PDA

View Full Version : Newest Power Poll

Droughnsistheman
10-19-2004, 05:55 PM
just wondering what ya'll thought of the new power poll on sportsline.com. Please give unbiased opinions on which teams should be ranked higher or lower.

SDRaiderH8er
10-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by: Droughnsistheman
just wondering what ya'll thought of the new power poll on sportsline.com. Please give unbiased opinions on which teams should be ranked higher or lower.
And who cares
why dont you guys go back to your own site, and pat your backs and tell each other how good you guys are over there.

Droughnsistheman
10-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er

And who cares
why dont you guys go back to your own site, and pat your backs and tell each other how good you guys are over there.

I'm over here to talk football. I love football in general, not just Bronco football. This was no attempt to pat myself on the back or anything. I figured I would talk with some people that don't hold my same point of view about the most wonderful sport in the world.

Droughnsistheman
10-19-2004, 06:08 PM
doh* Forgot the link. http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

Droughnsistheman
10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
honestly, I think the Jets and Packers are rated too high. Granted, Jets haven't lost yet, but they played horribly against San Fransico. Packers and Titans are only that high because of their past. if they were Cincy and played the way they've been playing, they'd be in the low twenties.

EMCFitch
10-19-2004, 06:32 PM

And who cares

I'm over here to talk football. I love football in general, not just Bronco football. This was no attempt to pat myself on the back or anything. I figured I would talk with some people that don't hold my same point of view about the most wonderful sport in the world.

Ignore these dolts, they just hate seeing the Broncos rated so high week after week.

SDRaiderH8er
10-19-2004, 07:13 PM
I see you continue to have those conversations with yourself, how do we pizz you off so that you start a fight with yourself

mgpretzel
10-19-2004, 07:23 PM

I understand the Loving football but you are in the smack talk area that is why we thought you wanted to start somthing.

SDRaiderH8er
10-19-2004, 07:29 PM

And who cares

I'm over here to talk football. I love football in general, not just Bronco football. This was no attempt to pat myself on the back or anything. I figured I would talk with some people that don't hold my same point of view about the most wonderful sport in the world.Then you can thank your other "Buddies", we get bombarded with trolls, and they come in here blasting us, we just fire back in here, there are other fan Forums, and if you want, to talk football with other fans, from other Clubs let me know.

Droughnsistheman
10-19-2004, 07:44 PM
I see you continue to have those conversations with yourself, how do we pizz you off so that you start a fight with yourself

I just thought I'd get the thread started. If your goal is to pizz me off, you might find you'll have a hard time doing it.

Droughnsistheman
10-19-2004, 07:45 PM

And who cares

I'm over here to talk football. I love football in general, not just Bronco football. This was no attempt to pat myself on the back or anything. I figured I would talk with some people that don't hold my same point of view about the most wonderful sport in the world.Then you can thank your other "Buddies", we get bombarded with trolls, and they come in here blasting us, we just fire back in here, there are other fan Forums, and if you want, to talk football with other fans, from other Clubs let me know.

the way you worded that was a little strange. Are you saying I should go to other clubs' forums or another forum on this site?

spysnipedis
10-19-2004, 09:20 PM
those power ranking are nothing. just idiots ranking teams. stats are nothing.

geekster
10-19-2004, 10:21 PM

I just thought I'd get the thread started. If your goal is to pizz me off, you might find you'll have a hard time doing it.

If you go back and look at it - you aren't the only one in this thread... SDRaiderh8er's response was in response to User EMCFitch - who has been playing "Troll/Spammer" for a spell here and doesn't seem to take "gentle reminders" via PM seriously at all...

OBTW - good choice of user names - that Big RB sure looked good pouring through what the Raiduhs refer to as "advanced technique arm tackles"... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kingporterblood
10-19-2004, 11:35 PM
The only rankings that count is who wins the Superbowl, anything less is unworthy of an ranking, just ego boosters

Droughnsistheman
10-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by: kingporterblood
The only rankings that count is who wins the Superbowl, anything less is unworthy of an ranking, just ego boosters

True, but this is trying to predict who has the best chance of winning the super bowl. Granted, they're rarely right, but it's still fun to talk about.

