PDA

View Full Version : A sincere thank you.....

cbdevil
10-18-2004, 05:47 AM
This isn't really smack talk, but a sincere thank you. With the Chargers coming into the dome a week after a loss, all the NFL was a buzz with talks of THE TRADE. Vick was taking a beating in the press. Going in to the fourth quarter, we looked like a beaten team. But Vick found his spark. He grew tired of trying to become the next Joe Montana or Brett Farve. He remembered he was "Mike Vick" the most electrifying player in the NFL. He rembered that he was a play maker not a sit in the pocket and hope something happened qb. He remembered when he took a poor over all team to an unprecedented win in Green Bay. He became our Vick.

He carried us to a win, not on his legs but with his arm. (Though those legs helped a great deal.) And Falcons fans went home and smiled knowing our Mike Vick was back.

cbdevil
10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Your safety said....

"He didn't hurt us," Wilson said. "He made a couple of good runs, but, hell, everybody we play makes a couple of good plays. He didn't do anything spectacular. All he did was throw the ball and let the receivers run under it. He's just a regular old quarterback, man, with some speed. So, he didn't do anything spectacular to me."

So you got beat by a regular old quarterback. That makes him look worse.

SDRaiderH8er
10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by: cbdevil
Your safety said....

"He didn't hurt us," Wilson said. "He made a couple of good runs, but, hell, everybody we play makes a couple of good plays. He didn't do anything spectacular. All he did was throw the ball and let the receivers run under it. He's just a regular old quarterback, man, with some speed. So, he didn't do anything spectacular to me."

So you got beat by a regular old quarterback. That makes him look worse.You have to be an Ivy League Graduate, I do not understand what you just said, please translate

TemeculaMike
10-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Your safety said....

So you got beat by a regular old quarterback. That makes him look worse.

OR ... we got beat by the 12th man. Home field advantage was huge in this game. The Chargers went into the last 6 minutes of the game with zero time outs due to the fact our QB burned them all up because he could not communicate with his players. Good job

beerman
10-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Chargers beat themselves. Period. Vick can run, but so can a rabbit

HeadTrip
10-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Most overrated QB ever. Big ben has MUCH better numbers than vick lol. Enjoy your slightly above average player.

TrumpetDude
10-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Victoria will be the way of the Randall Cunninghams.....has beens ....AIDS will eventually get Vicky....

kingporterblood
10-19-2004, 04:15 PM
I`m glad you feel that way, but he didn`t do anything spectacular against us, he did what he had to do and any athlete can respect that but you need to wipe the sweat off your faces and be happy with that lucky win

guimcharger
10-23-2004, 09:35 PM
When Vick gets older he is really going to suck because he won't be able to run.

BoltinNC
10-23-2004, 09:50 PM
career stats thru 2004 and i dont wanna hear anything about (well Vicks been hurt<sob&gti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
Vick 28 games started
4306 yds( thru the air)
LT 48 games started
4564 yds (running)

i didnt include Vicks rushing stats so therefor i didnt include LTs reception ydg)

HeadTrip
10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by: BoltinNC
career stats thru 2004 and i dont wanna hear anything about (well Vicks been hurt<sob>
Vick 28 games started
4306 yds( thru the air)
LT 48 games started
4564 yds (running)

i didnt include Vicks rushing stats so therefor i didnt include LTs reception ydg)

I know I would be embarresed if a RB had more yardage rushing than my QB did passing.

BoltinNC
10-23-2004, 10:34 PM
but for icing LT has 1581 receptions making the total of 6145 yds from scrimmage...i sincerely doubt Vick has come close to those numbers

HeadTrip
10-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by: BoltinNC
but for icing LT has 1581 receptions making the total of 6145 yds from scrimmage...i sincerely doubt Vick has come close to those numbers

Cant remember the exact numbers, but LT has more TDs by about 10 as well.

spysnipedis
10-24-2004, 12:46 AM
someone stunk up the QB ratings, and it wasn't Brees. *cough*Vick*cough* excuse me, i'm sick of last week. THE GAME IS ALMOST HERE. Please don't talk about what happened last week. Your team should be worried about KC.

spysnipedis
10-24-2004, 12:47 AM
and i think Flutie is way better than Vick, on ground and threw the air(big time).

WVBOLTFAN
10-24-2004, 09:44 AM
This isn't really smack talk, but a sincere thank you. With the Chargers coming into the dome a week after a loss, all the NFL was a buzz with talks of THE TRADE. Vick was taking a beating in the press. Going in to the fourth quarter, we looked like a beaten team. But Vick found his spark. He grew tired of trying to become the next Joe Montana or Brett Farve. He remembered he was "Mike Vick" the most electrifying player in the NFL. He rembered that he was a play maker not a sit in the pocket and hope something happened qb. He remembered when he took a poor over all team to an unprecedented win in Green Bay. He became our Vick.

He carried us to a win, not on his legs but with his arm. (Though those legs helped a great deal.) And Falcons fans went home and smiled knowing our Mike Vick was back.We gave that game away!! The Falcon are way overrated IMO and it's only a matter of time before Vick goes down with an injury,doesn't he always get hurt?Has he ever played a full season yet?NO! Enjoy it while you can because it won't last!

guimcharger
10-24-2004, 06:07 PM
That game was given away.

Chargers
10-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Hmm...it's nice to see Michael Vick return to old form today.

WVBOLTFAN
10-25-2004, 05:41 PM
7 completions the entire game! Now that's the sign of a great QB,right? Gimme a break!

JDaySoCal
10-25-2004, 05:47 PM
How many times do we have to say overrated before it sinks in?

snatchy025
10-25-2004, 05:52 PM
I can tell you this right now....if the refs hadn't made that bunk call on Brees for moving his head from side to side, then I am almost 100% positive there would have been a completely different outcome to that game. One stupid call can change the momentum in a game...especially when they're about to get a first down to finish what they started...which was complete domination! Vick isn't anything....for once, the Chargers made a good decision with nabbing Brees and LT instead of vick.