PDA

View Full Version : Why do they even go there?

kingporterblood
11-08-2004, 09:12 AM
No matter what motivates Kool Breez weather its starting or next years free agency-$`s, who cares they aught to be really watching how he has grown into a very skilled NFL QB. His pocket prescents and his ability to read the defences are incredible, his accuracy is awsome and he keeps all of his receivers happy by spreading the ball nicely, and the cherry on top is how he handles his self of the field and gives everyone on the team the credit for their success (Barry Sanders Like), I pray he stays and retires a Charger, what`sit going to take for these critics to see the lightning Bolts!

brees2gates
11-08-2004, 09:50 AM
i couldnt agree more, everyone wants to give brees a backhanded compliment in the form of "contract year" and "playing for his job" statement, who honestly gives a shyt whats motivated his play??? not charger fans thats for sure we just wanna win. hes been honest and very classy off the field his entire career so why dont we take it from the horses mouth when he says the games slowing down for him. thats all there is to it, he has legitemate weapons and the games slowing down for him like all other great qbs in nfl history

spysnipedis
11-08-2004, 11:48 PM
finish him last game where he played his first game i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

WHITELIGHTNING
11-11-2004, 04:40 PM
9 games in a season where the team is 6-3, does not make a career. Tag him and trade him for a real proven player, not a flash in the pan one year wonder.

OldManCharger
11-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
9 games in a season where the team is 6-3, does not make a career. Tag him and trade him for a real proven player, not a flash in the pan one year wonder.

I am afraid that this might be true....I am very pleased with Bree's play and perhaps he has turned the proverbial corner as a professional....but do we really want to keep a player who really only has 6 great games under his belt and pay him 10 million dollars???? Even if he wins 10 or 11 games is he really a FRANCHISE player...come on....really? I confess I like the guy, but seriously...this is not a personal thing its about the money and finiancial realities of modern football. Forget your alligences they are irrelevant here.

If this was the business world and a guy had lost millions of dollars (similar to losing for a few years in the NFL) would they really give the guy a raise and a promotion because of a good financial quarter....no way they would have fired him long ago....I am happy that Brees is playing well and I am authentically cheering him and the rest of the exceptional Chargers on.....but I am afraid that spending the money we will need to keep him would be a GROSSLY irresponsible thing to do....we are F--Ked we got Rivers....damage done. Rebuild next year, sorry guys thats the reality. White Lightning is right on the money with this one.

Enjoy this gentlemen while it lasts.

OMC

chargertom
11-13-2004, 01:19 PM

'Flash in the pan, one year wonder'???

Three years learning the game, and one season of mastering it is the BEGINNING of a career. Most QB's go 13-15 years in the league. That means that Drew is about a 1/4 of the way through his career. When was the last time a rookie took a team to the Super Bowl? Don't you think these guys have to start somewhere, or should the fact that they did well in college automatically make them a Super Bowl contender, no matter where they are drafted to?

Drew has worked very hard to get to where he is now, and IF we are lucky, maybe he will stay. If not, then some other team is going to get a very well rounded, incredibly talented young quarterback at our expense. Won't it be nice to have to play against Drew, and have him knock us out of the playoffs for the next 10 years? That's great, isn't it?

Rivers is not the answer for this team. He's trade bait at best. Drew can lead this team to the playoffs and to the big show, if given a chance. He's just now proving what he has under the hood, and now we have to think about getting rid of him.

WhiteLightning, all I can say is I wish I lived on your planet. Where you automatically start at the top of the heap, instead of having to work your way there. It must be wonderful there.

toalsonj7
11-13-2004, 01:27 PM

I don't think that I have ever witnessed someone with such blatant dislike for a player as what you have for Drew. I have read so many of your posts, and not a single one has been positive or even fair towards Drew. I haven't posted on this site for quite some time; and I attribute this to talking with people like you, who are absolutely clueless about football, and let their rediculous and unfair personal opinions overshadow common sense. Drew has had less than 40 starts......I think he is a little bit ahead of most quarterbacks, when it comes to professional growth. I would encourage you to open your eyes and be fair with your opinions.

kingporterblood
11-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: chargertom

'Flash in the pan, one year wonder'???

Three years learning the game, and one season of mastering it is the BEGINNING of a career. Most QB's go 13-15 years in the league. That means that Drew is about a 1/4 of the way through his career. When was the last time a rookie took a team to the Super Bowl? Don't you think these guys have to start somewhere, or should the fact that they did well in college automatically make them a Super Bowl contender, no matter where they are drafted to?

Drew has worked very hard to get to where he is now, and IF we are lucky, maybe he will stay. If not, then some other team is going to get a very well rounded, incredibly talented young quarterback at our expense. Won't it be nice to have to play against Drew, and have him knock us out of the playoffs for the next 10 years? That's great, isn't it?

