the coach and take Mike Williams with our highest draft pick neat year. ps bring back the original baby blue uniforms every one thinks they rock!

No doubt Brees isn't the only thing wrong. But if you arent part of the solution, you are part of the problem. And Drew is. He had a chance to make plays and he flat out didnt make them.

GoldPlatedNails
09-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I agree the whole team has problems. From the pass rush to the O line to the wideouts. If we had a First Round draft pick riding the pine who played Defensive End I would yelping to get him into the game ASAP. The problem is we got a first rd Qb on the bench, and word has it he is accurate. Since the team appears to be going nowhere fast and has a starting QB who will not be with the franchise in 13 weeks, I frankly am ready to see the kid play.

smelltheglove
09-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by: GoldPlatedNails
I agree the whole team has problems. From the pass rush to the O line to the wideouts. If we had a First Round draft pick riding the pine who played Defensive End I would yelping to get him into the game ASAP. The problem is we got a first rd Qb on the bench, and word has it he is accurate. Since the team appears to be going nowhere fast and has a starting QB who will not be with the franchise in 13 weeks, I frankly am ready to see the kid play.

It's not just "the word" it's facts and records, and I don't give a damn if there's some roided up DL blitzing him, he'll make better decisions than Brees in his first six games than Brees has made in his NFL career.

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Brees is history. Start Rivers and quit dikkin' around. I want to WIN now and get his learning curve going NOW. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

SuperMatt
09-27-2004, 02:05 AM
I like Brees. I really do. He's got great moxie. But he can't throw the ball downfield. There were at least three plays today where he had a guy open for 6 and missed him. Granted, the throw he made to Dwight was a beauty, but Dwight had taken a slight break out mid-throw and slowed him down enough to not be able to make the catch.

Unless I can see some deep accuracy soon, I will be calling for PR.

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by: SuperMatt

Unless I can see some deep accuracy soon, I will be calling for PR.

He has had a few years now to figure out how to throw the post or out patterns and still screws it up....Time for Rivers. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

joseph
09-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey dude, Your'e right. Drew is only the QB and we do have other problems, BUT He doesn't help the situation. Any time The opposing team stack the line, They are saying B%&$#, we know you can't pass the ball. We're not even concerned about you. We will try to stop LT, and if we do that WE WILL WIN. Let's be real. Drew won't be here next year. Turn the job over to PR. EVEN IF HE LOSE, He's getting experience. BESIDES, WERE LOSING NOW ANYWAY.

BELLAI
09-27-2004, 04:27 AM
sacre bleue. did i have one too many saignon blanc or di i see the bolts
get trampled by the broncos. please help before i drown my sorrows.
i just need a sample of dan fouts to clone him. the molecular dna is cloneable,
the arm can be transplanted, the brain i am still working on , my colleuges
are confident in a successfull mutation. meanwhile, give brees off-protection
or a body armour. receivers catch the pig skin. if not give fluite or rivers the ball.
signed the frustrated good/not so good scientist

BIGRICK
09-27-2004, 07:11 AM
You are Right Brees is NOT the team. But he should be he is supossed to be the leader. Some times all it takes is the leader saying or doing something to get the team even the low level players up and moving. He should start thinking about the team and stop saying things like "I wasnt worried I knew that I would be the starter"

SDRaiderH8er
09-27-2004, 07:27 AM
I see this thread as the Lets make excuses why Brees is not the problem Everyone else is the problem,

boltheaded
09-27-2004, 07:28 AM
ok so drew brees got more yards passing than all wr. combined.. marty showed he wasnt afraid to open up the play book... then why didnt we call the handoff to LT were he throws it back to drew!!! they had at times 9 men in the box!!!

TrumpetDude
09-29-2004, 02:37 AM
I will be laughing my butt off when PR gets in and we totally get drilled.

Spoken like a true weak link....man oh man.... i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
09-29-2004, 07:45 AM
Rivers will struggel no doubt, because the other players are still in the game. I'd bet he dont look as pi$$ poor as brees does, has and always will.

OverVolt
09-29-2004, 08:37 AM
I will be laughing my butt off when PR gets in and we totally get drilled.

WHile I think most of your post is good, this part is...stupid.
Sure as a rookie he'll throw several pics, and get confused etc, etc
And even though Brees is once again a very average QB, many other aspects of this offense are below average.
Call me an idiot, or a loyalist, or whatever, but I still support Drew...however I will support Rivers the second he gets in the game. Your above statement makes me think your not a Charger fan...perhaps you are FlutieFlake in disguise???

WHITELIGHTNING
09-29-2004, 10:29 AM
To think it's funny at someones injury proves you arent even a fan of the game. You ought to just leave.

minion
09-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
To think it's funny at someones injury proves you arent even a fan of the game. You ought to just leave.

i don't think anyone thinks its funny when someone gets hurt, for example when you see the reciever go over the middle to catch the ball then get completly nailed when he does and the ball goes fliying in the other direction you first thought isn't "oh man i hope hes okay" your first thought is "danm did you see that hit he got nailed"

thats just part of the game but i do understand what your saying

TrumpetDude
09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by: minion
i don't think anyone thinks its funny when someone gets hurt, for example when you see the reciever go over the middle to catch the ball then get completly nailed when he does and the ball goes fliying in the other direction you first thought isn't "oh man i hope hes okay" your first thought is "danm did you see that hit he got nailed"

Put me in the "Damn did you see that hit he got nailed" column - always. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
09-30-2004, 02:20 PM
IM all for good hits, I like defensive football more so than offensive. I just wish our D did somer clobbering out on the field. Nothing better than to see a receiver catch the ball then get knocked into tomorrow or yesterday, whichever you perfer.

Str8change
09-30-2004, 03:36 PM
so PR would be bad because he would make bad decisions and throw pics??? and how would that be any different than Brees? any time a professional QB throws for single digit yards in the 1st half of two consecutive games when the staf is TRYING specifically to get him started by throwing a bunch of passes in early downs, ought to tell you PR or mickey mouse would be better than Drew. He may be nicer than the Pope and say all the right things and work harder than a one legged man, but the kid just sucks as a QB, end of story! how many games do we need to see to be able to say that, it's been plenty enough to tell the difference... Spono's family will never be loved by Bolt fans until they bring back powders blues and why they care so much on the subject to snub noses at all their fans is weird!

anyone who saw the Broncos game can tell you what the Bolts lack to get to the next level... we need more dynamic play calling, and we need more than 5 plays run over and over again, we need a QB, actually, let me amend that, we need to play the right QB, we need depsperately to get rid of Q. Jammer and get a pass rush of some kind and stop a teams pass offense at least a little. How do we hold the Broncos to 20 yards rushing and lose because we looked like we didn't know the pass was coming every down in the 4th quarter???

turquhart
09-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Are you implying that Drew is even in the class of a Phillip Rivers? Both have proven records. One's great, one a consistent underachiever.

Dstorm2004
09-30-2004, 04:13 PM

Actually some of the commentators on ESPN just yesterday wer talking about how the Chargers are a pretty decent team to watch. The specific Quote was "They are a pretty entertaining watch" and "they are not letting teams have easyt wins". ..

The next comment was that Rivers was elevated to Number 2 and they expect him to take some game snaps real soon. Which they thought was going to be a Help and add even more to the team.

Yes they know we are not winning games, and yes we have some holes.. But.. We as a team are playing a LOT better than last year. You complete some of those horrible passes Brees threw over the last 2 game and we are at least 2-1.

That is the truth.