PDA

View Full Version : Predictions involving SD QBs

geekster
10-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Drew Brees, at the end of his career, will have won many games with his arm. I see him as another Jim Harbaugh type, still learning the game - and one of these days he will probably also be known as "Captain Comeback"... It just won't be as a San Diego Charger. Some time down the pike, I'd be willing to bet he is coaching football too.

Phillip Rivers will be the best thing to hit San Diego since Stan Humphries within a year. I think that inside four years, the kid could be another Dan Marino/Fouts/Elway - only this time around there will be a superb running game to take him all the way. John Elway only had that at the end of his career - Phillip's potential to be the head of a dynasty is amazing if AJ can arrange to keep an appropriate "starting cast" around him.

Doug Flutie cannot be compared to any other QB, because there has never been, nor is their likely to be another NFL Quarterback like him. All he has ever been is an odds beater. Here, at this end of his career, he still is the best guy in the league coming off the bench. I predict Doug Flutie will win at least one game for the Chargers THIS year.

Bolts4Life21
10-01-2004, 10:21 PM
All possible predictions.

guimcharger
10-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I hope so.

WHITELIGHTNING
10-02-2004, 08:56 AM
I cant see into the future, but i hope you are correct as far as Rivers is concerned.

EMCFitch
10-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Please don't compare Rivers to Elway, it is blasphemy.

geekster
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by: EMCFitch

Son, if may be "blasphemy" in your mind - in my mind it is hope for the future of my team. I'm old enough to say and do just about whatever I feel like as long as it doesn't violate someone else's rights. I didn't "COMPARE" any one with John Elway - so there is no need for you to swager in here and try to play the big man coming to somebody's defense - although the word "please" was duely noted... Rather than taking offense you should be proud when someone says that one of the excellent youngsters coming into the game today has the potential to achieve greatness such as one of the all-time great football players. Instead you want to tell ME not to do it?

I take ownership over what I "did" say/predict - not what you "thought" you read.

Have a real nice weekend now, y'here?

-=dave=-

PhillyFan
10-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I agree. Rivers deserves more credit than being compared to Elway.

BIGRICK
10-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Yea that would be like trying to compare Elway to Fouts or Humpries now wouldnt it. Besides I dont remeber him compareing the two anyway. So no more mention of Ol Big teeth in here anymore.

tmvalence4
10-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by: EMCFitch

Whats Ole chompers up to thease days anyway??

TrumpetDude
10-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Ol Big Teeth ? Ol Chompers ?

It is Mr. Ed dudes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
10-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Have you seen Bucky Beaver in those previced (sp) commercials, man the dude was ugly when he was young but I almost didnt recognize him. He is one foul looking dude now.