PDA

View Full Version : ESPNews just now..... 10/31

REDZONEFOOTBALL
10-31-2004, 09:11 PM
They said that Marty planned on taking out Brees for the last few minutes to put in Rivers (thats what the radio was saying during the game too), but Rivers told Marty that, "With the way Drew is playing right now, why t ake him out??"

and did anyone see Sapp and Norv Turner going at it on the sideline??

And they also put Drew Brees as "sundays Top Performers" (for QB)

spysnipedis
10-31-2004, 09:13 PM
no, acutally the only raiders i saw was the ones leaving the game at the 3rd quarter!

Brees just owned and Rivers maybe should have gotten in and tried a snap or two,

Groundweasle
10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
well maybe river should have gone in but brees was in the zone why not let brees get up some stats

cabodog
10-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by: spysnipedis
no, acutally the only raiders i saw was the ones leaving the game at the 3rd quarter!

Brees just owned and Rivers maybe should have gotten in and tried a snap or two,

This was a really important game for Drew...I say let him go start to finish on this one. When he does the same thing next week, let Rivers get a few snaps in.

Thunderstruck
10-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Drew was very close to a 300-yard game, which would have been icing on the cake. I think the Bolts were kinda torn between wanting to take time off the clock, wanting to get Rivers some reps, and wanting to get Brees his signature game. To me, putting Rivers in in that situation isn't particularly instructive. You'd be asking him to prove he can hand the ball off at the NFL level.

REDZONEFOOTBALL
10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
Drew was very close to a 300-yard game, which would have been icing on the cake. I think the Bolts were kinda torn between wanting to take time off the clock, wanting to get Rivers some reps, and wanting to get Brees his signature game. To me, putting Rivers in in that situation isn't particularly instructive. You'd be asking him to prove he can hand the ball off at the NFL level.

:-) If you count his rushing yards he eclipsed 300 :-)

cabodog
10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck

Agree with you completely. This was Drew's "signature" game. I know it will be one I will remember for a long long time....and one the convicts wont forget either!

Boltdiehard
10-31-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: REDZONEFOOTBALL

Raiders players have been yelling at their coaches for a couple of years now. I can't wait to see the local (I live in the Bay Area) headlines tomorrow.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Rip
10-31-2004, 10:27 PM
God for rivers, its nice to see that he respects what drew is doing right now. He knows that his time will come and so he doesnt have to rush in there unless something very unfortuante happens, too bad i cant say the same for most his fans!

kingporterblood
11-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by: REDZONEFOOTBALL
They said that Marty planned on taking out Brees for the last few minutes to put in Rivers (thats what the radio was saying during the game too), but Rivers told Marty that, "With the way Drew is playing right now, why t ake him out??"

And they also put Drew Brees as "sundays Top Performers" (for QB)

It`s all good for Rivers unselfishness but I do want to see him under center soon just for the exposure just in case we need him in emergency, oh yeh on Sapp I also seen him kissing N. Turners` backside in 4th QTR.

michael
11-02-2004, 06:55 AM
is PR nuts?! who in their freakin right mind tells a coach he DOESNT want to go in? im hoping that report is untrue.........so what happens if drew got injured in the last couple unneeded series?

PR just lost a few points with me....you dont tell the coach youre not goin in...not when your sorry self hasnt ever taken a snap in a real game and youre paid the way you are...

i mean...we WANTED to see PR under center for a bit...if for nothing else so we know hes ACTUALLY played in a game...that FIRST snap is off his back....i truly cant believe thats what he told marty.....if i was marty i would tell him to shut his mouth and do what hes told and remind him who the coach is.......

who is he to decide that drew deserves to finish out the game? thats not his rookie call! thats marty and cam!!

riverhead
11-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: Rip
God for rivers, its nice to see that he respects what drew is doing right now. He knows that his time will come and so he doesnt have to rush in there unless something very unfortuante happens, too bad i cant say the same for most his fans!

Yep Rip. Philip is a genuine guy. Right out of Mayberry. Drew's turnaround (actually the Team's turnaround.. much better O line this year) is a great story for Chargers, for Drew and for the NFL.

spysnipedis
11-02-2004, 06:48 PM
you mean Brees turnaround too.

riverhead
11-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: spysnipedis
you mean Brees turnaround too.

Come again Spysnipedis. Not sure what you mean.

Yep Rip. Philip is a genuine guy. Right out of Mayberry. Drew's turnaround (actually the Team's turnaround.. much better O line this year) is a great story for Chargers, for Drew and for the NFL.