Rivers is not the answer for this team. He's trade bait at best. Drew can lead this team to the playoffs and to the big show, if given a chance. He's just now proving what he has under the hood, and now we have to think about getting rid of him.

WhiteLightning, all I can say is I wish I lived on your planet. Where you automatically start at the top of the heap, instead of having to work your way there. It must be wonderful there.

Seriously now how do you know if Rivers is good or not speaking on what you have witnessed--- stop I`ll answer for you you don`t know because you have not witness anything on him yet just like the rest of us, it`s unfortunate that the timing of Brees`s maturity and raised skill came at the same time we drafted a promising young QB with a ton of potential, what I`m trying to say is don`t frown on a problem every team wish they had, its a good problem kind of taking nothing away from Brees!

BreesLightning
11-15-2004, 12:02 AM

"trade him for a real proven player" ..... So you want to trade him for a proven player and then start a rookie at QB? Or do you want to start Flutie?

My guess is if Drew stays in SD and keeps his starting job you will be here 3 yrs from now saying...."4 yrs doesnt make a career.........."

Jesu666
11-15-2004, 02:59 AM
John Elway, one of the greastest QBs in the history of the NFL didn't win a Superbowl until the very end of his career, when he won two straight. His rookie year, he stunk so bad, he was booed in Denver. I repeat, John Elway was regularly booed in Mile High Stadium.

P.S. A rookie QB has never lead a team to the Superbowl. Not once.

OldManCharger
11-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by: Jesu666
John Elway, one of the greastest QBs in the history of the NFL didn't win a Superbowl until the very end of his career, when he won two straight. His rookie year, he stunk so bad, he was booed in Denver. I repeat, John Elway was regularly booed in Mile High Stadium.

P.S. A rookie QB has never lead a team to the Superbowl. Not once.

Ben Rothesen...whatever in the "Pitts" might change that!

OMC

OverVolt
11-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by: toalsonj7

I don't think that I have ever witnessed someone with such blatant dislike for a player as what you have for Drew. I have read so many of your posts, and not a single one has been positive or even fair towards Drew. I haven't posted on this site for quite some time; and I attribute this to talking with people like you, who are absolutely clueless about football, and let their rediculous and unfair personal opinions overshadow common sense. Drew has had less than 40 starts......I think he is a little bit ahead of most quarterbacks, when it comes to professional growth. I would encourage you to open your eyes and be fair with your opinions.

You nailed this one!
We could have Rothlisburger...but 7 games doesn't make a career, he could be a bum...I think the Steelers should trade him NOW!!!

tourplayer2004
11-15-2004, 01:48 PM

Is it also fair for you to threaten the board with non-participation because someone else does not share YOUR views? This is America JACK! We can have an opinion. They are like a$$holes.......everybody's got one. If you don't like what somebody writes about your favorite player, then step up and defend him or sit back down on the couch. If lightning doesn't like Drew......so be it. Don't read his posts. It's that simple. Just don't tell people how to have an opinion.

Your own words, "...open your eyes and be fair with your opinions."

I'm a Chargers fan and I approved this message.

OldManCharger
11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by: tourplayer2004

Good Point, what makes people think they possess the "only" accurate opinion....if this was some "love-in" and "agreement fest".....boy! would it be boring....bring on the agruements, but do not unfairly slam people because of differing opinions....who knows someone might (and will be eventually) correct......LOL

Lets encourage agruement, but always foster reason and how about throwing in some kindness to your fellow charger fans....this applies to everyone, sometimes its nice to hear people agree with eachother, so showing support would be also a welcome change to.

Keep on arguing, because if we don't then nobody will be right....eventually?!!?!!??....LOL

OMC

Is it also fair for you to threaten the board with non-participation because someone else does not share YOUR views? This is America JACK! We can have an opinion. They are like a$$holes.......everybody's got one. If you don't like what somebody writes about your favorite player, then step up and defend him or sit back down on the couch. If lightning doesn't like Drew......so be it. Don't read his posts. It's that simple. Just don't tell people how to have an opinion.

toalsonj7
11-16-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by: tourplayer2004
[quote]
[i]Originally posted by: toalsonj7[/

Jack Huh? You seem pretty passionate about my response to another poster. I guess that I am coming from a different angle; I don't understand how anyone can nitpick at the job Brees is doing this year. Secondly, I was unaware that it affected you so much when I "threatened the board with non-participation." (The post said, "I haven't posted on this site for quite some time; and I attribute this to talking with people like you, who are absolutely clueless about football, and let their rediculous and unfair personal opinions overshadow common sense".......this in no way is a threat, and I don't appreciate the accusation). I am flattered that my opinions mean so much to you, therefore I will continue to participate in such riveting dialogue.