PDA

View Full Version : Giants- the luckiest team in the league. Period.

HeadTrip
10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
As i watch the NY DAL game, all I can tell you is the giants are not good, but they sure are lucky. They get 7 points due to 3 penalties by dallas ON A BILL PARCELLS TEAM, that give them first downs. This includes a terrible running into the kicker call, and also an elbow to the face personal foul on 3rd and goal for a fresh set of downs. They did some decent things in that game, but nothing worthy of 4-1. I guess sometimes its better to be lucky than good huh?

Boltron
10-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Cowboys suck. Giants score again.

squabble
10-11-2004, 03:53 AM
I don't think they were half as bad as that, they run the ball well and their OLine looks vastly improved on what they had last season. Their defense is quite good and while they are the greatest team around they are a fair looking side!

Cowboys were poor today and some of the coaching calls were very questionable, not least the 4th and a long yard call they went for with 10 minutes or so left on the clock, 6 points behind and the ball inside their own half.

Bolts4Life21
10-11-2004, 08:50 PM
I don't like the Giants, but they're winning. Call it what you want, say what you will but they are winning. They're just LUCKY they aren't playing the bolts. That would just give them another gauranteed lose.

rrogers
10-12-2004, 11:02 PM
The two teams I cover is the Chargers and the Giants. The Giants because its my wife's team not because I want to. The giants are lucky but given them some credit they find ways to win and as long as them keep crybaby on the sideline I am happy.

Tapeworm21
10-14-2004, 02:13 AM
I wouldn't say the Giants as the luckiest team. I'd say the Jaguars. Did you see that Bronco/Jag's game in week 2? Jags lucked out! Griffin fumbled while in the redzone... all they needed was a FG. THAT'S LUCK! But.... the Jag's are looking good defensively.... we'll see what's brewing up in that team. Cheers!

TrumpetDude
10-26-2004, 11:11 PM
TEAMMATES RESENTFUL OF MANNING?

The folks in Indy are mum and/or in full spin cycle when it comes to the topic of Peyton Manning and his sideline scuffle with receiver Reggie Wayne. Rumors circulating through the league as of Monday night are that Wayne's shout-and-shove of Peyton reflects an undercurrent of resentment toward Manning for his cap-busting contract.

The thinking, per a league source, is that Manning was a "pig" when he didn't have to be. With eight starters slated to become unrestricted free agents after the 2004 season, more than a few players are getting antsy about the effect of Manning's deal on their own ability to get paid.

As one league insider told us on Monday night, "The players know that it's going to impact all of them in coming years."

Meanwhile, it turns out that Wayne isn't the only guy who was in the face of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning on Sunday at the end of the team's loss to the Jaguars. Peyton also was told to stifle himself by the game officials, whom Manning apparently was trying to instruct on the finer points of handling an instant replay review.

Sources close to the on-field action tell us that Manning was acting like a "f--king baby, and like he was the Commissioner or something."

We know it's heresy in some circles to dub Manning a big phony. But we've heard it from enough league insiders to persuade us that there must indeed be something to it. And with some of Manning's own players mustering the stones to take him on in the public eye, Peyton's authority over the team could be crumbling.

PhillyFan
10-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
TEAMMATES RESENTFUL OF MANNING?

The folks in Indy are mum and/or in full spin cycle when it comes to the topic of Peyton Manning and his sideline scuffle with receiver Reggie Wayne. Rumors circulating through the league as of Monday night are that Wayne's shout-and-shove of Peyton reflects an undercurrent of resentment toward Manning for his cap-busting contract.

The thinking, per a league source, is that Manning was a "pig" when he didn't have to be. With eight starters slated to become unrestricted free agents after the 2004 season, more than a few players are getting antsy about the effect of Manning's deal on their own ability to get paid.

As one league insider told us on Monday night, "The players know that it's going to impact all of them in coming years."

Meanwhile, it turns out that Wayne isn't the only guy who was in the face of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning on Sunday at the end of the team's loss to the Jaguars. Peyton also was told to stifle himself by the game officials, whom Manning apparently was trying to instruct on the finer points of handling an instant replay review.

Sources close to the on-field action tell us that Manning was acting like a "f--king baby, and like he was the Commissioner or something."

We know it's heresy in some circles to dub Manning a big phony. But we've heard it from enough league insiders to persuade us that there must indeed be something to it. And with some of Manning's own players mustering the stones to take him on in the public eye, Peyton's authority over the team could be crumbling.

Very insightful post, but I have just one question, What's a Manning?

TrumpetDude
10-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by: PhillyFan
Very insightful post, but I have just one question, What's a Manning?

I have been looking for a name you call the clear jiggly clear stuff you see in Spam or cans of ham.

It is spineless and looks like a hocked up lung puppy. No redeeming qualities. That is a "Manning".

guimcharger
11-20-2004, 11:03 PM
lucky.

HeadTrip
11-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Hehe i forgot i posted this! Sure is sweet how the lack of talent has finally caught up with the gnats isnt it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

spysnipedis
11-22-2004, 12:51 AM
oh they lose.

Eli should have stayed on the bench now the fans will be like "Bench ELI"

FeelTheBrees
11-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Im sorry i just dont see how They are lucky? I mean granted they are loosing some right now but i mean They have made improvements and their coaching staff is good, me being a Firm believer in there is no such ting as luck i feel they beat the hard people but loose to the people that have loosing records. I must say they have talent in The wide out corps and their Runningback Corps. i do not believe tiki has fumbled all season. Please give me more of a reason why they are lucky besides the fact that the dallas pentaltys

HeadTrip
11-26-2004, 06:45 PM
The redskins had 7 turn overs and the giants won by 7 points. They suck a fat one.

phillyboltsfan
11-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Hahahaha Giants suck.

It was nice to see Eli get a taste of "the phreak". Yeah Jevon Kearse!

oklahomasooners
11-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Giants aren't the luckiest team, they wasted a 1st round pick on a crybaby, sucky QB.