PDA

View Full Version : ITs not brees

MichaelzoneX
10-16-2004, 10:25 AM
It is our O Caldwell is great Gates is great and LT doing terrific I bet if PR has these three great players to throw to he will be just as good as brees

BOLTERFAN
10-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Not True. The speed of the NFL game is much faster. Drew has learned how to make quick decisions and go through the progressions at this level. Philip will struggle with that. He is going to take time to develop. Sit back and enjoy the ride right now. Give Brees some credit man. Only 2 INTS for the entire season. That is great man let alone a 100+ QB rating. Brees is playing great. Question are you a Charger fan or a PR fan?

MichaelzoneX
10-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Chargers fan for life

Chargeroo
10-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Last year when people said the offense is bad because Brees is bad, I said it's not all Brees. It's the O-line, the WR's and Brees. This year when the offense is good, it's not all Brees. It's the O-line, the WR's and Brees. The only constant has been LT. He's always good!

Can the offense continue to do this well if Rivers takes over? I doubt it because he's a rookie, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it kept on ticking because the O-line and the receivers and LT will still be there. Rivers is sure going to be very good, but it's doubtful he'll start off like a house afire in the NFL but this O-line seems capable of giving him time and that's very important to a young QB. I just hope the Bolts make the right decision on thsi QB question.

TrumpetDude
10-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
Last year when people said the offense is bad because Brees is bad, I said it's not all Brees. It's the O-line, the WR's and Brees. This year when the offense is good, it's not all Brees. It's the O-line, the WR's and Brees. The only constant has been LT. He's always good!

Can the offense continue to do this well if Rivers takes over? I doubt it because he's a rookie, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it kept on ticking because the O-line and the receivers and LT will still be there. Rivers is sure going to be very good, but it's doubtful he'll start off like a house afire in the NFL but this O-line seems capable of giving him time and that's very important to a young QB. I just hope the Bolts make the right decision on thsi QB question.

I hate to see Drew go and we better get some mega value NOW and in the future otherwise, A.J. needs to ride the hot hand. I would not settle for peanuts for Drew Brees. Something with teeth needs to be on the table which will get Chargers fans giddy or this could be a PR (public relations) fiasco. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

lepersquall
10-16-2004, 12:27 PM
unless he goes out and flops

chargers2005
10-16-2004, 12:48 PM
You dont realize that brees is a very hard to come by player. He is the kind of player who can make something out of nothing. Rivers is your typical pocket passer. Tomlinson and Gates are both good under bress's on the run style because the ye and the rb are both dump guys.

tmvalence4
10-16-2004, 02:51 PM
AM i hearing things correctly,? Do people think Drew IS WORTH something NOW??? Why would ANYONE want to invest in a weak armed QB who is to INCONSISTANT to play in the NFL.... This winning thing is just a fluke RIGHT? The REAL Brees will be back soon to screw everything up for us soon ... Just kidding!!!

spysnipedis
10-16-2004, 05:18 PM
best be kidding, there are a lot of brees haters and don't seem to understand how coming in to the NFL you'll be the best. It takes time to learn the speed of NFL football. Now that Brees has a o-line and WRs/Gates/LT he is able to do better. Starting Rivers will not be good. he will suck like brees did and start to get better.

ziggyp22
10-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Nobody can possibly suck as bad as Brees did. Rivers will embarrass him.

BOLTERFAN
10-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by: ziggyp22

Your Wrong. How can you say that after having Leaf and Wilehelm (SP) on this team in the past. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Johndbr
10-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by: MichaelzoneX
It is our O Caldwell is great Gates is great and LT doing terrific I bet if PR has these three great players to throw to he will be just as good as brees

Oh great, another rocket scientist decides to start posting. So basically what you are saying is now that the Chargers have some tools and a o-line; that we should dump the guy who suffered through not having them and put in the rookie. You are a gem of a fella, I bet your imaginary friend just loves you.

However, I hate to burst your bubble, but it takes a little more than just having the tools. Rivers will tank this team hard and fast if he takes the field now. He might have had a chance if he went through camp, but he didn't and on the field during a regular season when we are winning is not the time to get him some OJT.

