PDA

View Full Version : Wannstedt to step down as Dolphins coach

Gadzooks
11-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Looks like Wannstedt is going to hang up the towel:
The Miami Dolphins have scheduled a major news conference for 11:00 a.m. at the teamís Nova Southeastern University Training Facility in Davie, FL.
I also hear that they may be interested in Spurrier. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Gadzooks
11-09-2004, 08:05 AM
I guess I should have put this topic in the "General Discussions" section. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

winburgh
11-09-2004, 08:35 AM
i dont think its all his fault the dolphins are doing horrible. The media and other obvious factors have alot do with it.

Gadzooks
11-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Well, unless he was Williams pusher or if he clubbed Boston in the leg while he was sleeping, I think it's hardly his fault at all. I don't blame him for stepping down.
It's not easy to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

Gillis
11-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Wannstedt seems like such a nice guy too, I feel bad for him; it wasn't his fault. Stupid Ricky and Boston.

Triknique
11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Seems like the fans in Miami never really bought into Wannstaedt. Last year the were 10-6, but didn't make the playoffs, and fans were calling for change. I think he's probably relieved to be out of that situation im Miami.

Chargeroo
11-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: Gadzooks
I guess I should have put this topic in the "General Discussions" section.
No, this is the right place for it.

Wannstedt never has been successful to any degree as a HC. He may be one of those guys that's better suited to be a DC. He has always had a formidable defense and he made his reputation as a DC.

Gadzooks
11-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Sorry Roo, I'd already started another thread in the "General Discussions" section. I guess I thought this was bigger news then anybody else does

Johndbr
11-09-2004, 01:24 PM
This is disgusting, if it happens. That would be like firing Marty after last year just because could not get a winning season out of players who under normal circumstances could not even make a college teams practice squad. Wannstedt has done the best he could with what he had and that is all you can ask of any human being. I do not think there is any other coach out there that could have stepped into his shoes at anytime and did better.

Trying to find a silver lining to this, if they do let Wannstedt go, I hope they do hire Spurrier to replace him. I think Spurrier has been screwed over as a HC and I think the Phins would be the perfect team for him to turn that reputation around with. Spurrier is a great coach and the Phins are not nearly as bad as their record reflects, they are just missing some key players. Next year they will be back and if Wannstedt can not take advantage of it, at least Spurrier can.

John B.

jtzsd43
11-09-2004, 02:24 PM
I feel sorry for this guy. He was forced into a bad situation with the whole Ricky Williams situation and lost key players for the season, i.e. Junior Seau. The team is 1-8 and going into the bye week. At least Wannstedt did the classy thing and resigned before the bye week, giving time for the interim coach Jim Bates to make adjustments as needed. Too bad for Wannstedt.

snappysammy
11-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Idon't think he jumped........Think he was pushed.............................

guimcharger
11-20-2004, 10:55 PM
It isn't all wannstedts falt. Ricky did leave him and the team.