PDA

View Full Version : Srub Time ,Marty won't let off the gas

RMANCIL
10-31-2004, 09:27 PM
The game was well in hand yet we kept most of the starters behind the plow and even went for the T.D. on fourth down. Neal gets hurt I hope it isn't to serious and Brees just escaped getting his leg injuried whats up with that?

Rivers tells Marty he doen't want to go in let Brees finish whats up with that? Foolish in my opinion, shocked Marty didn't onside kick in the fourth QT. I do get the feeling that Marty does not like the Raiders.

mgpretzel
10-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Gates had to play cause Krause was inactive so it was only him and Pealle. I think he should have put in Rivers. and yes Marty hates the raiders

yodafro
10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Rivers reportedly told Brees to keep playing. Since Brees was playing the best game of his career why not. I think everyone is starting to find out that we already have the QB we all were looking for with Rivers. Only he's been here all along. AJ owes Brees a contract extension but it probably won't ever happen.

drangus
10-31-2004, 09:42 PM
drew seems to be a very durable qb, i don't think the guy has ever missed a game due to injury yet. the guy is in tremendous physical condition. so it doesn't look like rivers will play this year, but who cares as long as they keep winning.

GdoubleE
10-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah Marty should have pulled Brees aside and told him thanks for winning the game and playing the best game at QB this franchise has seen for looooong time but we need to get your replacement some game time, I know you'll understand.

Go Bolts!!!

yodafro
10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
er, not the replacement. Yet

Nothing is for sure in the NFL

GdoubleE
10-31-2004, 09:55 PM
My previous post was meant in sarcasm as in it would be a slap in the face of Brees to take him out. We all know Brees has played in some terrible games he should get to play in the great ones all the way to the end. Sorry for any confusion.

Go Bolts!!!

Thunderstruck
10-31-2004, 10:00 PM
This was a statement game. Statements made:

1. Chargers are for real.
2. Qualcomm is the Chargers stadium.
3. This is Drew Brees' team.

yodafro
10-31-2004, 10:06 PM
I figured that's what you meant. I think AJ's going to have his toughest task yet at seasons end. To sign Brees or to not sign Brees. Will the Chargers suffer the consequences?
Cincinnatti has had a hard time since handing it over to Palmer. The recievers have to adjust and the new QB always has growing pains. Usually 3yrs. Brees is in his 3rd Year. Right?
There were allot of reasons Brees had so many interceptions last season. He was guilty of trying to make something happen when there was nothing that could be made. Brees has earned himself the starting spot on this team and if he leads this team into the playoffs why not reward him with a contract.

Johndbr
10-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Yo folks, take a step back and think about this a sec. Do you really want to take Brees out and put in Rivers, reminding him he is one injury away from losing his job? Brees is in a zone, it does not matter why, he is in it and we need to do everything possible to keep him there and pulling him in the last quarter will not cut that. Personally I think it would have been the wise move with the possible injury concern, but when you take in to a count the psychology of the situation, it was best to leave him in.

I do think some of the other starter should have been pulled, though.

John B.

yodafro
10-31-2004, 10:21 PM
As impressive as it all was, Brees still had to field questions about his future in San Diego. Rivers' contract almost forces the Chargers to play him next season. Is there any scenario under which Brees could see himself returning?

"Win the Super Bowl," Brees said, and no one found his answer inconceivable.

BY MICHAEL LEV
The Orange County Register

Johndbr
10-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Love your icon Yoda.

I do not think it will take a Super Bowl for Brees to be held over, but we will have to make it to the play offs that is for sure.

John B.

yodafro
10-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks JB, it's all about the lightning bolt.

I hope Brees keeps AJ second guessing. Brees is one of the biggest reasons the Chargers are winning right now. He deserves the credit because he's the one who got most of the blame last season. It goes both ways. If you can lose your job in a season you should be able to win it back in one. Why commit to the unknown when we know how good Brees really is. Just keep surrounding Brees with talent and he'll keep delivering.

geekster
10-31-2004, 10:44 PM
I really like it too yodafro - and at 24k you did a nice job of optimising it! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

In a few minutes I'll move this thread over to the "Quarterback Talk" category - don't want anybody to think it got deleted or "disappeared". i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

yodafro
10-31-2004, 10:45 PM
That's the trick

JoeMcRugby
10-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Let's enjoy 2004 and worry about 2005 after the ride has ended.

BTW Today's win gives Marty a 22-7 record against the Faiders.

yodafro
10-31-2004, 10:46 PM
"You're only as good as your next game"

- Marty Shottenheimer

spysnipedis
10-31-2004, 10:47 PM
just get brees his contract

kingporterblood
11-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: RMANCIL
The game was well in hand yet we kept most of the starters behind the plow and even went for the T.D. on fourth down. Neal gets hurt I hope it isn't to serious and Brees just escaped getting his leg injuried whats up with that?

Rivers tells Marty he doen't want to go in let Brees finish whats up with that? Foolish in my opinion, shocked Marty didn't onside kick in the fourth QT. I do get the feeling that Marty does not like the Raiders.

Well thats why we are fans and he is the coach, we don`t know everything that is going on, but believe me I wanted to see Rivers too, and I don`t care if they would have won 100-0 over those faiders and anyways pts count during tie breakers at the end of season, so run it up Bolts.

Rip
11-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
This was a statement game. Statements made:

1. Chargers are for real.

2. Qualcomm is the Chargers stadium.

3. This is Drew Brees' team.

Exactly!!

Plus, Brees earned the right to finish this game. He played one of the best games a Chargers QB have EVER played and deserved to be in it til the end

cabodog
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
I agree.....someone likened it to pulling someone during a no hitter.......He deserved to stay in......next time will put in some guys when we are up by 28.........i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

OverVolt
11-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Remember, Marty was playing the game when the Traiders were the dirtest team in football, he will never get that out of his mind, nor will any of us who've watched that long.
Many of us "oldtimers" hate the Traiders because of what they were about 25 to 35 years ago.
I think that's the team Marty will always pound on.