John B.

dgjock
10-16-2004, 10:15 PM

Well I do agree that Caldwell, gates and the online is better and I do agree that Drew will be better if they are better, but I disagree if you think Rivers can do as well as Drew now. As you migth have noticed, our personnel is good but not super duper good, put a rookie at QB and we will suck again.

dgjock
10-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by: ziggyp22

I think you are a troll, go back to your cave. I'll start the countdown

Thunderstruck
10-16-2004, 10:29 PM
I beg to differ with the "Caldwell is great" observation. Caldwell has been good, and has made some great plays, but I would hardly call three catches a game "great." He needs to show me a few games where he dominates his man throughout before I'll start calling him great.

rrogers
10-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by: BOLTERFAN
Not True. The speed of the NFL game is much faster. Drew has learned how to make quick decisions and go through the progressions at this level. Philip will struggle with that. He is going to take time to develop. Sit back and enjoy the ride right now. Give Brees some credit man. Only 2 INTS for the entire season. That is great man let alone a 100+ QB rating. Brees is playing great. Question are you a Charger fan or a PR fan?

i agree

Rip
10-17-2004, 02:53 AM
Wow, the stupidity on the this board really amazes me sometimes

JASONCAZ
10-17-2004, 03:11 AM
There is no way Phillip Rivers could do the job Drew Brees is doing. It doesn't matter who on the Offense is doing great if you don't have the timing at quarterback that Brees has learned! Your Offense goes NO WHERE!!!!!! FAST!!! Getting rid of Brees would be one of the worst moves in CHARGERS HISTORY!

guimcharger
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
I think if Rivers has a good grasp of the offense then he would be almost as good as Brees. Their is no reason that Rivers couldn't go into the game and do good like Big Ben in Pittsburg.

HellsBells
10-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey moderators, can we just have a "I think Rivers/Flutie is better than Brees" sticky? It would save a lot of topics being made.

Thunderstruck
10-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I give up. Trade Brees. Throw Rivers in there so the pom-pom wavers here can learn something about the NFL while the team goes on to a 5-11 season. I predict three games before they're screaming for Lemon or Flutie and browbeating the FO for trading Brees.

Get out of fantasyland people.

spysnipedis
10-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
I give up. Trade Brees. Throw Rivers in there so the pom-pom wavers here can learn something about the NFL while the team goes on to a 5-11 season. I predict three games before they're screaming for Lemon or Flutie and browbeating the FO for trading Brees.

you know what they will say if that happens.. 1. "It's better than what brees would of done."
2. "He's a rookie let him develop."

what other excuses can be made if this happens

RollinThunder
10-18-2004, 10:31 AM
All of the "we should've drafted Gallery" folks are going to claim they wanted Roethlisberger all along. Igor sacks Vick! Kaeding is money! Drew is going to make someone a nice QB in '05.

tourplayer2004
10-18-2004, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by: JASONCAZ
There is no way Phillip Rivers could do the job Drew Brees is doing. It doesn't matter who on the Offense is doing great if you don't have the timing at quarterback that Brees has learned! Your Offense goes NO WHERE!!!!!! FAST!!! Getting rid of Brees would be one of the worst moves in CHARGERS HISTORY!

Correct me if I'm wrong.......didn't the Chargers lose yesterday? A loss is a loss, whether by 70 points or 1 point. While I find the Drew Brees "love fest" amusing, he still didn't get the job done. I asked someone today at work how many completed passes and how many yards passing Brees had. He quietly said, "Not enough." No truer words have been spoken. I think it's time for something different. How many times do you have to put your hand on the hot stove before you say, "man that burns!" Get real people. Brees will eventually fall back into his normal self. He's just playing well enough now to pass the trade deadline. My prediction is he will be benched halfway through the next game for allowing us to be 21 points behind.(prove me wrong......I dare you)

Oh.....and the folks who KNOW about the "speed of the NFL".........I guess you speak from experience. How could you POSSIBLY know how Rivers would do? You've defeated him before he even gets started. This is why I do not SAY that a person will never make it until I see them perform. Yeah.....Brees is kinda like a Mark Brunell.......maybe on Brunell's off day. Sure he's had some good games.....but he'll return to normal soon enough so all this won't matter anyway.

