PDA

View Full Version : trade idea

daboltz
11-05-2004, 09:29 AM
OK here is a trade idea that works out well for the Chargers and their QB problem:

Trade:
Phillip Rivers to oakland

get:
Gallery and Raiders 2nd pick

That would keep Drew in SD and give him some protection AND give us a high 2nd round pick to get another solid OL in next years draft

what do you think???

robanalog
11-05-2004, 09:31 AM
No trades within the division... especially with the black hole salad tossers.

daboltz
11-05-2004, 09:32 AM
yeah, but when a team gets desperate..............it's time to deal.

no matter who it is

robanalog
11-05-2004, 09:36 AM
that's what their #1 pick will be for.

daboltz
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by: robanalog

daboltz
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by: daboltz

Originally posted by: robanalog

true

Jammer
11-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Too late we had are chance to take Gallery we took Sheli instead

Gadzooks
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
We dont need Gallery. Were set at the tackle spot for the time being. Oben will probably last another season or two. Hes done a great job and hes been very durable throughout his career.
Also, we still have CVB who now has time to develop into a great LT under Hudson Houcks tutelage.
Why give up a potential star QB for a position were already doing well at? eh?
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

boltzman3
11-05-2004, 10:10 AM
trading rivers is just stupid....just because brees is having the season of his life. doesn't mean we sell the future of the chargers.philips is all that he is said to be.how it works out for us and brees. no one knows.but if we trade rivers.and brees goes down.we're done this season...think fluties gonna take us all the way.think again,cleo lemmon not gonna happen .... bress will deliver the goods. and next year we start the river's era....it's written in stone.brees is gone this off season.with a very big payday.i'll say it now.i wish him and brittany good luck in miami.....

Gadzooks
11-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Oh yeah, I also think its a pretty ghastly idea to trade a QB that is being intensely trained on our offensive system to a division rival. Especially the Raitards!!!

getfresh
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Trading Rivers is nearly impossible and I wish we would stop talking about it. The cap hit is gigantic and trading Rivers would mean we could do NOTHING ELSE this offseason. No signing those key veterans like Goff, Foley, Godfrey. No depth on the defensive line. NOTHING. Let it go.

brees2gates
11-05-2004, 10:21 AM
trading rivers is damn near impossible and most likely will not happen, definitely not in our own division, i think too much focus is being put on this years off season fellas, maybe we should all concentrate and will our chargers on a weekly basis to victory and hwo knows.....dare i say......PLAYOFFS?

daboltz
11-05-2004, 10:37 AM
I meant during the off season
trade deadline is passed anyways

JoeMcRugby
11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
OK here is a trade idea that works out well for the Chargers and their QB problem:

Trade:

get:

That would keep Drew in SD and give him some protection AND give us a high 2nd round pick to get another solid OL in next years draft

what do you think???

Doesn't work. Rivers would count $14 million towards the Chargers 2005 salary cap the instant you trade him. And Gallery would count the same against the Raiders 2005 salary cap. Bad, bad deal for both teams.

Anything involving a trade of Rivers is dealing with an impossible "ain't gonna happen no matter how much you wish" scenario. When you're looking at top 10 picks in the draft, they're untradeable for the first few years of their contract.

BOLTERFAN
11-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Olivea is outplaying Gallery anyway. I think we got the better pick. If everyone knew then what we know now, Olivea would have been selected before Gallery. Shane is a BEAST!

snappysammy
11-05-2004, 12:56 PM

Trade:

get:

what do you think???

snappysammy
11-05-2004, 01:01 PM
First God doesn't hate anyone. But if he did I think the Raiders would be on the list.......................

Second if we got Gallery, why would you want another O-Lineman in next years draft..Our O-Line seems to be a pretty tight group of guys. My guess is Gallery won't fit in with them, but maybe he will.why take another high round pick for O-Line

I think I would get Wade some guys

Boltjolt
11-06-2004, 10:30 PM
I have a question..

Why...do all the NFL experts say Brees is good as gone next year and a lot of people in here think we should trade Rivers? You never hear the experts saying that.

Maybe its because they realise it is a stupid idea.

Maybe its time you guys did too. Rivers was drafted for a reason and the decision wasmade then. Brees isnt coming back and i have to think he wouldnt want to after what went down.

MoveitMister
11-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Why the heck would we want Gallery?

He's an admitted duh fan and was happy he got to go to the team he wanted in the first place.
His 'words' at an after draft interview.
He even wore a duh cap to Iowa's Spring game, just before the draft.

He WAS good for our defense in the amount of penalties they gave up due to his play.

As for trading Rivers, why would we cap strap ourselves when we've to two #1 draft picks to sign next year?

If AJ and the gang could find the same caliber players they did during the 2004 draft, I say just keep building the same way we have this year and dump all the pretense of being an organization that allows itself to be picked apart and disrespected.

Kwakothunder
11-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Trade:

get:

what do you think???
I think I am just enjoying this season more and more. The chargers are winning and there is good comedy in the forums.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/beer.gif

jsdfan
11-07-2004, 02:48 AM

Trade:

get:

what do you think???

Dude...where did you come up with this? i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

I gotta tell you dude, that this idea is pure.............GENIUS!

I mean really! That would absolutely FEED the West Coast Rivalry into a FROTH for years to come! It would be a National NFL Story..."bad boy owner Al Davis and the Raiduhs pick up the 'Phil Rivers textbook case' (explained here http://forums.chargers.com/mes...did=2631&enterthread=y (http://forums.chargers.com/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=2631&enterthread=y) ) that was eventually released by the Chargers.

Just the money that trickles down from that story and juiced-rivalry will pay for any losses incurred from cutting Rivers.

geek
11-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Well, do not be supprised if Drew does leave, that the faiders are one of his first stops. Norv T liked Drew and runs the same offense.

HireBradChildres
11-08-2004, 12:27 AM
I hate to break it to you but there is this thing in the NFL called the salary cap. Having a cap states that Rivers 8 figure signing bonus would be a direct cap hit thus making it impossible. This is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT, Madden 2005.

kingporterblood
11-09-2004, 02:36 AM

Trade:

get:

what do you think???

The only faiker that I would want to see dress in SD would be their Cheerleaders, If Brees wants to stay sincerely and the Chargers who can reconstruct their contracts to fit him just for winning next year too, then we will have Brees,But to trade Rivers is obsurd why would anyone want someone we didn`t even give a chance to anyways, don`t worry have faith in whatever happens next year but this year enjoy Brees`s success, and don`t forget it`s not so easy to change teams and learn a whole new scheme of offense for a young quarterback, and your Idea is the only one close to making any kind of sense!