PDA

View Full Version : reported from Hacksaw...

robanalog
10-11-2004, 05:26 PM
in a "late breaking NFL story..."- Drew is being shopped and the Packers are interested. They just aren't sure if they want to give up a 3rd rounder for him...
Who else could we want from Green Bay?
If we got a third rounder for Drew...is there any other team we could trade the pick for?

AgentGarcia
10-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Shopped right now right now, or for later later?

2004 or 2005?

HBBoltFan
10-11-2004, 05:35 PM
I think AJ is willing to get the most out of Drew this season and let him walk when it is over. You would like to get something for Drew but if he continues to play as he has it is a potential playoff season. When put in that perspective I don't think AJ would trade the possibility of the playoffs for a third rounder. PR is the future but the present aint to bad right now.

WHITELIGHTNING
10-11-2004, 05:41 PM
I'd trade him in a heart beat, Miami is hurting bad at QB both of them went down this weekend.

TrumpetDude
10-11-2004, 05:45 PM
We will get one more game out of Brees in Atlanta and then 48 hours later - Brees will be traded. I feel it in the football karma - it could be gas ? Nah .... i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

BlueandGoldRush
10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
If the price is right, I'm not completely against trading Drew. But NOT for just a 3rd round pick. We better get more than that for him, or I'd just assume keep him for the rest of the year.

robanalog
10-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by: BlueandGoldCrush
If the price is right, I'm not completely against trading Drew. But NOT for just a 3rd round pick. We better get more than that for him, or I'd just assume keep him for the rest of the year.

So you'd rather let him go and get nothing for it? It is risky seeing how the team is starting to build some confidence but the trading deadline is over in a week or so...Why does it seems like the Dolphins are taking all of our castoffs?
How about we trade Drew for Seau and a 3rd rounder?

geekster
10-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Hacksaw who? If it was Hacksaw Jack Reynolds I might listen...

xnet
10-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
We will get one more game out of Brees in Atlanta and then 48 hours later - Brees will be traded. I feel it in the football karma - it could be gas ? Nah ....

I think a trade is immenient myself.

Dstorm2004
10-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I think with the numbers he is putting up the last couple of weeks that there are 3-4 teams that would be all over us to get him.

I see a player and at least a 3rd rounder.

We need a Stud WR... Someone BIG with good hands. Speed is negotiable. We need another huge 3rd down playmaker.

Dstorm2004
10-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by: robanalog

Originally posted by: BlueandGoldCrush

So you'd rather let him go and get nothing for it? It is risky seeing how the team is starting to build some confidence but the trading deadline is over in a week or so...Why does it seems like the Dolphins are taking all of our castoffs?

How about we trade Drew for Seau and a 3rd rounder?

How about we trade Brees for Booker and a 3rd rounder..

geekster
10-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO

I think a trade might be immanent myself - but it doesn't necessarily involve Brees....

Dstorm2004
10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by: geekster

I think a trade might be immanent myself - but it doesn't necessarily involve Brees....

Let me guess.. you think we are going to trade Rivers...

That is taking abig chance that Brees does not go back to his old ways if the pressure is gone. Then what. Charger fans would cry for years and blame the coaching staff for letting the next dan Marino slip away while we continie to underperform.

Of course it could turn out exaxtly the oposite.. That is a tough call.

Personally I would bank on Rivers and let brees go. He is playing well. but its still only 1/2 a game with virtually nothing to the Wide outs. Any defense that takes away gates basically shuts us off.

Critter
10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Mort just had his update on Countdown and talked about Drew.

He never mentioned anything about Drew being traded.

He did say that he thinks that Rivers will take over sometime this season and that Drew will most likely be a Packer next season.

Dstorm2004
10-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by: Critter
Mort just had his update on Countdown and talked about Drew.

He never mentioned anything about Drew being traded.

He did say that he thinks that Rivers will take over sometime this season and that Drew will most likely be a Packer next season.

One problem with that logic....

If brees continues to perform well enough that we keep winning then there is no way he gets pulled *unless* the packers offer the sun moon and stars before the deadline.

Brees playing well, not being traded, and Rivers getting a start is just Fantasy land.

Shamrock
10-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Trade Brees?

A guy, who right now, is the FIFTH rated passer in the NFL?

A guy with a two game winning streak? One who has led us to an over .500 record through 5 games?

Hacksaw is a bumbling idiot. Where is his reference for this "trade" ????

If the Chargers win vs Atlanta, and then trade Brees - then that's sends a message that they don't care about this season.

Compensation is nice, but in the reality of the cap era, you aren't always going to get something in return for your players.

Keep Brees. Compensation be damned.

geekster
10-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by: Dstorm2004

That is taking abig chance that Brees does not go back to his old ways if the pressure is gone. Then what. Charger fans would cry for years and blame the coaching staff for letting the next dan Marino slip away while we continie to underperform.
Personally I would bank on Rivers and let brees go. He is playing well. but its still only 1/2 a game with virtually nothing to the Wide outs. Any defense that takes away gates basically shuts us off.
Trade RIVERS? Man share some of that stuff you are smokin will ya?

Dstorm2004
10-11-2004, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by: Dstorm2004

Here man.. *passes the clip*....

Ok then yiou are thinking Flutie gets traded? At least i am relieved that you are not talking about Rivers.. *whew*..

Shamrock
10-11-2004, 06:26 PM

Everyone who is even thinking about trading Rivers needs to get that idea out of their heads.

