PDA

View Full Version : Charger fan from Des Moines, IA

drogers0133
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
San Diego is my second home. First NFL game was a Bolts game at the Murph. Its tough being a Charger fan in the midwest

RAYRAY37
10-21-2004, 10:35 AM
welcome aboard, and wear your chargers gear with pride. don't forget goff, dwight, and kaeding are from iowa.

girschmp
10-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I think I'm the only Charger fan in Cedar Falls Iowa. I watch the bolts every Sunday.

iowachargers
12-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey fellow Iowans, i live in Carroll, Iowa. Been a Charger fan since the late 70's, that's only because dad and brothers were Dolphin fans and they brainwashed me when i was young. Broke away from their mind meld and have hated the Dolphins ever since. The place i work at has about 3 other Charger fans, see them wearing the gear. So we are all around.

efunk55
12-20-2004, 02:36 PM
it must have been sweet when Chargers beat Dolphins 41-38 in that epic game in Miami

guimcharger
12-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Nope I am from here in San Diego.

iowachargers
12-25-2004, 08:33 AM
I remember that game vividly efunk. Probably still one of the greatest football games i've ever seen, and i'm not just saying that because San Diego won. Can remember sitting there with my parents and two of my brothers watching it, and my mom was kind of on my side because i was the only one in the room for the Chargers. San Diego should have never let it get that close, but that just shows how bad their defense was in those years, which probably prevented San Diego from going to the Super Bowl many times in the early to mid 80's. Too bad they had to go up to bone chilling cold Cincinnati the next week. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

boltsrulebaby
05-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I am from Waterloo! Your right it is tough being a fan from the midwest, especially Iowa it seems.There are alot more fader or chefs or ponie fans here.I guess because they have had more winning seasons then the bolts lately. Don't worry the bandwagon will continue to grow as long as the chargers continue to win and remain a constant playoff team. :Bolt:

boltsrulebaby
05-02-2005, 11:54 AM
You are not alone, I live really close by in Waterloo.Where do you watch the games? On Sunday ticket or do you go some where? :Beer:

Charger 69
05-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Hey, Newton, Iowa here. I thought I was one of 2 fans in the state. My brother in law is also a SD fan. There seems to be an Iowa connection with SD. There always seems to be an ex hawkeye on the team going back as far as Ronnie Harmon that I can remember. Too bad about losing Tim D.
Anyway, I have been a fan since the late seventies and have stuck with the Chargers through the years.

SinnBadd
05-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Chargers fan from Richland, Iowa

bigboltsfan
08-24-2005, 06:58 PM
im a charger fan in indianola, 10 or 15 min south of des moines. a lot of the people around here r chefs fans and it was great coming home last year from arrowhead. anyone planning on going to any of the bolts games around iowa, ie, k.c., minn "pre-season" indy etc?

nicky8219
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know where can i catch the Charger game in Des Moines?

chrgergirl
10-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey DRogers....Not sure if you remember me from awhile back.....We talked a few years ago. Think maybe you were at Daytona's when i got kicked out for showing my Chargers tattoo? Anyway....just wondering if you were going to MNF in Kansas City this monday. Give me a holler if you are and wanna meet up.....Talk to ya later!!!!