PDA

View Full Version : No QB Contraversy in San Diego

geekster
09-29-2004, 08:21 PM
There is NO "Quarterback Contraversy" in San Diego - the GM and Head Coach decided that when they spent their first round draft pick on a Quarterback. They didn't draft Gallery to play Tackle and help Drew - they drafted a Quarterback to replace Drew. They didn't didn't draft either of two potential superstar wide-outs - who could have helped the QB - they drafted a Quargerback to replace Drew. Live with it.

The only thing at question is when will the new kid, Phillip Rivers, be ready to take his first start after holding out during training camp due to contract negotiations. The handwriting is on the wall - the only question is "when" he will replace Drew. To think/dream anything else is going to happen is just so much bull guano.

HellsBells
09-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Hate to say it, but your right. Good luck to Drew wherever he goes, he will be an excellent quarterback. Even I, a HUGE Brees fan, unfortunetely now know that all our hope relies on Rivers...

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by: HellsBells
Hate to say it, but your right. Good luck to Drew wherever he goes, he will be an excellent quarterback. Even I, a HUGE Brees fan, unfortunetely now know that all our hope relies on Rivers...

I don't know you but I have been reading some of your posts and I think hell just froze over!

HellsBells
09-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by: Riversrat

I don't know you but I have been reading some of your posts and I think hell just froze over!

Haha, I hate to say it. He was in my opinion an AMAZING QB...Now, I just hope he goes to the NFC (so he doesn't burn us every year) and has a good career. Looks like Bret Favre all over again...

HellsBells
09-29-2004, 09:15 PM
What am I supposed to do with my #9 jersey?!?

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 09:17 PM
LOL - Good Point. I REALLY REALLY believe Rivers will not disappoint.

Riversrat
09-29-2004, 09:18 PM
What am I supposed to do with my #9 jersey?!?[/quote]

Is anyone 19 or 29?

HellsBells
09-29-2004, 09:23 PM
What am I supposed to do with my #9 jersey?!?

Is anyone 19 or 29?[/quote]

Well...I'll tell my parents i'll take an LT jersey for my birthday.

Chargeroo
09-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Geekster, I've been saying that ever since draft day. They didn't draft PR to watch how Brees or Flutie do it. They drafted him to replace Drew and that would probably have already happened if Philip hadn't held out.

Here comes the next era for our Chargers. Will he be another Dan Marino? Sure do hope so!

boltzman3
09-29-2004, 11:25 PM
lets just hope drew, doesn't become another trent green..!

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by: geekster
There is NO "Quarterback Contraversy" in San Diego - the GM and Head Coach decided that when they spent their first round draft pick on a Quarterback. They didn't draft Gallery to play Tackle and help Drew - they drafted a Quarterback to replace Drew.

There was a reporter at the last tailgater from the Boston Globe who was digging up dirt on a Q.B. controversy here in San Diego. She asked if anything was brewing ala Rob Johnson (or some Johnson) ? She also asked if fans were divided over Flutie not starting ? She was a small tiny gal around 40'ish. We offered her a beer but she said no. Pffft.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Psquared
09-30-2004, 12:53 AM
HAHAHAHAHA He isn't going to be brett favre. To assume he is going to be brett favre is a joke
And he won't burn us cause he can't even burn a team with 9 in the box. The dude is done and sad to say but when he goes good riddance.i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by: geekster
There is NO "Quarterback Contraversy" in San Diego - the GM and Head Coach decided that when they spent their first round draft pick on a Quarterback. They didn't draft Gallery to play Tackle and help Drew - they drafted a Quarterback to replace Drew. They didn't didn't draft either of two potential superstar wide-outs - who could have helped the QB - they drafted a Quargerback to replace Drew. Live with it.

The only thing at question is when will the new kid, Phillip Rivers, be ready to take his first start after holding out during training camp due to contract negotiations. The handwriting is on the wall - the only question is "when" he will replace Drew. To think/dream anything else is going to happen is just so much bull guano.

Nails man. Agreed. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
09-30-2004, 12:18 PM
AJ did what he had to do and IMHO he did the right thing. I wouldn't want the Raiduds to have sheli there to pick us apart the next 10-12 years. Smart move by AJ, no other wat to spin it.

shocku
09-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by: Psquared
HAHAHAHAHA He isn't going to be brett favre. To assume he is going to be brett favre is a joke

And he won't burn us cause he can't even burn a team with 9 in the box. The dude is done and sad to say but when he goes good riddance.

Exactly what a Falcon fan said about brett favre!!!!!!!

guimcharger
09-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Brees will never physically be better than Rivers hands down.

Riversrat
09-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Well...I'll tell my parents i'll take an LT jersey for my birthday.[/quote]

By the time your Bday rolls around you are going to be asking for a Rivers jersey!!!

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by: guimcharger
Brees will never physically be better than Rivers hands down.

When I saw Rivers - Brees - Flutie standing side by side and they were throwing passes at mini-camp, you could immediately see Rivers had the better tools. There was no contest all around. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

chrisbarajas619
09-30-2004, 09:20 PM
All I got to say is that Brees Good Luck where ever you go. Drew you have to get out of San Diego cause Philip Rivers IS GOING TO REPLACE YOU!!! It will be Cleo Lemon and Philip Rivers for sure next season I dont really know what is going to happen to Flutie,but im wishing he can stay at least another season....

GO BOLTs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrumpetDude
09-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: chrisbarajas619

It will be Cleo Lemon and Philip Rivers for sure next season I dont really know what is going to happen to Flutie,but im wishing he can stay at least another season....

Flutie is signed and is cap friendly for 3 years. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Dstorm2004
10-01-2004, 02:10 AM

Haha, I hate to say it. He was in my opinion an AMAZING QB...Now, I just hope he goes to the NFC (so he doesn't burn us every year) and has a good career. Looks like Bret Favre all over again...

You are smoking crack.. seriously... Burn us every year?

Let me tell you a story.. last year just before the season started I was listening to One of the ESPN shows where they are traveling around the country checking out all the teams in PReseason, Training camp etc.. Even then The Comments were that Drew Brees was not going to be the Answer. Specifically they sited his Slow release and how Slow his passes were inside the redzone. They said It was noticably slower than the other teams they had seen in camp.

Everyone including Theisman was saying this about Drew last year... that was BEFORE he Choked and crashed for almost the whole season.

He is not some great QB. He does not have the tools everyone can see it. He is not going to go to some other Team and Suddenly Grow a new arm.

Deal with it.

Dstorm2004
10-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by: chrisbarajas619
All I got to say is that Brees Good Luck where ever you go. Drew you have to get out of San Diego cause Philip Rivers IS GOING TO REPLACE YOU!!! It will be Cleo Lemon and Philip Rivers for sure next season I dont really know what is going to happen to Flutie,but im wishing he can stay at least another season....

I think Flutie will stick around with the team until he Finally retires. He is the best backup in the NFL.. I dont even think its a Contest. He likes San Diego and his Family likes it there as well..

I bet he ends up Coaching for us.

Hector
10-01-2004, 02:19 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW PR'S FINGER IS TODAY?