My $0.02

joesoccerus
10-18-2004, 03:33 PM
A loss is a loss, whether by 70 points or 1 point. While I find the Drew Brees "love fest" amusing, he still didn't get the job done.TextText

His stats don't look all that bad and he's still the number 5 rated passer...do you really think PR with about a few weeks of TC would do better then Brees at this point? I'm a acharger fan and want the best qb in there that would give them the best chance of winning...up to this point its been Brees. He's shown improvement in his accuracy from last year and is finally getting it done. Yes we lost by one point, but again can we all blame brees for losing? and then praise everyone but brees when we win? the love fest is more like reality fest...in reality brees is better then last year and putting up some decent numbers. Brees seems determined to be the starting qb on this team and until he shows me otherwise i would not call for his head because we lost a game by one point because of our secondary deficiences giving up big plays. I would like to see Rivers in, don't get me wrong, but not at the stage of rookie year with close to no TC and with Brees doing so well. consistency is always in question with brees and the last few games he's been consistently good...lets see if he keeps it up.

are you really a charger fan by the way? jw...

tourplayer2004
10-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by: joesoccerus
A loss is a loss, whether by 70 points or 1 point. While I find the Drew Brees "love fest" amusing, he still didn't get the job done.TextText

His stats don't look all that bad and he's still the number 5 rated passer...do you really think PR with about a few weeks of TC would do better then Brees at this point? I'm a acharger fan and want the best qb in there that would give them the best chance of winning...up to this point its been Brees. He's shown improvement in his accuracy from last year and is finally getting it done. Yes we lost by one point, but again can we all blame brees for losing? and then praise everyone but brees when we win? the love fest is more like reality fest...in reality brees is better then last year and putting up some decent numbers. Brees seems determined to be the starting qb on this team and until he shows me otherwise i would not call for his head because we lost a game by one point because of our secondary deficiences giving up big plays. I would like to see Rivers in, don't get me wrong, but not at the stage of rookie year with close to no TC and with Brees doing so well. consistency is always in question with brees and the last few games he's been consistently good...lets see if he keeps it up.

are you really a charger fan by the way? jw...

Yes.....am a Charger fan. We're not going to the show this year, so why not start building for the future.

WHITELIGHTNING
10-18-2004, 04:18 PM

So what your saying is, It will be ok to go 5-11 in 2005 while Rivers is learning to play?????
just asking.

TrumpetDude
10-18-2004, 04:25 PM

Have faith ... believe that our talent scouts have not gagged it on Rivers. The defenses are finding out there is no reason to respect the long ball and in the meantime, LT is DYING. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

bugmenot
10-18-2004, 04:29 PM
So one day of trading left .. is brees talking to his real estate agent or is he chilling in the jacuzzi?

TrumpetDude
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by: bugmenot
So one day of trading left .. is brees talking to his real estate agent or is he chilling in the jacuzzi?

I suspect a little of both to have those bases covered. He is a millionaire so I would be kickin' it with my hot chick. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

spysnipedis
10-18-2004, 06:18 PM
I suspect a little of both to have those bases covered. He is a millionaire so I would be kickin' it with my hot chick.

i wish i was a millionaire.

tmvalence4
10-18-2004, 09:45 PM

Hey NO FAIR!!!! I said that last month!!

tmvalence4
10-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by: tourplayer2004

Originally posted by: JASONCAZ

Correct me if I'm wrong.......didn't the Chargers lose yesterday? A loss is a loss, whether by 70 points or 1 point. While I find the Drew Brees "love fest" amusing, he still didn't get the job done. I asked someone today at work how many completed passes and how many yards passing Brees had. He quietly said, "Not enough." No truer words have been spoken. I think it's time for something different. How many times do you have to put your hand on the hot stove before you say, "man that burns!" Get real people. Brees will eventually fall back into his normal self. He's just playing well enough now to pass the trade deadline. My prediction is he will be benched halfway through the next game for allowing us to be 21 points behind.(prove me wrong......I dare you)

Oh.....and the folks who KNOW about the "speed of the NFL".........I guess you speak from experience. How could you POSSIBLY know how Rivers would do? You've defeated him before he even gets started. This is why I do not SAY that a person will never make it until I see them perform. Yeah.....Brees is kinda like a Mark Brunell.......maybe on Brunell's off day. Sure he's had some good games.....but he'll return to normal soon enough so all this won't matter anyway.

My $0.02 I guess I SHOULD have had TIGHTER COVERAGE on Peerless Price... ALSO, after I threw that pass to antonio,I shoulda ran my lazy A$$ out there and caught it too!!!

sd21run
10-18-2004, 10:18 PM

In the past when the offense was Terrible because we only had Tomlinson and Boston (such lack of talent) it was all Drew Brees' Fault.

