PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Calling Brees MVP Candidate

Thunderstruck
11-08-2004, 04:01 PM
ESPN Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=/morning/week9)

Jayree427
11-08-2004, 04:16 PM
All we had to do is just be patient with Brees. I knew Brees would be a good quarterback.

Gadzooks
11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: Jayree427
All we had to do is just be patient with Brees. I knew Brees would be a good quarterback.

I knew Tom Brady would replace Drew Bledsoe and win the Super Bowl. I also knew that the 1980 Olympic Hockey team would beat the Russians. I was certain Buster Douglas would beat the heck out of Mike Tyson. But, I had no idea Brees would be a good QB.

yodafro
11-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Drew Brees now has 122.4 passer rating
Sounds like an MVP to me.

snappysammy
Originally posted by: HeadTrip

Originally posted by: spysnipedis

you also have to worry if Big Ben will just start sucking too.

Brees is playing better than big ben is. Ben is playing very well, but not MVP like. He has a great team around him, if thye lost him, Maddox could prolly lead them just as well.

If Drew continues playing at a blistering pace like he has been and the Bolts win the division and get a playoff spot, I think we might actually see Drew as the NFL MVP. After all, He would be the quarterback of the biggest suprise in the league. Lol... i dont know how the Chargers could let an NLF MVP leave as a free agent and replace him with an unproven rook.

The Fix Is In MVP Tiki Barber A nice company man

Thunderstruck
Let's see how it all plays out. For now, Brees is the MVP of the last two weeks. The Bolts need to pick up where they left off after the bye week, and do some serious damage in our four remaining games against divisional rivals. Those four games are going to determine where we land in the playoff hunt.

It would be nice to not only get to the playoffs, but get a playoff home game as well. I would think we'd have to win the division and go at least 11-5 and pull that off. If we slide into the playoffs as a wild card with a 10-6 or 9-7 record, it will be very tough to do damage.

RMANCIL
Brees is playing lights out and would have to be a contender for M.V.P. here is a take from one C.B.S. pencil pusher.

Drew Brees, San Diego: With apologizes to Colts QB Peyton Manning and Eagles WR Terrell Owens, Brees has to be considered a candidate for the league's MVP award. The former Purdue Boilermaker threw for 257 yards with four touchdowns, including three to TE Antonio Gates, and no interceptions in a 43-17 blowout win over the New Orleans Saints. He has now tossed nine touchdown passes in his past two games, and is on pace to compile 3,296 yards and 32 scores with a mere five interceptions over a full 16-game schedule. The effectiveness of RB LaDainian Tomlinson along with the development of Gates and addition of veteran WR Keenan McCardell have turned the Chargers offense into a juggernaut -- and Brees into a valuable No. 1 starter. San Diego has a bye next week, but its contest in Week 11 at Oaklnad bodes well for Brees' chances to continue his current hot streak.

HeadTrip
Dilfer was in no way underrated. He in a decent backup qb, and thats all that he has ever been. Check the numbers, he is not as good as any starting QBs in the league today, except for maybe Josh McCown, and what does that say =P

Sdboltz619
trent dilfer was underated the second half of his career... he waent from being a below average qb to a very decent and capable qb with other teams

HeadTrip
whys that?

mgpretzel
If salisbery said that than it can't be true. The idiot said that the chiefs are good. yea they just got outscored, OUTSCORED by the BUCS

fanfromwayback
Did anyone see the comment by Salisbury on SPORTS CENTER? Not that I'm a fan of his, but after showing the Charger highlights they cut to Salisbury for his comments and he said that Brees is a serious contender for league MVP. It put a smile on my face ! -)

HeadTrip
Trent was never a very good QB... That team certainly didnt win because of him.

mgpretzel
True but brees is good this year so is he gonna suck next year

HeadTrip
Originally posted by: spysnipedis

Brees is playing better than big ben is. Ben is playing very well, but not MVP like. He has a great team around him, if thye lost him, Maddox could prolly lead them just as well.

If Drew continues playing at a blistering pace like he has been and the Bolts win the division and get a playoff spot, I think we might actually see Drew as the NFL MVP. After all, He would be the quarterback of the biggest suprise in the league. Lol... i dont know how the Chargers could let an NLF MVP leave as a free agent and replace him with an unproven rook.

geek
Originally posted by: HeadTrip

i dont know how the Chargers could let an NLF MVP leave as a free agent and replace him with an unproven rook.

hmm.. remember the name Trent Dilfer?

mgpretzel
So are you saying that Brees will suck next year

spysnipedis

Chargers
Just one man's opinion, but if things keep going how they are, he has got to be one of the favorites. By season's end I'm sure we will be able to make a case for LT too, but I don't want to be Captain Obvious.

mgpretzel
If Dante Culpepper cools off like he has been latly and peyton somehow starts to suck. It is in the BAG BABY...

MoveitMister
11-08-2004, 07:31 PM
He's working it, he could well get the title, depending on how the rest of the year goes.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mef31
11-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Just now on primetime Berman gets ready to introduce the Bolts and says how bout that Drew Brees, more like a Hurricane!

jtzsd43
11-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Brees for MVP. Hehe, good read. Thanks.

Sdboltz619
11-08-2004, 07:33 PM
ESPN.com has drew on the cover page of it's site and nfl section espn (http://www.espn.com)