PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Charger fans in NJ

sp58242001
09-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Any fans in NJ that are bolt fans. I am still waiting to see some kind of improvement from last years team. Maybe Q. Jammer should start playing like he is being paid. Stupid mistakes are killing us.

frankrollingrivers
09-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Iam from bayville NJ i cant wait till they make rivers the starting Qb so we could start throwing the ball and not be so predictable running the dam ball all the time everybody plays us stacks 8 guys up front because brees cant throw the ball he cant read defenes to save his life

boltz21
10-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Charger Fan in Morristown NJ here!

Agreed Brees looked horrible last week against the Broncos. Gates, Caldwell, Dwight looked good we need someone to get them the ball.

The Defense actually did not look like a disaster that it had been. Hopefully they will continue to improve.

The Offense looked totally disorganized not all Brees fault but he has shown no leadership ability.

A change would be good, especially at Coach , offensive Coordinator and GM.

JimWest
10-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Long time Charger fan from Wayne, NJ area. The Bolts had no message board for the longest time, glad to see them get one.

I'm overjoyed at these last two wins, the team may be greatly improved. If somebody could beat overachieving Denver, we may have a shot this year to make the playoffs. The Chargers must beat Denver in SD, and they have to win their divisional games; those are shaping up as very important this year.

Sports guys are talking of Antonio Gates as a star in the making, and Brees is really doing well. The "O" line came up big vs the Jags. We may have a QB controversy down the road if Brees keeps performing like this, but a good problem to have.

NJBoltfan
12-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Born and raised in SD now in Sparta, NJ. It is such an incredible feeling to actually be actively interested in the NFL season again. When the Chargers suck I could care less about football. Now I'm on cloud 9 (Brees?) and if/when they beat the Broncos this Sunday I just might sheeeeeet my pants.

JulieAFNJ
12-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Long-time Charger fan here in Paramus, NJ. Nice to see this board!

OBchargerfan
09-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Any Chargers Fans in Jersey alive and roaring!?

NYCmari
10-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Join us on Google Groups: NYC CHARGERS FANS
Follow us on Twitter: @chargers_NYC

send us an email: chargersfansinnewyorkcity@gmail.com

boltinjerzee
12-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Other NJ bolt fans...

Sports bar real close to me.. anyone want to get togther for the Redskins game?????

Jerzee

NYCmari
12-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Other NJ bolt fans...

Sports bar real close to me.. anyone want to get togther for the Redskins game?????

Jerzee

Anyone getting together for Christmas day? I have a twitter friend that is looking for a bar buddy...

Letsgobolts
12-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Buon Natale,
I'm from Montclair, NJ. Born and raised.

jerseyboltfan
12-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Montclair,
come into the city for the Skins game. I drive into NYC for the game weekly from Rockland and I know someone who comes in from Newark often. The bar is usually packed with Bolts fans (being a Chargers bar, not surprising).
Worth the trek.

Letsgobolts
02-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Montclair,
come into the city for the Skins game. I drive into NYC for the game weekly from Rockland and I know someone who comes in from Newark often. The bar is usually packed with Bolts fans (being a Chargers bar, not surprising).
Worth the trek.
Cool, Its very rare I find Chargers fans to watch the game with

punkrockpete
07-19-2011, 01:39 PM
It looks like we will have a season after all. YAY!!!

Here's my dilemna-

I can't stand going into NYC to watch the game. Takes 90 minutes between LIRR train and then subway to get there, and then another 90 minutes to get home. 3 hours of travel to watch a 3 hour game??!!!

I know there are a lot of Bolts fans here on Long Island. Why can't we get a real Chargers bar out here. Lord knows I've tried. The past 2 years I negotiated with a bar (2009 it was The Garage in Bayport, then in 2010 it was Farrell's in West Islip) to become our headquarters and put the Chargers on the largest screen, drink specials if you wore Charger jersey, free buffet food, etc. Yet...............by week 3 or 4 only a handful of fans were showing up.

Remember, these bars are in business to make money- not to supply people who are cheap with a place to hang out and watch the games with other Bolts fans. Once the owners saw we weren't showing up in large enough numbers (and some cheap lame-o's were actually showing up already drunk and then only drinking water once they were in the place) and we weren't spending enough cash, they went back to showing the Jersey Jets and Jersey Giants on the big screens, and we Bolts fans were outta luck.

How can we get 50+ Chargers fans to a bar on Long Island EVERY SUNDAY OR MONDAY spending cash, eating, drinking, etc??????

We need to make this happen in 2011. I can't deal with another season of sitting in a bar watching the Chargers on the tiniest TV in the place with 3 other Bolts fans.

HELP!!!!! Where are the Long Island Chargers fans?????