Now the Offense is productive, and you tell me it has nothing to do with Drew Brees?

Do me a favor: root for a different team.

Johndbr
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
My $0.02

I think this post is definitely in my top 5 most pathetic of all time. What do you think this is Tennis? This is not a single player sport; it is a team sport and that means there is more than one person playing it at the same time, hence more than one person is responsible for a win or loss. NO ONE DOES IT ALONE.

You totally Ignore the penalties
You totally ignore the play calling
and you totally ignore the dropped passes.

Yes we lost by one point and it was Brees who kept us in the game by doing the most that he could with what was given him. Right now Brees is currently the 9th best passer in the league, he is getting 7 plus yards per pass attempt making him 11th best passer in the league, his longest pass play is 59 yards putting him above such notables as T. Green McNabb and Warrner, he has thrown 9 tds and is tied for 6th best with McNabb, he has only thrown 3 ints which puts him in 4th tied with several others for the least thrown and he has a QB rating of 98.3 5th best in the league. WHAT THE HELL ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM A QB? none of them totally dominate all the stats, so your dream QB does not exist {but you have to give Culpepper props, he comes damn close}.

All you are is a Rivers Rider and your only goal is to get him to start, no matter what damage it will do to the team and this season. Drew is far better than Rivers and better than Roethlisberger {the guy every one wants to compare him with and believe Rivers could do as good or better} in completions, total yards, longest pass play, TDs thrown and Ints thrown. On top of that, look who they did it against. Roethlisberger has been going up against such power houses as Miami, Cincinnati, Cleavland and lets not forget the overly dominating Dallas. Now there are some real tough teams to up against. In the mean time, Brees has been going up against such wimps as Huston, New York Jets, Denver, Tennessee, Jacksonville and Atlanta. 2 of which are first place teams and 2 second place teams {one of which has yet to loss and is not in first only because they are unfortunate enough to be in the same division as Indianapolis} we and Brees would give our right arms for Roethlisberger schedule.

How about this for a prediction, in 2 weeks Roethlisberger's star comes crashing down to Earth and life gets back to normal for the rookie when he goes up against the Pats and gets spanked. He also will not fare any better the following week against the Eagles. At best the Steelers go 4-5 for the rest of the season with the rookie Roethlisberger at the helm. Maybe better if Maddox can get back in time.

Brees and the Chargers win next week and will continue to

TrumpetDude
10-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by: Johndbr
The Chargers at worst go, 7-3 for the rest of the season and make a real run at the division and definitely will be in it for the wild card spot, BUT ONLY WITH THE VETERAN BREES AT THE HELM. PUT IN RIVERS AND WE TANK THE SEASON. THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!!!

Non-sense. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Johndbr
10-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
Non-sense.

Sun. Oct. 24 @Carolina 1:00 PM ET 1-4
Sun. Oct. 31 Oakland 4:15 PM ET 2-4
Sun. Nov. 7 New Orleans 4:05 PM ET 2-4
BYE WEEK
Sun. Nov. 21 @Oakland 4:05 PM ET 2-4
Sun. Nov. 28 @Kansas City 1:00 PM ET 1-4
Sun. Dec. 5 Denver 4:05 PM ET 5-1
Sun. Dec. 12 Tampa Bay 4:15 PM ET 1-5
Sun. Dec. 19 @Cleveland 1:00 PM ET 3-3
Sun. Dec. 26 @Indianapolis 1:00 PM ET 4-1
Sun. Jan. 2 Kansas City 4:15 PM ET 1-4

what is non-sense about it? I see Denver and Indianapolis are our 2 main threats for the rest of the season and I threw in one more loss in case we throw in a stinker along the way. Of course that is going on that we stay healthy and do not over look any team. I think it is more than do able considering what they have done in the last few weeks. Where do you differ?

John B.

Chargeroo
10-18-2004, 11:47 PM
I'll be very happy at 1:00 o'clock tomorrow afternoon - that's the trading deadline. Then I can start deleting the 121 threads saying trade Brees, no don't trade Brees! All we'll have left then is the 45 "start Rivers" and 33 "start Flutie" and the 1 "start Lemon" thread. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Johndbr
10-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Sticky the Lemons one, he deservers better i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

John B.

tourplayer2004
10-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I think this post is definitely in my top 5 most pathetic of all time. What do you think this is Tennis? This is not a single player sport; it is a team sport and that means there is more than one person playing it at the same time, hence more than one person is responsible for a win or loss. NO ONE DOES IT ALONE.

