PDA

View Full Version : The time is now

Butcher
10-02-2004, 05:40 AM
The time has come to play Rivers and let him take his lumps. Brees has had all the chances he's earned. Defences know exactly how to beat him. They know his field is only 35 yards deep regardless of where the line of scrimmage is. Our only deep threat is a handoff. Teams believe the only way to loose to my beloved bolts is to beat yourself. Ala Houston. We're so close. With Rivers at least They'll know that he can, with the same seemingly minimal effort, put the ball forty yards down field as four yards. Spreading the field will take some pressure off of him as well as L.T. and our " less than ready for prime time" o-line. They need a leader. Rivers inspires confidence even when he stuggles. All great leaders have the ability to get people to follow them into a firestorm. Custer, Lee, Cartman. The days of letting the rookie learn from the sidelines are long gone sportsfans, every-one knows that but Marty. Lets get him in there while we've still got brees to fall back on in a REAL emergency. Bite the bullit!

WHITELIGHTNING
10-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Rivers will play as soon as Brees hangs himself with poor play again or is injured.

TrumpetDude
10-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
Rivers will play as soon as Brees hangs himself with poor play again or is injured.

The day of reckoning is upon us .... the apocolypse .... i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

foty89
10-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude

The day of reckoning is upon us .... the apocolypse ....

The day has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
10-05-2004, 08:52 AM
i didn't say when it was going to happen only that it would.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TrumpetDude
10-05-2004, 12:28 PM
i didn't say when it was going to happen only that it would.

Me neither ... it is just the tick tock ... tick tock i/expressions/clock.gif of the situation has everybody on the edge of madness. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

spysnipedis
10-05-2004, 12:31 PM
as long as the chargers go to playoffs/super bowl it doesnt matter.

run21lt
10-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Gotta keep Brees in there as long as he's doing well. It's nice to see him getting to play entire games without getting yanked. Let's see what he does against some better teams the next few weeks.

TrumpetDude
10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by: run21lt
Gotta keep Brees in there as long as he's doing well. It's nice to see him getting to play entire games without getting yanked. Let's see what he does against some better teams the next few weeks.

This could very well be Drews' last game as the Bolts play Atlanta Oct 17 and the trade deadline is Oct. 19th. A.J. is carring 4 Q.B.'s on the active roster of 53 players for a real reason. Unheard of - right ? i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

1960BoltFan
10-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude

Originally posted by: run21lt

This could very well be Drews' last game as the Bolts play Atlanta Oct 17 and the trade deadline is Oct. 19th. A.J. is carring 4 Q.B.'s on the active roster of 53 players for a real reason. Unheard of - right ?

We need to play Rivers and find out how good he is before we trade Brees. I feel Rivers is going to be great, but I'd like to see him in a real game first. Marty needs to smarten up and when Brees sucks the first 2 or 3 series, pull him and put in Rivers.. So far Brees has started off great 2 games and sucked at first in 2 games, in both cases he played the same for the whole game. 2 great games, 2 of the most awful games imaginable for a qb. So next bad game, pull him and let Rivers get a chance. I just don't understand sticking with a cold hand and losing the game like we did against the Jets and Denver.

geekster
10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by: 1960BoltFan
We need to play Rivers and find out how good he is before we trade Brees. I feel Rivers is going to be great, but I'd like to see him in a real game first. Marty needs to smarten up and when Brees sucks the first 2 or 3 series, pull him and put in Rivers.. So far Brees has started off great 2 games and sucked at first in 2 games, in both cases he played the same for the whole game. 2 great games, 2 of the most awful games imaginable for a qb. So next bad game, pull him and let Rivers get a chance. I just don't understand sticking with a cold hand and losing the game like we did against the Jets and Denver.

Hi 1960BoltFan,

OK, forget my question in the other thread - having read this now I understand where you were coming from in it too.

However I disagree with you philosophically. If the kid goes in - we need to STICK with him - not have the previous starter looking over HIS shoulder too. You simply can't have it both ways and come up with some kind of two-starting QB system - that has been tried before and just does not work. (Ask SFran and the Fish)...

I would prefer to see Drew traded into a good situation than set back and wait for him to either come off the field injured or because of frustration from the Coaching staff with his play.

tmvalence4
10-05-2004, 06:46 PM
I cant wait to see all the people calling for Drews head calling for Cleo when Rivers loses!! They called for Brees when Flutie ran the show remember? Brees is WINNING folks... Do you think we'll go undefeated the rest of the year with Rivers?? Lets adjust to the positives with what works first then see where that takes us.. Only if the season is shot should we risk it with Rivers..Im seeing alot of light at the end of the tunnel folks,come on we've been through worse before...

TrumpetDude
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: tmvalence4
I cant wait to see all the people calling for Drews head calling for Cleo when Rivers loses!!

Why ? This is natural for fans to get down on a Q.B. when he has a bad game. Is the sniper fan response to the fans who get on Rivers "I told you so, we should have kept Brees ?"

I don't want to see any Chargers Q.B. lose no matter how I could posture my self as a fan. This makes little sense ? i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

geekster
10-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: tmvalence4
I cant wait to see all the people calling for Drews head calling for Cleo when Rivers loses!! They called for Brees when Flutie ran the show remember? Brees is WINNING folks... Do you think we'll go undefeated the rest of the year with Rivers?? Lets adjust to the positives with what works first then see where that takes us.. Only if the season is shot should we risk it with Rivers..Im seeing alot of light at the end of the tunnel folks,come on we've been through worse before...

ho hum... This has all been said before - and by the choice of your avitar we already know you support Drew - I happen to like him too - but you are flying in the face of logic here. The decision was made public on draft day - now the only thing at question is when Drew is dealt and when the kid starts...