PDA

View Full Version : COACHING

Hector
09-26-2004, 10:36 PM
DID ANYONE RECOGNIZE HOW BAD THE PLAYING CALLING WAS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL?? THE BRONCOS HAD 8 MEN IN THE BOX AND WE CONTINUELY TRIED TO RUN. I KNOW WE COULD HAVE ESTABLISHED A SHORT PASSING GAME TO KEEP THE DEFENSE HONEST. PLAY ACTION PASS, CROSSING ROUTES AND SHORT TURN AROUNDS, THIS WOULD HAVE OPENED UP LANES FOR LT.

DEFENSIVELY, WE DID NOT BLITZ ENOUGH..... THERE WERE NUMEROUS PLAYS THAT JAKE WAS ABLE TO HOLD THE BALL FOR A EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. WE NEED TO PLAY MAN TO MAN AND BLITZ. JAMMER AND DAVIS HAVE TO BE GOOD ENOUGH TO COVER THE WR......

GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK....

weisenheimer1977
09-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Was the play calling that bad, or was the undertone of the game to suggest that there was no confidence in the passing game? Just wondering....

Hector
09-26-2004, 11:03 PM
THE PLAY CALLING WAS THAT BAD.... I KNOW DREW CAN MAKE THE SHORT THROWS..... CAM NEEDS TO ADJUST TO WHAT THE DEFENSE IS GIVING. SHORT QUICK PASSES WILL MOVE THE CHAINS.....

BreesLightning
09-27-2004, 12:14 AM
During the first 3 quarters of the game the Chargers ran the ball on 1st down 16 out of 18 times. And that was against 8 or 9 guys in the box.

Cam Sucks, Marty Sucks

Get rid of this coaching staff NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 01:21 AM
Brees should of checked out of a lot of more plays and did not ... Brees cost us this game and the last game. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Hector
09-27-2004, 02:17 AM
I AGREE..... CAM HAS TO ADJUST TO THE GAME, REVIEW WHAT THE DEFENSE IS DOING AND PLAY ACCORDLY.

BUM HAS TO BLITZ MORE AND PLAY MAN TO MAN.... REMEMBER JOE PASCALE???? HE DID IT WELL...

Hector
09-27-2004, 02:20 AM
BREES HAS TO THINK ABOUT GETTING FIRST DOWNS AND MARCH THE TEAM DOWN THE FIELD, WE NEED 10, 12, 15 PLAY DRIVES. THAT WILL CREATE SCORING OPPORTUNITIES.....

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 02:21 AM
We need a D-Line. Jamal is suspect and Igor ... is well .... Igor. Raw. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Hector
09-27-2004, 02:24 AM
THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR NOW,,,,,,, WE NEED MORE PREASURE, BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ GET THE PICTURE..........

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by: Hector
THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR NOW,,,,,,, WE NEED MORE PREASURE, BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ GET THE PICTURE..........

No way man. The war is won and lost in the trenches and we are losing that war. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Hector
09-27-2004, 02:47 AM
I AGREE,,,,,,, WHO DO WE HAVE RIGHT NOW????

TrumpetDude
09-27-2004, 02:51 AM

We have Igor and Jamal...after that we do not have chit for a D-Line !!!! i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Hector
09-27-2004, 02:52 AM
BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ

moorish
09-27-2004, 08:50 AM
you are 100% right the play calling stinks and so does the coach,we all like Brees but he a adequit back up QB thats all he is

wilrab
09-27-2004, 10:37 AM
It does not seem to matter who our coach is. Ever since lame Dan Henning, every coach, him included seem to call the most predictable plays. This will fool them, run, run, pass, punt. We are the team who created the West Coast offense. Let's get a coach in here that can execute it,

TKBOLT
09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Did you guys see that pathetic play call on like I think 3rd and 9 or 10, and the damn Coaches go with a freakin "QB option" play.Knowing theres well over 8 men in the box, Brees tries to outrun the pack. C'Mon FIRE CAM CA-MORON!!!!!

TheOriginalBOLTS4LIFE
09-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude

We have Igor and Jamal...after that we do not have chit for a D-Line !!!!

I agree completely. That's why we haven't seen much from Jammer or Davis. No pass rush.

WHITELIGHTNING
09-27-2004, 02:09 PM
I was not online during the game yesterday because I wanted to focus just on the game. What I seen, was a QB that couldn't even hit the short routes, Brees looks lost. Why doesn't he change the play? he must know the offense by now, it's only been four years now. we should call for the firing of the whole dayum team and start all over, but I believe starting Rivers would be my first move.

toalsonj7
09-27-2004, 02:56 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Hector. I want to add one small detail. When you are blitzed, it is common sense not to run a play action pass, since the play takes longer to develop. We can all speculate about drew's lack of audibles, however, perhaps Marty doesn't let him audible. Drew is a very intelligent person, and he audibled alot at Purdue, so I honestly don't know why he isn't checking off at the line of scrimmage. There has been some talk about Drew being in the league for 4 years and how he should know the offense, however he has played in 31 games (I think); that isn't even 2 full seasons. People, be realistic; find me one qb who has developed into a good qb in 2years of starting. Nothing replaces game experience. This system truly hurts the qb because it does not allow him to get into any kind of rhythm and places him in 3rd and long situations all game. In the third quarter, Drew had 90 yards, as he was finally allowed to open up a little. I swear that I have never seen such poor offensive coaching in my life. I am not suggesting that Drew has been playing well, but the coaches could help him so much more. Can you imagine a worse play call than running the option on 3rd and 9. I was in complete shock!

fireknuckles
09-27-2004, 05:02 PM
[People, be realistic; find me one qb who has developed into a good qb in 2years of starting. Nothing replaces game experience.

Tom Brady.

I will agree however that the play calling does not allow the QB to develop any rhythm or confidence that is why Brees has regressed from his 1st year starting to now. Down with Cam Cameron and down with Marty for keeping him.