PDA

View Full Version : Brees a Bronco?

yodafro
11-10-2004, 08:33 AM
I was reading this mornings Union Tribune. Jim Trotter mentioned the possibility of Brees becoming a Bronco .
Nobody is saying so, but the Denver Broncos have every intention of picking up a $6 million option on quarterback Jake Plummer. But what happens if Plummer fails to get the Broncos who are tied with San Diego atop the AFC West into the playoffs? If Plummer isn't the answer, free agent-in-waiting Drew Brees could be, according to the Denver Post.

Said Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, when asked about the Chargers quarterback: "Let me say this. When they signed their quarterback in the draft (Philip Rivers), there were a lot of people calling about Drew Brees."

Do the Chargers really want to be facing Brees in the AFC West? I doubt it. He knows Cam's playbook in and out and I'm sure the Raiders & the Broncos are keeping close tabs on him. Too bad we can't keep all the good guys.

Chargeroo
11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I think this is exactly why the Bolts will put a franchise tag on him - then they can control where he goes to. They certainly don't want him playing for a Division rival. Of course, Drew would also have some input regarding where he goes. I also read a year ago that Dick Vermeil had said that Brees will be a very good QB with a little more experience and Green is 34 years old.

yodafro
11-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Yeah, but Brees would be warming the bench for a while in Kansas City. Wherever he goes he's got to be #1

geekster
11-10-2004, 12:37 PM
The only way you will see Brees play in the AFC West next year is as a Charger - bank on it.

I have to admit I smell one WHALE of a trade coming after this year - but it isn't going to be with another AFC West team.

WHITELIGHTNING
11-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Brees will tank after this season, he is playing way over his head. So I dont care where AJ trades him after tagging Brees. Once he comes back to earth is with be the same old thing. I just hope his luck lasts until the end of this season.

spysnipedis
11-10-2004, 09:20 PM
hmm he stays with the Chargers, i bet anyone.

WARHAWKS
11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Do the Chargers really want to be facing Brees in the AFC West? I doubt it. He knows Cam's playbook in and out and I'm sure the Raiders & the Broncos are keeping close tabs on him. Too bad we can't keep all the good guys.

i agree what if we facing brees as divisonal rival then we are damned

Chargeroo
11-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
Brees will tank after this season, he is playing way over his head. So I dont care where AJ trades him after tagging Brees. Once he comes back to earth is with be the same old thing. I just hope his luck lasts until the end of this season.Gees, you're a hard sell. Brees has been very sharp and with LT at less than his usual self, it's Brees that's been leading us to these wins. How many games did Fouts have to win before you started saying he's good?

OverVolt
11-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Whitelightning will never be able to admit he's wrong, it's come to the point I just pass over his posts, he doesn't know a good QB from a bad one, or what makes either.

After all, he's tanking as we speak!

oneofakind
11-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I can garuntee that Drew Brees will not be a charger next year. In all likelyhood Brees will be wearing a Miami Dolphin or a Green Bay Packer uniform come next year. We will make him a franchise player and swap him for some draft choices. Simple as that.

OverVolt
11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by: oneofakind
I can garuntee that Drew Brees will not be a charger next year. In all likelyhood Brees will be wearing a Miami Dolphin or a Green Bay Packer uniform come next year. We will make him a franchise player and swap him for some draft choices. Simple as that.

So how is it your connected to the team?
Hank Baur is connected to this team, and he thinks differently. Your speaking of something you know nothing about.
When it comes to guarantees...leave it to the people that know. Which right now is no one

spysnipedis
11-11-2004, 05:26 PM
wow, i heard broncos are not going to resign plummber as their QB... *** does this mean...

resign brees or we are dooom next season.

ziggyp22
11-11-2004, 05:28 PM
WHITELIGHTNING IS THE MAN!!!.....your posts are always accurate. Good job!

spysnipedis
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by: ziggyp22
WHITELIGHTNING IS THE MAN!!!.....your posts are always accurate. Good job!

why do you always bash brees?

denverboltfan
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
Brees will tank after this season, he is playing way over his head. So I dont care where AJ trades him after tagging Brees. Once he comes back to earth is with be the same old thing. I just hope his luck lasts until the end of this season.

I disagree with this assessment. From my limited observations, Brees seems to be a class individual as well as a good player. He will be a valuable asset to whatever team and community he ends up at next year. I don't agree that his performance this season is a fluke. Rather, I think he is finally realizing the potential that he showed at Purdue. I think that he will duplicate this performance anywhere he has a good offensive line and decent receivers.

I am anxiously anticipating the second half of the season. I hope Brees leads the bolts deep into the playoffs. I don't think that the Charger front office would be crazy enough to let Brees end up with an AFC West rival.

spysnipedis
11-11-2004, 06:16 PM
but, denverboltfan they would have to francise tag him or do something with money to control where he goes. i say keep him.

yodafro
11-11-2004, 06:30 PM
spysnipedis, where did you get your info regarding Broncos opting not to resign Plummer?

spysnipedis
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
smacksaw...
coming back home from work

yodafro
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
That definately explains it. I think Denver is waiting to see how the 2nd half of the season unfolds before pulling the plug on the Plummer.

jAHcharger
11-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Wow ... how interesting cause it wasn`t that we gave Brees the weapons for this offense , cause he was trying to fit somebodyies set program but now that offensive genius has let him too show his mastery of that same offense . The chargers spent all that time tinkering with high-price has beens and deservedly got what they purchased . Now we finally have this receiver that wants too better the {charger} receiveing-corps and shows the younger fellas how to crawl before they run . Lets hope we will too stay on this path : For the road is long . ps. Keep Rivers around till 2006 .

spysnipedis
11-11-2004, 11:40 PM
i am afraid if he goes to the broncos, i just don't know what to execpt next season.

OldManCharger
11-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by: spysnipedis
i am afraid if he goes to the broncos, i just don't know what to execpt next season.

It would not make that big of a difference if he went to the Donkeys....they have Plummer who has thrown something like 8 TDs in the last 2 games.....Brees is good, but Plummer is tried and true as a NFL QB....I just hope he does not go to the Damn a - fRaiders.

OMC