SDRaiderH8er
10-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by: geekster

If you go back and look at it - you aren't the only one in this thread... SDRaiderh8er's response was in response to User EMCFitch - who has been playing "Troll/Spammer" for a spell here and doesn't seem to take "gentle reminders" via PM seriously at all...

OBTW - good choice of user names - that Big RB sure looked good pouring through what the Raiduhs refer to as "advanced technique arm tackles"... These run on Quotes can be a bit confusing, cant they

TemeculaMike
10-20-2004, 11:28 AM
I personally prefer the unbiased statistical computer rankings of Jeff Sagarin due to the fact his rankings take into account strength of schedule, home team advantage, etc.

USA Today / Sagarin NFL (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl04.htm)

In his rankings the Broncos are 6th and the Chargers are 9th. I like that.

geekster
10-20-2004, 01:11 PM

Personally - I have found the Troy Aikman Efficiency Ratings to be the best measure of performance available this year. Have a look at his take on Week 6 (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7812004).... Looks about right to me..

Droughnsistheman
10-20-2004, 04:58 PM

Personally - I have found the Troy Aikman Efficiency Ratings to be the best measure of performance available this year. Have a look at his take on Week 6 (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7812004).... Looks about right to me..

I'm just a little confused how the chargers can be 28th in yardage, but 4th in his system. I haven't seen a ton of their games though, have they just been stopping the other team in the red zone?

spysnipedis
10-20-2004, 05:02 PM
chargers offense is very good, if you didnt notice thats why they are in 4th

Rip
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
I think its stupid that the broncos and falcons BARELY beat us at their home stadiums and yet they are ranked 6th and 9th and we are all the way down at 19

I dont understand how houston is higher then us(15) when we beat them in their own stadium, or how about the titans who we murdered are at 17. Or how about when we beat the living cr@p out of the Jags, but hey they are still better and we jsut got lucky because they are #12

GB ahead of us? They are pathetic!
Same with the cowboys!

This is the stupidest list i have seen yet!

spysnipedis
10-20-2004, 05:21 PM
RIP i will agree with you, again. i posted how idiots make this ranking. I wouldn't be surprised if San fransico was ranked higher than Chargers.

Droughnsistheman
10-20-2004, 06:17 PM

I'm just a little confused how the chargers can be 28th in yardage, but 4th in his system. I haven't seen a ton of their games though, have they just been stopping the other team in the red zone?

I'm such a freakin' retard. I was talking about the Cardinals defense. Sorry, hope I didn't accidentally p!ss anyone off.

Droughnsistheman
10-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by: Rip
I think its stupid that the broncos and falcons BARELY beat us at their home stadiums and yet they are ranked 6th and 9th and we are all the way down at 19

I dont understand how houston is higher then us(15) when we beat them in their own stadium, or how about the titans who we murdered are at 17. Or how about when we beat the living cr@p out of the Jags, but hey they are still better and we jsut got lucky because they are #12

GB ahead of us? They are pathetic!
Same with the cowboys!

This is the stupidest list i have seen yet!

Pre-season hype is one of the main things wrong with these systems. Teams that were supposed to do well are often put ahead of teams that weren't, no matter what happens on the field. Also, great offenses seem to always be put ahead of great defenses because they have more glory.

Rip
10-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Also, great offenses seem to always be put ahead of great defenses because they have more glory.

We are the highest scoring team in football, and beat the cr@p out of the Jags, and yet they are 7 spots above us, Who ever made that list is a complete moron!

SDRaiderH8er
10-21-2004, 01:31 PM
RIP.............

These are the same Guys that had the Raiders winning the Super Bowl...............

The only thing these things are good for is...........

To provide us with something to talk about during the Week!!!!!!!!