PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Morrison

wikimama
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Kirk Morrison is the best all around Senior linebacker in the country. If he is left when the Chargers pick they should get him. I know LB isn't the biggest need but he will sell tickets and will contribute right away.

Go Bolts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gifi/expressions/SDG_Dan_Fouts.gifi/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gif

Chargers
10-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Kirk Morrison is the freaking bomb! I hear he may slip in the draft because he doesn't have super great speed and stuff...but screw that! Let's pick him up if we can!

lepersquall
10-22-2004, 11:30 AM
he isnt the fastest, but he has the get tot he ball speed that you need, he is great, and if we were to get him, it would be the next best thing to putting on the powder blues permanantly.

guimcharger
10-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I think we are pretty set on LBs.

HellsBells
10-23-2004, 04:25 PM
What round do you think he would go in?

JobChurch
10-23-2004, 05:21 PM
we have LB depth. we need to build along both lines and add a tall WR (Chris Henry??). also, if Sammy doesn't pick it up we might need to seriously consider a top CB

guimcharger
10-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by: JobChurch
we have LB depth. we need to build along both lines and add a tall WR (Chris Henry??). also, if Sammy doesn't pick it up we might need to seriously consider a top CB

I agree with you. Hopefully Davis will pick it up and we can go after another saftey.

lepersquall
10-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Keil looks to be really steping up his game, and sammy didnt do too bad against the panthers, i was listening to it on the radio, and i choked when i heard he had broken up a slant route.

Psquared
10-26-2004, 12:52 AM
If Sammy can't pick it up why not look at Florence as the starter or even Fletcher. I think the team is set at CB even if Sammy doesn't develop into a solid starter.

mazrimtaim
10-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Morrison is overrated anyway. I dont think he is better than a third rounder at this time.

wikimama
11-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Morrison is awesome! He has NFL star wrighten all over him. He is just on a bad team, his situation is alot like Brian Urlacher's in New Mexico.

Go Bolts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gifi/expressions/SDG_Dan_Fouts.gifi/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gif

Gadzooks
11-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Why does everyone say they want Morrison but no one wants McCoy?

Sdboltz619
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by: guimcharger

i would rather have kirk morrison than zeke moreno

Gadzooks
11-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by: Sdboltz619

Originally posted by: guimcharger

i would rather have kirk morrison than zeke moreno

If we get Morrison it will more then likely have to be with our late first because he isn't expected to last past the early second. Thus, we would be paying him quite a bit to be a backup ala Zeke.

Triknique
11-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Can we still draft him?

From PFW.....Interview w/ Morrison (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/College+Football/College+Football+Extras/2004/neubauer111804.htm)

PFW: Which is your favorite NFL team?
Morrison: Iíve always been a Raiders fan growing up in Oakland. I bleed silver and black. But now with the draft coming up, there are no more favorite teams, except for the one Iíll hopefully be playing for.

MoveitMister
11-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by: Triknique
Can we still draft him?

From PFW.....Interview w/ Morrison (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/College+Football/College+Football+Extras/2004/neubauer111804.htm)

PFW: Which is your favorite NFL team?
Morrison: Iíve always been a Raiders fan growing up in Oakland. I bleed silver and black. But now with the draft coming up, there are no more favorite teams, except for the one Iíll hopefully be playing for.

Well, if he's a raiders fan we'd have to reprogram him!

StaggeringSwede
12-03-2004, 10:13 AM
I don't know much about Morrison other than he is generally rated as one of, if not the top ILB. I like the SD connection, but that Oakland reference nixes the idea for me. Also, pure MLB isn't a high priority position anymore. They are usually afterthought selections. Vilma and Williams (from last year's draft) could play either in or out and both have very good LB speed. For Morrison to make the 1st round he would need to run in the 4'6s and be a real animal. He might be for all I know.

If we were to go LB in the 1st, my pick now would be Abduhl Hodge from Iowa. A bit on the lighter side at 235, but supposedly he's the man moving way up, if he comes out.

I also like Louisville's 6'1"/245 Robert McCune for the 2nd or 3rd. He allegedly runs a 4.5 (so I'll give him a legit 4.65) and is great at dropping back in coverage. And I've seen the pop he can deliver. He's 25 years old because he served a couple years (in the service, not a jail term). That only tells me he should be stand up and disciplined.

Before last weeks game I wanted USCs Lofa Tatupu. I just didn't see what I wanted to see from him. Maybe next year.

StaggeringSwede
12-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Goodness!...Did anyone see the game last night? Michael Boley was a house afire. I know it was just 2nd rate North Texas, but he's been doing it all year. I can't understand why he's rated as a 2nd rounder by most of the 'experts'. He's on my wishlist, along with a half dozen other guys I can't have.