Rivers contract has escalators that would make ALL his future bonuses and incentives come due immediately if he is traded. That was reported shortly after he signed.

For cap purposes, it would be impossible to trade him.

Chargers
10-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Trading your starting QB, who currently has a 100.0 rating, during the season is absurd, especially when he has a chance to lead the Bolts to the playoffs. I would rather not get a draft pick for him and win some games then stick PR in there and have him go through growing pains. If there is any shot at all at the playoffs, we must go for it. No more of this future crap. THE FUTURE IS NOW AND I WANT TO WIN!

JonSD
10-11-2004, 06:41 PM
I trust the Weasel as much as I trust Philly Billy's Werndel Wire.

RAANNNNCHOOOOO BUENO VISTA, show me your LIGHTNING BOLTS!!

awright
10-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Im a Brees fan and dont want to see him traded because then my 80 bucks for his jersey is down the drain, but who says that Rivers cant come in an play like Roth in pittsburg. If he can do that, then we could get a 3rd rounder for Brees and still go to the playoffs!!!!!

Chargers
10-11-2004, 06:57 PM
While it is entirely possible....I'd rather not risk it! If it ain't broke then don't fix it...and right now it ain't broke! The march to the playoffs starts Sunday @ ATL!

Sdboltz619
10-11-2004, 07:02 PM
how about drew for 2nd round pick and seau. that would work for me heh. I figure it takes Jr. 3-4 weeks to get used to our new aggresive system being the smart guy/player he is and start........ Rivers

Sdboltz619
10-11-2004, 07:02 PM
oh by the way i dont think we should trade drew but if we do thats what i want

Sdboltz619
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
ok what drew needs to do is show 9 games of consistent qb play in a row.. he does that we win big easy and often.

Thunderstruck
10-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: awright
Im a Brees fan and dont want to see him traded because then my 80 bucks for his jersey is down the drain, but who says that Rivers cant come in an play like Roth in pittsburg. If he can do that, then we could get a 3rd rounder for Brees and still go to the playoffs!!!!!

Roth has played well, but the Steelers haven't made the playoffs just yet.

HeadTrip
10-11-2004, 07:39 PM
We are set up for the future already. We have 2 #1 picks and 2 #3 picks. If Brees can lead us to the playoffs, which at this point is entirely possible, then we need to keep him. Lets restore some of that greatness that the Bolts once had!

tmvalence4
10-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by: Sdboltz619
how about drew for 2nd round pick and seau. that would work for me heh. I figure it takes Jr. 3-4 weeks to get used to our new aggresive system being the smart guy/player he is and start........ Rivers

Seau is a GIMPY OLD MAN!! Stick a fork in him he's done,been done and REPLACED!!!

Bolt4Life
10-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: robanalog
in a "late breaking NFL story..."- Drew is being shopped and the Packers are interested. They just aren't sure if they want to give up a 3rd rounder for him...

Who else could we want from Green Bay?

If we got a third rounder for Drew...is there any other team we could trade the pick for?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
OMG!! Rawr!! I have teers comming out of my eyes, and he isn't even traded, but the thought of us being so stupid to shop Drew Breese around for a 3rd round pick is making me ANGRY!! Meh! I am just so confused right now??>?<

**Bursts into more teers**

BlueandGoldRush
10-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Especially if Drew beats ATL, his value will be at an all-time high. With Big Ben having some success in Pit, you know managment is itching to get Rivers out there. So a trade makes sense. Like someone else said, if we can get 2 or 3 teams bidding for him (Bears, Packers, Fins?) AJ should be able to get a quality player (WR?).

If the Chargers win vs Atlanta, and then trade Brees - then that's sends a message that they don't care about this season.

I agree that it would send the wrong message if we only got a draft pick, but if the Bolts got a solid WR like Booker, I don't think it does. We are winning, yes, but we are really struggling at the WR position. An upgrade there would make this offense even more potent.

Chargeroo
10-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Look at this from todays U-T
"But in the two games since, he has been brilliant, completing 33-of-46 passes (72 percent) for 417 yards and five touchdowns, with one sack and no interceptions or fumbles. His combined QB rating for those games: 135.9. A perfect rating is 158.3."

Many of us thought that the problem with Brees was inexperience and a weak o-line. It looks like that's turning out to be correct. He's doing great since this o-line got it together. What more could we ask of our QB? A few weeks ago I was certain that PR would be the starter by the time we went to Atlanta but they can't replace a QB that's playing this well with a rookie, even a great looking rookie like Philip Rivers.

Can we keep Brees and Rivers? That's very costly but some teams are doing it - Tenn. and Oakland both have two QB's that have a hefty price tag. It may be that the Bolts will do that same thing. One thing certain - it's very interesting for fans of a team that haven't had a good QB since 1995. Looks like we have two now! WooHoo.

lego
10-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by: awright

If you play the odds Rivers will go through a learning curve. It's almost guaranteed he won't play up to what Bress is right now. I take a shot at the playoffs now with Brees over a 3rd round draft pick any day. Hell I give up my 3rd round draft pick every year for a run at the playoffs.

yodafro
10-14-2004, 10:57 AM
The Packers can't afford to get Drew from us. We are not going to give him up

duet2it
10-14-2004, 11:34 AM
If we trade Brees the season is over.They will never reach the play-offs w/o him

WHITELIGHTNING
10-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't keep brees past this year if we dont trade him, I still think he will collapse. Two wins and all of a sudden his on the same level as favre? heck he isn't even on the level of Collins and he aint that great.