PDA

View Full Version : If true Brees is History

BreesLightning
11-04-2004, 12:42 AM
A story on nfl.com ......

".... We know that Chargers quarterback Drew Brees is successfully telling everybody where to stick it. That's been pretty cool, and definitely fun to watch. (But then we hear that somebody in the organization said -- off the record, of course -- that the Chargers would be just as good this season with rookie Philip Rivers at quarterback. That's nice. Your quarterback is having one of the best seasons in the league -- nothing like giving him an anonymous slap in the face. A little behind-the-scenes shenanigans -- for lack of a better word.) ...."

Its preety sad if the organization is thinking in these terms. Its hard to be a fan of this organization.

jsdfan
11-04-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by: BreesLightning

".... We know that Chargers quarterback Drew Brees is successfully telling everybody where to stick it. That's been pretty cool, and definitely fun to watch. (But then we hear that somebody in the organization said -- off the record, of course -- that the Chargers would be just as good this season with rookie Philip Rivers at quarterback. That's nice. Your quarterback is having one of the best seasons in the league -- nothing like giving him an anonymous slap in the face. A little behind-the-scenes shenanigans -- for lack of a better word.) ...."

Its preety sad if the organization is thinking in these terms. Its hard to be a fan of this organization.

Dude....can't you see what is happening?!? Brees never told anybody to stick it. They are making up crap because they can't stand to see the Chargers be successful.

Don't buckle man....

GO BOLTS!i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

BreesLightning
11-04-2004, 09:57 AM
I wasnt talking about the "stick it " line, i was talking about someone in the org thinking that River would have done as good as Drew is doing.

After the Leaf thing i cant beleive someone who knows football would think that a rookie would accomplish a 106 rating, 15td and only 3 ints.

Gillis
11-04-2004, 06:55 PM
**cough** Roethisberger **cough**

LIGHTNINGBOLTinc
11-04-2004, 10:27 PM
When someone in the organization speaks out like this they are basically looking for acceptance from someone out there in the media that the Rivers pick was a good one, Basically they never thought Brees had this in him and know they are in trouble next year if Rivers doesnt do as good. So now they "have" to say Rivers would do as good to "justify" letting Brees go at the end of this season. Someone in the organization is preparing the media for letting Brees go and starting Rivers next year. All I can say to this person is you lost faith in your young QB Brees in just three years and look at him now, how long will you give Rivers to be successfull ? We cant be a minor league team grooming QB's just to play out their best years somewhere else ! If the Chargers go to the playoffs with Brees making big plays, next year the Chargers may have a huge PR nightmare similar to the Seau, Harrison release if they cant re-sign Brees.

roclwyr
11-05-2004, 01:44 PM
I agree, it is very tough to be a fan of this organization. It has been that way ever since Spanos purchased the team. One big mistake after another. The Chargers would not be as good with Rivers at QB. He has only played two preseason games! The Pittsburgh rookie QB aside, no rookie QB comes in and dominates games like Brees has been doing. The Chargers have finally developed a QB and RB at the same time, The games are suddenly fun to go to again and what does Spanos want to do, mess with the chemistry by letting go a QB having a great year in order to play an unproven rookie with a big contract. Can you say Ryan Leaf part 2? My family has had season tickets for over 20 years, but to watch Chargers rebuild yet again next year my be too much to watch, even with LT.

IF THE CHARGERS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, THEY HAVE TO KEEP BREES!

boltsin04
11-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm a big Charger fan and just wanted to know if any of you know where I can watch the football game this sunday. I live in San Diego and if I could just afford a ticket i would go but i'm a struggling student and barely have enough money for food sometimes lol. Let me know guys, GO BOLTS!!!

kingporterblood
11-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by: BreesLightning

Well who do consider the organization, sounds like gossip to me if its true or not and maybe they were just giving Rivers a compliment, Brees knows where he stands and nobody can`t take it from him he is doing great, but don`t be like the Enquirer and here something of somebody of some organization and run with it like that and then make a comment about a hard it is for you to be a fan of the San Diego Super Chargers Maaaaan! Cmon Now.