PDA

View Full Version : Heisman thread

dgjock
10-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Since I did not see any heisman thread, I thought I will start one.
I think Orton is for real, although Benson also looked good. We picked the wrong QB from Purdue i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I guess it's too late now.

toalsonj7
10-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by: dgjock
Since I did not see any heisman thread, I thought I will start one.
I think Orton is for real, although Benson also looked good. We picked the wrong QB from Purdue . I guess it's too late now.

Kyle is the real deal. Currently he has over 1300 yards, 17 td's, and no pics. His greatest attribute is that he is quite skillful in the art of the audible, in addition to playing with his leading receiver for 4 years (they are completely on the same page). He has certain physical attributes that you really want to see in a qb; he is 6'4, 225 pounds, runs a 4.6, and throws a dart. Also, a constant at this position at Purdue is intelligence. The one thing that he has that Drew did not, is much more freedom to audible. This guy has been scouted by the NFL for 2 years now, and he will most definitely be a first round pick. It is near impossible to compare Kyle and Drew.....both were/are tremendous college qb's; and there is a bright future for both of them. Excuse the bias....I am a Purdue grad, but I truly am trying to be as objective as I can.