kingporterblood
11-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: terrychargers
Drew Brees is coming into his own

Very accurate !

Now we have a competive team - good receivers

LT

defense a tad weak

Rivers our future star QB, he is just a rookie remember and also as much as I love Brees`s success, free agency might sway him away from the bolts I hope not but the business part of the game takes away from the loyalty of the players these days, stay confindent in our rookie, he will be great just like how Brees developed, our `D` needs a star safety or cover DB and we will be alright!

overcast
11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
"loyality of the players these days" where was the Chargers loyalty when they drafted River in the first place. The team gave up on him earily as we see and now you want to talk about loyality.

riverhead
11-01-2004, 03:45 PM
KingerPorterBlood. Agreement is in order. Cheer on Drew and hope that perhaps the Bolts can find a way to keep him. If not, your are absolutely correct in Rivers being a QB of the future.

Of course, I think they both are QBs of the future. I don't think though (looking back) that we should be all that critical of the FO as I have seen in other posts. Afterall, Drew wasn't exactly the poster child on a Wheaties box in the previous years.

The great story is how Drew has turned it around. Of course I think we also need to comend the the "D" and the great job they have done. If I wanted to hide out so that the CIA or FBI could not find me, I would become an Offensive Lineman, the heart of any team is there. They really do not get all the credit they deserve. Anyway the team chemistry to include all the QBs, players, coaches and fans looks much improved.

Still too early to tell. We're midway through the season, so let's keep our fingers crossed. I'd like to get airline tickets to a playoff or maybe...... "The Super".

OverVolt
11-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Agreed, don't start pinging on Rivers, no matter what happens, Brees stays or goes, Rivers stays or goes, Rivers has done nothing to have people start tearing him down...Drew took way to much blame for last year, and some of us got sick of reading all the crap...don't put the screws to Rivers, he's a Bolt and should be shown a certain amount of respect.

Rivers? who?...our possible starter next year, that's who.

kingporterblood
11-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: overcast
"loyality of the players these days" where was the Chargers loyalty when they drafted River in the first place. The team gave up on him earily as we see and now you want to talk about loyality.

I`m going to reach back and smack you with reality, the ? is Rivers who and if you did not know he is our future QB, our present QB will have a choice to stay or leave depending on business conditions, and we all know the dollar sign blinds most athletes of loyalty, so there I talked about loyalty again this time to you- overcast

BreesLightning
11-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Whats with all the BS about Rivers being the future "great QB" of the chargers? Rivers is UNPRROVEN and if Drew keeps playing like he is, There is NO WAY any Charger fan can accept Drew being lost to free agency. I have nothing againts Rivers. In this league good QBs dont come around that often, We havent had one in a decade.

We all thought Leaf was going to be the Future and he turned into a bust. No matter how high everyone is on Rivers, you cant let a top QB leave based on what Rivers "might" be.

OverVolt
11-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by: BreesLightning
Whats with all the BS about Rivers being the future "great QB" of the chargers? Rivers is UNPRROVEN and if Drew keeps playing like he is, There is NO WAY any Charger fan can accept Drew being lost to free agency. I have nothing againts Rivers. In this league good QBs dont come around that often, We havent had one in a decade.

We all thought Leaf was going to be the Future and he turned into a bust. No matter how high everyone is on Rivers, you cant let a top QB leave based on what Rivers "might" be.

I sure hope you are right!