PDA

View Full Version : Why not start rivers

gmills2077
09-28-2004, 03:27 PM
The chargers need to get some kind of offense going....LT cant do it all....Brees obviously cant get the job done and flutie has passed his prime about 7 years ago.....Rivers was drafted to take this team to at least a winning season and having him on the bench to a Quaterback that cannot get the job done against the 29th ranked defense of the jets (ppg wise)....Rivers has the ability to get the job done in the NFL if his supporting cast contributes as much as him....With Rivers in the chargers could have a 3 player knockout in tomlinson and gates along his side...am i alone on this one?

Riversrat
09-28-2004, 08:20 PM
You are not alone.. I agree Rivers can get the job done.

TrumpetDude
09-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Kick start the future now. It is Rivers Time NOW. i/expressions/musicnote.gif i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/SDG_Football.gif i/expressions/beer.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

smelltheglove
09-28-2004, 11:11 PM
I agree as well. Rivers can definately get the job done. He's the man.

mrintensity
09-28-2004, 11:44 PM
The problem doesn't just lie with Brees, it's the lack of coaching. We seem to be the only team in the N.F.L. that can't seem to pull a Q.B. when he isn't performing. When it's not happening on the field it's not happening, In the words of Jets coach Herman Edwards,"we play to win". Unless you coach the Chargers and then it's we play until we lose. If we are going to lose than for god's sake let's lose behind our rookie Q.B. that needs the reps. I like Brees and it's too bad it didn't work out for him or us but the writing is on the wall, someone just needs to clean Marty's glasses. The time has come to start Rivers and have Brees come off the bench when needed. But then again when and if he is needed Marty would only put him in with less than 4 minutes to go like he does with Flutie and expect a miracle. Remove the skull from your butt Marty and do the right thing.

TrumpetDude
They should just fool the enemy and say we are starting Lemon and pull the ol switch-a-rooski. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

tdawg315
come on marty make a good call if i was u i would switch it all around sub brees and rivers to confuese the opopsition and to help our team!

WHITELIGHTNING
09-29-2004, 09:03 AM
If brees had a proven winning track record, we would be able to say, yeah its the O-line, it's the receivers or the coaching. Fact is brees has lost more than he's won and has looked bad doing it. What happens if Rivers gets in there and moves the team well, IM not saying win but we all can see a difference. Will all the Brees lovers, come clean and say yeah ya'll were right, Brees sucked?
Some how I doubt it, it will then be, the coaching staff changed the play calling or game plan.

GO BOLTS. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Chargeroo
09-29-2004, 09:13 AM
For a year and half we've been arguing - it's Brees, no it's the rest of the problems. Many good arguments have been made on both sides. None of us can be certain. I say make the switch and if the team starts putting up more points with PR in there - we'll all no for sure that Drew was the problem. What can it hurt? It's not like we're winning with Drew in there.

mcc2mobile
09-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
For a year and half we've been arguing - it's Brees, no it's the rest of the problems. Many good arguments have been made on both sides. None of us can be certain. I say make the switch and if the team starts putting up more points with PR in there - we'll all no for sure that Drew was the problem. What can it hurt? It's not like we're winning with Drew in there.

I agree Roo, This constant seesaw of fan emotions needs to stop. We either get better or declare we have written off the season and use it to evaluate the talent. I suspect once Drew sits, the rest of the team will respond to the new blood and at least try to et the seasom going again. We can compete this year, but the coaching staff needs to commit to it, the players need to execute it.

TrumpetDude
09-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: mcc2mobile

We either get better or declare we have written off the season and use it to evaluate the talent. I suspect once Drew sits, the rest of the team will respond to the new blood and at least try to et the seasom going again.

This to me makes no sense in my fan mind. You suspect the team will respond and at least try to get the season going BUT a declaration we have written off the season is needed to evaluate talent ?

I do not understand this logic. I am not trying to be obtuse but this really makes no sense to me ? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

IronMountain1960
09-29-2004, 02:10 PM
If Brees continues to stink, then for all of our sakes, start Rivers, there is going to be a run on antiacids, and blood pressure medicine for sure is Brees keeps overthrowing sure TD's.i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif Rivers can't do worse, and he needs to get started on his going to be great career. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

geekster
09-29-2004, 02:38 PM
OK - I'm finally convinced.

Brees isn't the problem by any means - but he isn't the cure to the problem either.

Start the Rook and let him take the lumps - be prepared to loose, he is a ROOK - but he also is part of the "fix" we need to eventually have any hope of seeing the playoffs.

run21lt
09-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Look at the stats...Brees has done a fine job. The Chargers' problems are primarily on defense.

SDRaiderH8er
09-29-2004, 03:50 PM
If you was to ask me, I think that if we get the same performance from Brees this Week like we did last week, this will be his last start.

gmills2077
09-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by: run21lt
Look at the stats...Brees has done a fine job. The Chargers' problems are primarily on defense.

Run....look at the stats for brees in his carrer he has 32 TDS and 33 ints...and only 6000 yards....now outa 4 years i dont call that gettin the job done or doing a fine job as u put it...regardless of the team around him....now i like brees alot i wish he coulda did more for our team but its not working out at all and its time for a change....we didnt spend all that money on rivers for him to catch splinters

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by: gmills2077

Run....look at the stats for brees in his carrer he has 32 TDS and 33 ints...and only 6000 yards....now outa 4 years i dont call that gettin the job done or doing a fine job as u put it...regardless of the team around him....now i like brees alot i wish he coulda did more for our team but its not working out at all and its time for a change....we didnt spend all that money on rivers for him to catch splinters

Hell, Rivers had over 5000 yards last year alone.

goretek
09-29-2004, 10:40 PM

When the score at halftime against the donkeys is 13-3 at milehell. You still think Brees has done well and the defense underperform?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 12:55 AM
When LT had more yards passing in ONE play than Drew did in 4 qtrs. of football (first and second qtrs. of Jets & Broncos) ... somebody is snoozing at the wheel. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

gmills2077
09-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: Riversrat

Hell, Rivers had over 5000 yards last year alone.

Brees had exactly 2108 yards last year with 11tds and 15 ints...like i said he needs to be benched or traded NOW

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Brees had exactly 2108 yards last year with 11tds and 15 ints...like i said he needs to be benched or traded NOW

Soon kimosabee ... soon. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Localboy
09-30-2004, 06:01 PM
I agree with all of you. Brees is not our future. Rivers has to play. Marty is a TOOL. Get some Balls Marty.