You totally Ignore the penalties

You totally ignore the play calling

and you totally ignore the dropped passes.

Yes we lost by one point and it was Brees who kept us in the game by doing the most that he could with what was given him. Right now Brees is currently the 9th best passer in the league, he is getting 7 plus yards per pass attempt making him 11th best passer in the league, his longest pass play is 59 yards putting him above such notables as T. Green McNabb and Warrner, he has thrown 9 tds and is tied for 6th best with McNabb, he has only thrown 3 ints which puts him in 4th tied with several others for the least thrown and he has a QB rating of 98.3 5th best in the league. WHAT THE HELL ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM A QB? none of them totally dominate all the stats, so your dream QB does not exist {but you have to give Culpepper props, he comes damn close}.

All you are is a Rivers Rider and your only goal is to get him to start, no matter what damage it will do to the team and this season. Drew is far better than Rivers and better than Roethlisberger {the guy every one wants to compare him with and believe Rivers could do as good or better} in completions, total yards, longest pass play, TDs thrown and Ints thrown. On top of that, look who they did it against. Roethlisberger has been going up against such power houses as Miami, Cincinnati, Cleavland and lets not forget the overly dominating Dallas. Now there are some real tough teams to up against. In the mean time, Brees has been going up against such wimps as Huston, New York Jets, Denver, Tennessee, Jacksonville and Atlanta. 2 of which are first place teams and 2 second place teams {one of which has yet to loss and is not in first only because they are unfortunate enough to be in the same division as Indianapolis} we and Brees would give our right arms for Roethlisberger schedule.

How about this for a prediction, in 2 weeks Roethlisberger's star comes crashing down to Earth and life gets back to normal for the rookie when he goes up against the Pats and gets spanked. He also will not fare any better the following week against the Eagles. At best the Steelers go 4-5 for the rest of the season with the rookie Roethlisberger at the helm. Maybe better if Maddox can get back in time.

Brees and the Chargers win next week and will continue to improve and shine for the rest of the season. The Chargers at worst go, 7-3 for the rest of the season and make a real run at the division and definitely will be in it for the wild card spot, BUT ONLY WITH THE VETERAN BREES AT THE HELM. PUT IN RIVERS AND WE TANK THE SEASON. THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!!!

John B.

P.S. those predictions are only good if both teams stay healthy. If either or both get the injury bug, naturally they will not do that good.

One SINGLE player can make or break the outcome of any game. Yes....it IS a TEAM sport. But if you don't have ALL of the players on the field working in unison, the pieces fall apart. If you have ONE man stinking it up, then it pulls the whole team down. Brees has had some good games lately. I'm not knocking him for his play this year. But he WILL return to his normal self soon enough and then everyone will be calling for his head. I like Rivers. I like Flutie. I like Lemon. Any one of them would be a good replacement. Your right.....keep things the way they are now until Brees falls on his face again and THEN.....let's do something different. Even iff it's not Rivers who replaces him. How

TrumpetDude
10-19-2004, 02:05 PM

It appears as of 1:04 Pacific Time, Drew Brees is still a Charger ... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Johndbr
10-19-2004, 06:48 PM
One SINGLE player can make or break the outcome of any game. Yes....it IS a TEAM sport. But if you don't have ALL of the players on the field working in unison, the pieces fall apart. If you have ONE man stinking it up, then it pulls the whole team down. Brees has had some good games lately. I'm not knocking him for his play this year. But he WILL return to his normal self soon enough and then everyone will be calling for his head. I like Rivers. I like Flutie. I like Lemon. Any one of them would be a good replacement. Your right.....keep things the way they are now until Brees falls on his face again and THEN.....let's do something different. Even if it's not Rivers who replaces him. How can you be so SURE about the rest of the season if Marty were to put Rivers in. Are you on the coaching staff? Do you sit and watch practices? Do you take long showers with Marty or something? Everyone here is so SURE that Rivers will just flop. Just remember that I said it..........he'll be great right out of the gate.
Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

