PDA

View Full Version : Jamal A Joke

chargertom
10-10-2004, 10:05 AM
What a joke this whole Jamal Lewis thing is. Why is football more important then justice? Do you think if you or I had committed the offense, they'd wait until we retired from our job, or could fit it into our schedule before they sent us to prison? I'm so sick of the preferential treatment that these athletes get, because of their money. They wanna play the hip-hop gangsta thug wanna-be role, then I say lock 'em up when they get caught. Jamal claims he is innocent of course, but took the plea so he wouldn't risk conviction and the end of his career. Hey he has the money ... if he was 'innocent' he would have walked. OJ did, why can't he? And the real kick in the nutz is that he was trying to buy 5 KILOS of cocaine. Not a dime bag, for personal use. How much time do you think you or I would get for conspiracy to buy 5 kilos of cocaine, with intent to distribute? Think we'd get 4 months in prison, or life? I think the league needs a new policy. Any felony charge gets you expelled from the league for life. Period. Gun charges, dope charges, spouse abuse charges, whatever. Punt their a$$ out of the league, and let them spend the money they've earned trying to stay out of prison. C ya!

ChargerTom

maverjoe
10-10-2004, 10:23 AM
its not about preferential treatment for athletes...its preferential treatment for THE RICH.

WHITELIGHTNING
10-10-2004, 10:33 AM
The haves, always get over on the have nots.

SDRaiderH8er
10-11-2004, 06:41 AM
At least he will have Martha Stewart to help him get his Jail Cell setup

Dstorm2004
10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
The haves, always get over on the have nots.

Unless you are Martha Stewart... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

lego
10-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Jamal never said he was innocent. He made a public apology for doing a very stupid thing when he was young. If he was innocent then why did he plea bargin? If he's innocent then why did he issue a public apology? When you plea bargin you are pleading guilty. If you pulled a rap sheet up on him it will show a conviction.

But I agree with you why is the justice system fitting this into his schedule. I wish I had that luxury if I got busted.

HellsBells
10-14-2004, 04:13 PM
It is bull that they can do whatever they want then serve their jailtime in the offseason. If an average joe did it, he would be in jail right now. Its all a joke.