Well you started out good, but finished dismally. If you had not just jumped on the bandwagon; Mr. Rookie with all of 12 posts, you would know I totally agree with you, but I do not like it when people make a whipping boy out of a person simply because he as the title of coach or QB. That is just not fare. What you are Strongly insinuating is the 5th best QB in the game is the one stinking it up and that is simply not so. If you are going to come out and blame someone at least have the decency to find out who to blame, not just blame someone with a title, because they are there. Brees did not lose us last weeks game, he did everything right as far as I am concerned. Some are blaming the time outs, but I believe it was those time outs that got us into the place we were and not the cause of the loss. You have to have every one on the same page at the time of the snap or things go wrong and if Brees sees something out of place it is his responsibility to get it put in place before ths snap and if that means a time out, so be it. We should have never let up in that game. It was the prevent defense and the offensive play calling that lost us that game, at least I believe so and those damn penalties did not help anything also. God they have to stop. However, do not blame the QB simply because he is the QB. Brees executed the plays that were sent in, he only missed 3 passes the entire second half. That is not half bad on any level and was equal to Vick's misses too. Brees did not lose us that game and does not deserve to be blamed for it.

As for the rest of your post, all I can say is you have my sympathy for having such a sad life. You mean to tell me that you have not improved at all since you were 25? That every time you took a positive step forward that you have fall back to your bad habits shortly after ward. Man that is just pitiful. I guess we will never agree on this, at least not for a year or two, because my life is just totally different than yours. There has never been a month that has gone by that I have not improved myself in one way or the other. When I was 16 I got lucky and a old Master Chief moved in next door to me. Master Chief Jack Delong had a long career in the Navy and had done a lot of work with computers. He even held a position in Hyman G. Rickover's Nuclear program for a considerable time and for those how know about Rickover, they know that was no easy accomplishment. Good old Jack made beer money fixing and repairing computer and was nice enough to introduce me to them and taught me how to fix them too. I did a bunch of work around his house for him and he gave me what he called a True Blue IBM 8086 and I was off and running. By the time I was Brees's age I was fixing and repairing computers myself and I did not stop improving myself there. I went into networking and now I am qualified to work on sys

Johndbr
10-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude

It appears as of 1:04 Pacific Time, Drew Brees is still a Charger ...

I got to admit I am relieved this day has come and gone. You never know what the front office will do and there was just enough logic in the argument to trade Brees to make it possible. Thankfully the Chargers have made the choice to continue winning and not to rebuild again...

John B.

TrumpetDude
10-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I got to admit I am relieved this day has come and gone. You never know what the front office will do and there was just enough logic in the argument to trade Brees to make it possible. Thankfully the Chargers have made the choice to continue winning and not to rebuild again...

Ditto. It makes me wonder what kind of deals A.J. turned down over Brees.

tourplayer2004
10-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Well you started out good, but finished dismally. If you had not just jumped on the bandwagon; Mr. Rookie with all of 12 posts, you would know I totally agree with you, but I do not like it when people make a whipping boy out of a person simply because he as the title of coach or QB. That is just not fare. What you are Strongly insinuating is the 5th best QB in the game is the one stinking it up and that is simply not so.

As for the rest of your post, all I can say is you have my sympathy for having such a sad life. You mean to tell me that you have not improved at all since you were 25? That every time you took a positive step forward that you have fall back to your bad habits shortly after ward. Man that is just pitiful. I guess we will never agree on this, at least not for a year or two, because my life is just totally different than yours. Yes I am almost 40 and some years were slower than others, but I never stopped improving and have no intention to stop either. Whereas you see others as you see yourself, I see others as I see myself. I never stopped improving and I do not expect to see Brees stop either. That is the difference between winners and loser. Brees and I are winners and will continue to be, you well your post speaks for itself on that point, I shall not embellish it any.

As for Rivers, I never have even insinuated he is going to be a bad QB long term and if he actually does become the Chargers starter, I hope and pray he is Dan Fouts with legs. However I do not know of a single time in the history of the NFL that supports your hopes and dreams for Rivers. The closest I know of is the current Roethlisberger's story and all you have to is look at who he has played against to see why and that is going to change soon. By the time the Pats and Eagles are done with him, he will come crashing back to Earth and that is what would happen to Rivers too.

Your most prophetic statement was
THEN.....let's do something different and the funny thing is you do not even know what it means to a real Chargers fan. Ever since Stan the Man retired all the Chargers have done is swap out one QB whipping boy with another. A change for the San Diego Chargers would be to stick with one QB through his growing pains and then reap the benefits of the experience after he matured. Yes I would like to see change, just the right change.

John B.

You sure went into alot of depth. I would appreciate you not talking down to me like I'm some child. My dad doesn't even do that. I'm 32 years old with a wife, child, mortgage, etc. I expect to be treated like it. Now that we've gotten THAT out of the way. How could you possibly know whether or not I strive to improve myself? I also don't appreciate THAT insinuation either. You don't even know me. Do you feel that you must put folks down to lift yourself up? Well, anyway.....back to football. That is what this board is for isn't it?

When I said that it takes a whole team to get the job done and one person can make it or break it, I did not mention one name. You assumed I was talking about Brees. While I would like to see him do well the rest of the year, I have my doubts. Obviously the front office has doubts also or they wouldn't have drafted Rivers. I had a feeling that Brees would "show up" just in time to keep PR off the field. Well, that's fine. Just as long as the Chargers are winning. I honestly hope that it keeps up. But like I said, I have my doubts. I've just watched Rivers for 4 years and have seen with my own eyes what he can do. He makes things happen. He's a leader. He grew up with a dad who was a football coach. He knows the game. That's why I'm pro-Rivers. Not just because he's not Drew Brees. I don't hate Brees. If he's playing well and the TEAM is winning then that will do just fine with me.

TrumpetDude
10-19-2004, 08:23 PM
You sure went into alot of depth. I would appreciate you not talking down to me like I'm some child. My dad doesn't even do that. I'm 32 years old with a wife, child, mortgage, etc. I expect to be treated like it. Now that we've gotten THAT out of the way. How could you possibly know whether or not I strive to improve myself? I also don't appreciate THAT insinuation either. You don't even know me. Do you feel that you must put folks down to lift yourself up? Well, anyway.....back to football. That is what this board is for isn't it?

In the face of a full on flame war, you handled that pretty dang well. Props man. This stuff should never be personal. We are all Chargers fans and should be respectful of that fact first and foremost. Pedantic presumptive arrogance is really base posturing not necessary. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Johndbr
10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
You sure went into a lot of depth. I would appreciate you not talking down to me like I'm some child. My dad doesn't even do that. I'm 32 years old with a wife, child, mortgage, etc. I expect to be treated like it. Now that we've gotten THAT out of the way. How could you possibly know whether or not I strive to improve myself? I also don't appreciate THAT insinuation either. You don't even know me. Do you feel that you must put folks down to lift yourself up? Well, anyway.....back to football. That is what this board is for isn't it?
When I said that it takes a whole team to get the job done and one person can make it or break it, I did not mention one name. You assumed I was talking about Brees. While I would like to see him do well the rest of the year, I have my doubts. Obviously the front office has doubts also or they wouldn't have drafted Rivers. I had a feeling that Brees would "show up" just in time to keep PR off the field. Well, that's fine. Just as long as the Chargers are winning. I honestly hope that it keeps up. But like I said, I have my doubts. I've just watched Rivers for 4 years and have seen with my own eyes what he can do. He makes things happen. He's a leader. He grew up with a dad who was a football coach. He knows the game. That's why I'm pro-Rivers. Not just because he's not Drew Brees. I don't hate Brees. If he's playing well and the TEAM is winning then that will do just fine with me.
So basically you are now saying that you can improve yourself, but Brees can not. How kind of you. If you do not like being treated that way, you should not act like it. Do not forget it as you who said.

My $0.02
and
[quote]
One SINGLE player can make or break the outcome of any game. Yes....it IS a TEAM sport. But if you don't have ALL of the players on the field working in unison, the pieces fall apart. If you have ONE man stinking it up, then it pulls the whole team down. Brees has had some good games lately. I'm not knocking him for his play this year. But he WILL return to his normal self soon enough and then everyone will be calling for his head. I like Rivers. I like Flutie. I like Lemon. Any one of them would be a good replacement. Your right.....keep things the way they are now until Brees falls on his face again and THEN.....let's do something different. Even if it's not Rivers who replaces him. How can you be so SURE about the rest of the season if Marty were to put Rivers in. Are you on the coaching staff? Do you sit and watch practic